• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Cup 2014 - The Final

never said it was not just a little tongue in cheek!!!!!!!!!!! personally i think its the one of the worst signings Toulon have made!!!!!!!!!!!

He did - through Mako, because he doesn't use twitter.

<iframe style="width: 1px; height: 0px; border: medium none; position: absolute; visibility: hidden;" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Congrats to Toulon and @JonnyWilkinson for a great career. My brother apologises as well his emotions got the better of him.
— Mako Vunipola (@Mako_Vunipola) May 24, 2014
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thats fair enough case closed for me!!!! even if he got his brother to do it for him!!!!!!!!!

<iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Thats fair enough case closed for me!!!! even if he got his brother to do it for him!!!!!!!!!

<iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe>

oh no, please, let's debate it some more. Gah...I think Billy just was applying his mantra at that exact moment, and could not have heard or felt Jonny Wilkinson because he was entering an out-of-body experience.

Binny doesn't have twitter, so it'd have to be through someone else.

Binny doesn't have twitter, so it'd have to be through someone else.

fascinating. Stuff. Let's debate this further. I think it's interesting Billy doesn't have a twitter account, it shows some integrity about him, but yet he couldn't turn around and shake Wilko's hand. Let's analyze that in depth for just a while. As he walks towards the exit....(...).

Was a better game than I, perhaps cynically, was expecting. Both Toulon tries were class and some of the hits that went in, especially in that first 20-25 mins were huge.

Habana's dive - hilariously embarrasing.
Rollands reffing - great managing of a very intense game
B. Vunipola's "handshake" incident - a mountain out of a molehill, yes he should stay to shake hands but I can understand both through noise and his own emotions why he wanted to get away. Didn't look like Wilkinson took it personally, move on.

looooooool
[video=dailymotion;x1wux3d]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1wux3d_le-pilou-pilou-du-rct-apres-la-victoire-en-h-cup_sport[/video]

I didn't get a word he said, but this video is fkn hilarious ! Such a tribal piece of footage :p

That is a grossly unfair remark. The overall tackle/ruck turnover rate in Super Rugby is as high as it is in any other elite competititon.

What SH referees will generally not allow fetchers/jacklers to do is to support heir bodyweight while going for the ball. This is because the LAWS say that players have to be on their feet, and the directives to referees from the iRB and their respective Unions is that "a player is off his feet when he is using his arms or another player to support his weight."

The following techniques are illegal and if seen, will get you penalised by most SH referees;

1. placing the hands on the ground beyond the ball and "sweeping" backward to grab the ball
2. placing forearms and/or elbows on the ground beyond the ball
3. leaning the knees/chins/lower legs on a team-mate or opponent.

In all of these cases, the jackler is deemed to be "off his feet".

In general terms, if the jackler's backside is in front of his heels, then he cannot be supporting his own bodyweight on his feet unless his feet are very wide apart. If you don't believe me, try this at home.... stand with your back to a wall, and with a ball on the ground about 18" in front of you. Place your feet shoulder-width apart, with your heels and backside hard against the wall and try to pick up the ball without toppling forward. You wont be able to, but now widen your stance and try again. Keep widening and keep trying. See how far apart your feet have to be before you can pick up the ball.

You'll be talking about when he kept penalising Brian O'Driscoll. Well quite simply, O'Driscoll often used technique No. 2 above, its illegal.

O'Driscoll also had a habit of taking the ball carrier to ground and ending up standing already in the gate, which is fine and a great skill if you are good enough to do it, but then he would fail to release the tackled player before gong for the ball, which is also illegal.

What you mean what David Pocock does in this link at 52 secs? http://youtu.be/imUV3xbvdqk yet Bryce Lawrence allowed him to get away with it and penalised the SA player in a World Cup quarter final. Bryce Lawrence is a Kiwi and a SH ref isn't he? Yet he lets David get away with it.

Latest posts