Fat Boi
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
IMG_20190504_112400.jpg

Game of kicking 15 12 to best kicker.
Tad boring game for me with no out and out x factor players,but great team ethos from both to take nothing away from either.

Billy V, Johnny Sexton, James Lowe...?
Just an observation from a neutral.
Obviously fans of both feel different.
James Lowe I'll give you does have an x factor but noted due to team rules sometimes is first name off the team sheet.
Will he make match day squad?
The others for me just great players not an x factor player.
Best of luck for your team .
But I fear both teams great organisation will cancel each other out.

I had a dream last night that Billy was kicking the penalties...it didn't go well.

James Lowe I'll give you does have an x factor but noted due to team rules sometimes is first name off the team sheet.
Yeah Lowe will start. Both his form and back three injuries really force the selection.

Yeah Lowe will start. Both his form and back three injuries really force the selection.
More that Gibson-Park's been injured, we could still put out Larmour and the Kearneys with O'Loughlin on the bench without Lowe. But he has to play really, he's too good not to pick even if it means having no proper Scrumhalf cover. Reports on the injuries are looking good, looks like we'll have Cronin, Ruddock, Porter and maybe even Van Der Flier fit.

I think we'll see a few tries unlike last year, neither team are really underdogs so setting out to stop the other team playing like Racing (successfully) did last year isn't on the cards. It'll be close but I think we'll do it.

As a neutral fan as well I fear you may be right. I still think Leinster have the slight edge when it comes to the kicking game.

Hopefully it will be horribly wet and slippery conditions, about the only way to make it interesting.

Hopefully a monsoon happens and neither win....

Just from a true neutral view.
Don't we then get extra time and kicks to decide.
Just noted we have Garcais as ref not been impressed with his last couple of showings.
Guess time for a Gaff that one side or another will bemoan or years to come.

It's odd, somehow, the inevitability of these two teams meeting has made the matchup less exciting rather than more...

I'm going with Saracens, by 7 or less, but I imagine it will be close right down to the time the clock expires. I just hope it's exciting, because there's something somehow anticlimactic about this game...

As always, just a noobie's thoughts.

Wet all week long and dry for ko apparently. On a slippier soccer surface that could definitely negatively effect the game as a spectacle.

Leinster Rugby (caps in brackets):

15. Rob Kearney (208)
14. Jordan Larmour (36)
13. Garry Ringrose (62)
12. Robbie Henshaw (34)
11. James Lowe (27)
10. Johnny Sexton (157) CAPTAIN
9. Luke McGrath (110)
1. Cian Healy (205)
2. Seán Cronin (170)
3. Tadhg Furlong (99)
4. Devin Toner (229)