• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Champions Cup 22/23 - Rd 1

Sale Sharks Starting XV:
15. Joe Carpenter, 14. Arron Reed, 13. Sam James, 12. Manu Tuilagi, 11. Tom O'Flaherty, 10. Rob Du Preez ©, 9. Gus Warr; 1. Bevan Rodd, 2. Akker Van Der Merwe, 3. Nick Schonert, 4. Cobus Wiese, 5. Jonny Hill, 6. Jean-Luc Du Preez, 7. Tom Curry, 8. Daniel Du Preez

Replacements:
16. Tommy Taylor, 17. Simon McIntyre, 18. Joe Jones, 19. Josh Beaumont, 20. Jono Ross, 21. Joe Simpson, 22. Tom Curtis, 23. Byron McGuigan

Strongest we can put out from the available players, so no arguments from me.

Ulster:
(15-9): Mike Lowry, Ethan McIlroy, James Hume, Stuart McCloskey, Jacob Stockdale, Billy Burns, Nathan Doak;
(1-8): Andy Warwick, Rob Herring, Tom O'Toole, Alan O'Connor (Captain), Kieran Treadwell, Matty Rea, Nick Timoney, Duane Vermeulen.
Replacements: Tom Stewart, Eric O'Sullivan, Marty Moore, Sam Carter, Marcus Rea, Dave Shanahan, Stewart Moore, Ben Moxham.

You asked about Ulsters form further up the thread. Last week was a resounding crash back to earth for them and on top of that they're down some of their best players (Baloucoune, Henderson, Addison and Cooney) are out. Hume, a very good player has fallen out of form a bit and got schooled last week. I do still think they'll win this weekend though, but they're probs a bit vulnerable

Leinster vs racing isn't working for me so I'm stuck with sharks harlequins. I have a feeling this could get ugly.

Didn't realise how many Boks were in the Sharks side, it's like back when Ospreys were basically Wales with a few fringe players

Didn't realise how many Boks were in the Sharks side, it's like back when Ospreys were basically Wales with a few fringe players

They got new owners in as it went to the URC, and then they went on a spending spree, buying Bongi, Kolisi, Etzebeth and a number of others. But they've been terribly underperforming given the talent they have, largely due to a poor coach, but he just got fired so interesting to see how they perform now

Wtf is going on,
Two balls on the pitch and the referee just plays on with half the players chasing the 2nd one

French directors are desperate. Hope its not a issue in the WC.

Latest posts