Votes: 26 54.2%
  • Toulouse

Votes: 22 45.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Glory hunters! ;) :p

Lunster.png

My dad blending in

Toulouse fans are exception though to usual French. I remember in 08 we played Saracens on Sunday in Ricoh but on Saturday 3 of us had to go to Twickenham for Exiles and Toulouse and they had big amount over that day.
Strangely it was a weekend where I felt Munster fans didn't travel as stadium had big gaps of seats.

leinster should scrape by but if anyone is able to beat leinster its toulouse

Toulouse is a very good team, from what I've seen of them they seem just as good as Leinster is right now. If Leinster can work on they're support ( because it seemed like against Leicester almost every time a player made any kind of big run, there was no one there to provide support), and Johnny Sexton stays on point with his play, Leinster should be able to pull off a win.

Leinster will win this one easily. Toulouse don't travel well and they're a spent force anyway. They have no fit scrum half, Skrela is usesless and Jauzion is over the hill.

As much as I don't like leinster i have to admit that they will probably win. French teams in general don't travel well and i say that leinster will destroy them in the pack. They'll have to watch out for clerc, medard and heymans but they should be able to cope.

If the weather is a scorcher then this really could be a superb game that'll be decided by bit of magic and bounce of a ball.

It will be a well fought battle but leinster might just pull through, leinsters pack is good especially they're back row. Also leinsters back line have a lot of skill and experience in it

Dusatoir expected to be back for this, which'll strengthen Toulouses pack

I don't think Toulouse will be as physical as Leicester were. They'll want to play more and that COULD play into Leinsters hands. Toulouse also take risks and those risks could pay off but I think Leinster being at home should win it if they play their best. Home advantage is massive.

and i say that leinster will destroy them in the pack

It will be a well fought battle but leinster might just pull through, leinsters pack is good especially they're back row. Also leinsters back line have a lot of skill and experience in it

I'm not supporting Toulouse but I think that you guys totaly underestimate Toulouse. They have an incredibly powerfull front Row with the likes of Servat, Millo Chluski or Johnson. The 3rd row of Toulouse is world class (who said Dussautoir ?) and well, you mentionned the irish backs, but heh, did you have a look at the ones of Toulouse ?

11. Clerc. His 3 last games with Toulouse in Top14 were just awesome (scoring 2 trys last saturday). He's definitely back, he had a period where he was an "average" player, after his injury, but now he's once again the top winger we used to know.

12-13. Jauzion, Fritz. For some reason Jauzion struggle to play a decent rugby, but he still has a quite good tackle. And Fritz, well, Fritz, one of the best French openside center who is never picked up in the national squad for weird reasons. But Fritz is a great player, anyone who is regulary watching the H cup knows his talent.

14. Medard. I guess we don't need to say anything else.

15. Heymans. Heymans is someone... special. He had a terrible season, but Noves decided to let him play as a fullback, and he has been doing world class performances since his playing n15. Everytime he wears that number, everyone is speechless. This guy is just awesome.

9-10. This may be an issue for Toulouse, because Kelleher is still injured and I don't know who's gonna play 9. And Skrela has been a bit inconsistent during the last games (but keep in mind that this guy had an incredible season from Sept. to Feb., he was that good that many people thought he would be picked up by M. Lièvremont -and he was-).

No offense to Leinster, I know you are irish fans and everybody knows how fanatic you guys are about your team(s), but the only advantage i can see here is the fact that you will play at home.

Toulouse is Toulouse.

I'm not supporting Toulouse but I think that you guys totaly underestimate Toulouse. They have an incredibly powerfull front Row with the likes of Servat, Millo Chluski or Johnson. The 3rd row of Toulouse is world class (who said Dussautoir ?) and well, you mentionned the irish backs, but heh, did you have a look at the ones of Toulouse ?

11. Clerc. His 3 last games with Toulouse in Top14 were just awesome (scoring 2 trys last saturday). He's definitely back, he had a period where he was an "average" player, after his injury, but now he's once again the top winger we used to know.

12-13. Jauzion, Fritz. For some reason Jauzion struggle to play a decent rugby, but he still has a quite good tackle. And Fritz, well, Fritz, one of the best French openside center who is never picked up in the national squad for weird reasons. But Fritz is a great player, anyone who is regulary watching the H cup knows his talent.

15. Heymans. Heymans is someone... special. He had a terrible season, but Noves decided to let him play as a fullback, and he has been doing world class performances since his playing n15. Everytime he wears that number, everyone is speechless. This guy is just awesome.

9-10. This may be an issue for Toulouse, because Kelleher is still injured and I don't know who's gonna play 9. And Skrela has been a bit inconsistent during the last games (but keep in mind that this guy had an incredible season from Sept. to Feb., he was that good that many people thought he would be picked up by M. Lièvremont -and he was-).

No offense to Leinster, I know you are irish fans and everybody knows how fanatic you guys are about your team(s), but the only advantage i can see here is the fact that you will play at home.

Toulouse is Toulouse.

Arrgh, why can't this match be on now. Only 4 more sleeps.

Toulouse is Toulouse.

I agree that alot of people on this forum are underestimating Toulouse and they will provide such a tough test and they have so much quality throughout their team. However it seems that in this years competition Toulouse have had a poor attitude and seemed complacent at times. It seems like they don't have the complete pack domination as they once had and they seem focussed on winning the Top 14.

Last year they beat us due to 3 main reasons (advantages) and I believe they will not have the same advantages over us this year.

1) The scrum - Last year we were destroyed in the scrum and we couldn't cope with being on the back foot. We gave away alot of penalties in the scrum and couldn't get the clean ball we required. This year However we have yet to have any trouble in the scrum and so far we have coped with Leicester, Saracens, Racing Metro and Clermont. All of who have powerful scrums.

2) Skrela - He was brilliant last year. He scored a great try, Kicked goals and really controlled everything. Last year Sexton was injured but now he is back and that should hopefully help us with our defence against the player that caused us so much trouble last year. Sexton is also on great form and our defence is working well. Skrela is not as threatning as last year and neither is Jauzion, who also caused us so much trouble. Toulouses back three is a bigger worry but both Nacewa and Horgan are in great form and hopefully our backrow will also help to slow down the ball and hunt down the half backs which in turn will cause Toulouse's back three to suffer.

3) Home advantages - Last year Toulouse were favorites and were really helped by having the support with them. This year we will be at the Aviva where we will have around 45,000 fans compared to Toulouses 5,000. We are yet to lose a the Aviva and we have all the confidence as we are the team to beat in the competition.

I also think that Leinster have the better backrow options and we have already beaten some top teams this year and I think Leinster have shown they can play different types of games.

Don't get me wrong I think Toulouse are a great team and they could easily win this match but the hunger in this Leinster team is huge and I think we have the momentum to win.

Underestimating Toulouse? This is TRF and there's an "unspecified" Irish team still in an "unspecified" tournament. They're a surefire bet to win! You must be mad to believe otherwise!

I hope Toulouse play Poitrenaud at 12. I don't think Jauzion has ever played badly against O'Driscoll I think it will be a similar match to last years semi final and I think Leinster will just win it because they have better half backs and centres otherwise the teams are level.

Latest posts