Predicted Winner?

• Leinster

Votes: 26 54.2%
  • Toulouse

Votes: 22 45.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
http://www.espnscrum.com/heineken-cup-2010-11/rugby/story/138957.html

Leinster have been hailed as "by far and away the best team in Europe" ahead of their Heineken Cup semi-final clash with Toulouse this weekend, by Racing Metro coach Simon Mannix.

Mannix's side were undone by Leinster in the Pool stages of this year's competition, losing 38- 22 in Ireland and 36-11 in France. Leinster made quite an impression on the former Sale and Gloucester fly-half and he believes the Irish Province have the all-round game necessary to win the European Cup for the second time, following their victory in 2009.

"They are far and away the best team I've seen in Europe this year," he told the Irish Times. "They beat us well in both matches, albeit the second time we had a B team out. But they were very, very impressive when they came to our place."

"I think Leinster have got everything to defuse the attack of Toulouse," Mannix said. "I think they've got it all. They're well organised, they've got a good back three, they're good in the air and I know the guys they've got in their side work very hard without the ball - the likes of D'Arcy and O'Driscoll in the middle of the field."

He had to say it didn't he!!!

Heineken Cups are so boring lads :D It's all about Amlin :p

Think it hard to see past Leinster in this one but expect it to be a scrape through in the end.
Also I know I'll get responses arguing this but I just feel Leinster will have the better bench to see this through.

I dont think anyone is underestimating Toulouse. Its not as if we are playing some mickey mouse premiership team. They are Toulouse ffs.

Leinster fans are just confident this year and we have every right to be. We have beaten Clermont, Racing, Sarries, Leicester and barring the last 10 minutes against Leicester we have completely dominated these teams at home.

Toulouse are without doubt another step up, but we have a team that is good enough to beat them. I dont do man-for-man comparisons but I think we have a pack that can compete in both the setpiece and the loose. Something we didnt have last year.

Vbookie Now added to thread.

The odds have come from Paddy Power rather than made up...

I think this semifinal is unpredictable. Not a clue who could win. I suspect Toulouse wold be more favourite playing at home than Leinster is playing at the Aviva. Anyway too close to call. Actually this, again, should be the final; the two strongest teams in Europe I think. The winner takes it all.

Disagree as I think other semifinalists are more than worthy of their place and ALL 4 teams equally deserve the win in my opinion

LEINSTER:

15: Isa Nacewa
14: Shane Horgan
13: Brian O'Driscoll
12: Gordon D'Arcy
11: Luke Fitzgerald
10: Jonathan Sexton
9: Eoin Reddan

1: Cian Healy
2: Richardt Strauss
3: Mike Ross
4: Leo Cullen CAPTAIN
5: Nathan Hines
6: Kevin McLaughlin
7: Sean O'Brien
8: Jamie Heaslip

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Jason Harris-Wright
17: Heinke van der Merwe
18: Stan Wright
19: Devin Toner
20: Shane Jennings
21: Isaac Boss
22: Ian Madigan
23: Fergus McFadden

Full of surprises in that lineup...
Nahh your right, but given the fitness problems we had this time last year its a major boost to have our first team out there.

We are only really missing Kearney on the bench. Jenno is unlucky but you couldnt drop McLaughlin given his recent form.

Toulouse coach Guy Novès has made four changes to his side, from the one that defeated Biarritz in their Heineken Cup quarter-final clash in San Sebastian, for tomorrow's last four match with Leinster at the Aviva Stadium, kick-off 3.30pm.

Novès has continued with the midfield partnership of Clément Poitrenaud and Florian Fritz meaning French test veteran Yannick Jauzion is left on the bench.

Young scrumhalf Jean-Marc Duoussain starts ahead of Nicolas Bezy, who has been struggling with an ankle injury but is amongst the replacements.

Skipper Thierry Dusautoir, who has recovered from an injury lay-off, is named on the bench as Yannick Nyanga, Jean Bouilhou and Louis Picamoles form the backrow.

The back three is packed with pace in the form test wingers Vincent Clerc and Maxime Medard while Cedric Heymans takes the fullback slot.

Yoann Maestri partners Argentinean Patricio Albacete in the secondrow with Jean-Baptiste Poux, William Servat and Census Johnston named in the frontrow.

Toulouse: 15 Cédric Heymans, 14 Vincent Clerc, 13 Florian Fritz, 12 Clément Poitrenaud, 11 Maxime Medard, 10 David Skrela, 9 Jean-Marc Doussain, 8 Louis Picamoles , 7 Yannick Nyanga, 6 Jean Bouilhou, 5 Patricio Albacete, 4 Yoann Maestri, 3 Census Johnston, 2 William Servat, 1 Jean-Baptiste Poux.

Replacements: 16 Virgile Lacombe, 17 Daan Human, 18 Johnson Falefa, 19 Thierry Dusautoir, 20 Nicolas Bezy, 21 Yannick Jauzion, 22 Shaun Sowerby, 23 Grégory Lamboley.

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/ja...-bench-for-toulouse-503168.html#ixzz1KvJ0CXOw

15 Cédric Heymans vs Isa Nacewa
14 Vincent Clerc vs Shane Horgan
13 Florian Fritz vs Brian O'Driscoll
12 Clément Poitrenaud vs Gordon D'arcy
11 Maxime Medard vs Luke Fitzgerald
10 David Skrela vs Johnny Sexton
9 Jean-Marc Doussain vs Eoin Reddan
8 Louis Picamoles vs Jamie Heaslip
7 Yannick Nyanga vs Sean O'Brien
6 Jean Bouilhou vs Kevin McLaughlin
5 Patricio Albacete vs Nathan Hines
4 Yoann Maestri vs Leo Cullen
3 Census Johnston vs Mike Ross
2 William Servat vs Richard Strauss
1 Jean-Baptiste Poux vs Cian Healy

And the benches are pretty even too. This should be an absolute corker.

Good calls feen. But on current form I might be calling Picamoles over Heaslip. Have a feeling that D'Arcy's gonna have one of his good games tomorrow and Poit-oh-no my have a poor one.

Should indeed be a corker though.

I'd actually take the Leinster bench of underrated demons ahead of Toulouse's bench full of the walking-wounded

Going for Leinster by 7 but wouldn't be surprised if Toulouse were to sneak it. Hopefully the weather holds up and we get boh teams playing proper, attacking rugby worthy of a semi final.

Popped 100 on toulouse ...so that If by some horrible scenario that Leinster do lose I will still get some slight , slight bit of sunshine :p

Latest posts