HEC: Semi-Final Leinster vs Toulouse

Predicted Winner?

• Leinster

Votes: 26 54.2%
  • Toulouse

Votes: 22 45.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't know why people are saying 'based on the quarters, Toulouse are favourites.' Disagree entirely. Was very unimpressed with Toulouse against Biarritz. Threw away a big lead and really didn't look all that dangerous outside their tries.

Still think we'll take it at home.

You were impressed with Leinster though?
Toulouse looked more impressive than Leinster, imo

You were impressed with Leinster though?
Toulouse looked more impressive than Leinster, imo

But Leinster were playing against a tougher team that are (were?) on form. In the knock ou stages its all about getting the win and both teams have done that but Leinster managed to it in normal time :)

Almost all rugby pundits have said Leinster could have won by anouther one or two tries and Leinster have yet to lose at home this season. Toulose will be tough challenge but I think Leicester was an even harder match.

Almost all rugby pundits have said Leinster could have won by anouther one or two tries
images

But they didn't, so they obviously couldn't

Toulouse squandered a seventeen point lead and were very lucky to get to extra time. If they drop off like that against Leinster, it'll be over with about fifteen minutes to spare.

I keep forgetting this happens every year. Every semi final when one of them gets to this stage and the Irish get precious as more hop on the bandwagon. Didn't one of the idiot features say Ireland were the best team of the six nations whilst England were merely "so called champions" a few weeks ago? :lol:

Leinster weren't good. Tigers were worse. And even then it could be argues extra time should have happened as it's very debatable the pass for Tuilagi was forward.

I would expect they will be better then that, but don't start pretending they were even a shadow of the team in the group stage.

I keep forgetting this happens every year. Every semi final when one of them gets to this stage and the Irish get precious as more hop on the bandwagon. Didn't one of the idiot features say Ireland were the best team of the six nations whilst England were merely "so called champions" a few weeks ago? :lol:

Leinster weren't good. Tigers were worse. And even then it could be argues extra time should have happened as it's very debatable the pass for Tuilagi was forward.

I would expect they will be better then that, but don't start pretending they were even a shadow of the team in the group stage.

Oh good, Mite's brought out his prejudice against the Irish again. Hurray.

Tualagi's pass was definitely forward, but it's of little consequence considering that he was tackled into touch by Sean O'Brien, the reason that the try wasn't given.

What happened to all this who ever wins the Leinster v Leicester game will be favourites to win the cup?

Leinster played what was in front of them and pretty much dominated Leicester in all areas (maybe apart from the scrum). Everyone said Leinster would had rather had played anyone apart from Leicester in the quaters and we have successfully beaten them. Toulouse will be a different challange as they will play more flashy rugby however they will make more mistakes and I think Leinster will capatilise on that.

Anyway still qutie a while before the match. Plenty of time to gain form or lose and for players to become injured.

Oh good, Mite's brought out his prejudice against the Irish again. Hurray.

Tualagi's pass was definitely forward, but it's of little consequence considering that he was tackled into touch by Sean O'Brien, the reason that the try wasn't given.

Point it out please with both eyes open. Then point out the lack of softie southerners & kids who suddenly like Leinster.

Now, I don't really like Leicester, and I vaguely like Leinster - however, I loves a bit of scandal

Nacewas try was what won the game (as it was won by 7 points)
If we look at the play leading up to the try:

The ball leaves Nacewas hands here:
iz9mxs.png

The ball reaches Horgan here:
19rrcj.png

Hint of a forward pass?
If that'd been called then who knows what would've happened, could well have gone to extra time, who knows!

Point it out please with both eyes open. Then point out the lack of softie southerners & kids who suddenly like Leinster.

In fairness the vast majority of people on this forum are die hard supporters of their team.
I agree that Toulouse were dreadfully poor for alot of the match as were Leinster , but Leinster are the form team this season and on paper are the more impressive team ..surely you cannot be writing them off after a bad performance in a dog fight Vs the best team for grinding out results in Europe..

Toulouse beat a fairly poor Biaritz side very unconvincingly and I think that should leinster perform in the Aviva that they should win the match ...that hardly makes me a fair weather fan or a one eyed irishman ?

Alrighty.

Tarring an entire with the same brush? Seems pretty prejudice to me. Not the first time either! Was going to go get examples, but all of the 6N threads are gone.

Now, I don't really like Leicester, and I vaguely like Leinster - however, I loves a bit of scandal

Nacewas try was what won the game (as it was won by 7 points)
If we look at the play leading up to the try:

The ball leaves Nacewas hands here:
iz9mxs.png

The ball reaches Horgan here:
19rrcj.png

Hint of a forward pass?
If that'd been called then who knows what would've happened, could well have gone to extra time, who knows!

Important to bear momentum in mind. It's something I've brought up before. Unless Nacewa actually flings the ball behind him it's going to more forward, all flat passes do because the ball is moving at the speed of the runner toward the opposition try line. Hand position is what's usually called up and in the pic above his hands appear to be flat/

EDIT: Had a look at the vid, seriously forward pass there actually! :D

Last edited:
Can't wait for this game!!

Should be good right to the end. Although Leinster have home field advantage, I just can't picture any team easily beating Toulouse. They just always seem to step up for the big games. Will make for great TV, even if I have to watch it on the replay here in the U.S.!

Important to bear momentum in mind. It's something I've brought up before. Unless Nacewa actually flings the ball behind him it's going to more forward, all flat passes do because the ball is moving at the speed of the runner toward the opposition try line. Hand position is what's usually called up and in the pic above his hands appear to be flat/

Ball is passed behind the line and is caught in front of the line ... thats a forward pass.

I think I said in the game thread that it was a forward pass and its still a forward pass.

Ball is passed behind the line and is caught in front of the line ... thats a forward pass.

I think I said in the game thread that it was a forward pass and its still a forward pass.

Yep agreed, see the edit.

Alrighty.

Tarring an entire with the same brush? Seems pretty prejudice to me. Not the first time either! Was going to go get examples, but all of the 6N threads are gone.

Well... You are getting precious and there was an idiot who said that comment. Only saying it as I see it. ;) :p

Latest posts