• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

"Heineken Cup" discussion thread

Tell you whats boring. People continually kicking and the ball spending around 30 minutes a game out of play.

As opposed to the constant reppitition of 'you run at us than we run at you' play. Again. And Again. And Again. And Again. And Again...

Or the "Bone crunching tackles" that only RL fans ever seem to see never happening, or 'massive tackles' are little more than 3 blokes sitting on a 4th.

Or maybe the complete lack of inginuity from the players, apart from an ocasional sidestep.

Or than theres the uncontested scrums.

And the the bloody roundyball hoolgan fans.

Or that all the best players are dumping RL faster than a pimp dumps a fat whore with aids. And than they can't even play because their constantly injured. (Maybe because of these 'crunching' tackles that no-one ever seems to see apart from die hard fans).

league is a very skillful sport, but lacks the excitement of union - i like rucking and mauls.

I don't hate League I just agree that I don't find it as interesting as Union. I find the concept of "4 tackles, then you kick then we run at you then vice-versa".

Union has more to it in my opinion, but at least we can agree never to go to football.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Oct 8 2005, 04:34 PM
As opposed to the constant reppitition of 'you run at us than we run at you' play. Again. And Again. And Again. And Again. And Again...

Or the "Bone crunching tackles" that only RL fans ever seem to see never happening, or 'massive tackles' are little more than 3 blokes sitting on a 4th.

Or maybe the complete lack of inginuity from the players, apart from an ocasional sidestep.

Or than theres the uncontested scrums.

Or that all the best players are dumping RL faster than a pimp dumps a fat whore with aids. And than they can't even play because their constantly injured. (Maybe because of these 'crunching' tackles that no-one ever seems to see apart from die hard fans).
Hooligan fans?

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Oct 9 2005, 03:34 AM
Or that all the best players are dumping RL faster than a pimp dumps a fat whore with aids.
Don't want to get involved, save to say that the above sentence is both horrible and beautiful in equal measure.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Oct 8 2005, 03:34 PM
Right, everyone knows I think union sucks, but I give players credit because it's a tough sport. I invite you to do the same.

I also invite you to rescind this ridiculous comment, which is not based on fact, in fact, I don't know what it's based on, not reality.

There are no hooligans in rugby union fan bases, and there are none in league either. I have been going to rugby league for 15 years, all season, every season, and the only fights I have seen are my own supporters turning on one another.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Oct 10 2005, 11:38 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Oct 10 2005, 11:38 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Teh Mite
@Oct 8 2005, 03:34 PM
Right, everyone knows I think union sucks, but I give players credit because it's a tough sport. I invite you to do the same.

I also invite you to rescind this ridiculous comment, which is not based on fact, in fact, I don't know what it's based on, not reality.

There are no hooligans in rugby union fan bases, and there are none in league either. I have been going to rugby league for 15 years, all season, every season, and the only fights I have seen are my own supporters turning on one another. [/b]
I think he meant football fans.
<

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Oct 10 2005, 01:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Oct 10 2005, 01:41 PM)</div>
Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Oct 10 2005, 11:38 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Teh Mite

There are no hooligans in rugby union fan bases, and there are none in league either. I have been going to rugby league for 15 years, all season, every season, and the only fights I have seen are my own supporters turning on one another.
<
[/b]
And what have they got to do with rugby League?

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Oct 10 2005, 01:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Oct 10 2005, 01:48 PM)</div>
Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Oct 10 2005, 01:41 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Teh Mite

<
And what have they got to do with rugby League? [/b]
No idea actually.
<

Mabye I misread it, because I've certainly never thought of League fans as anything more than Union fans a bit further North.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Oct 10 2005, 01:49 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Oct 10 2005, 01:49 PM)</div>
Originally posted by wigan_rlfc@Oct 10 2005, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Oct 10 2005, 01:41 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Teh Mite

<

And what have they got to do with rugby League?
No idea actually.
<

Mabye I misread it, because I've certainly never thought of League fans as anything more than Union fans a bit further North. [/b]
Well I'd argue that League fans were more passionate but on about the same level of hooliganism as Union fans yes.

there not more passionate, come to wales or new zealand or s.a and you'll see what passion is.

I laugh at you League fans, so insecure about your code which no one likes.

I always laugh at the Losers at League Unlimited - they watch more Union then me, then go to the forums and ***** on about how boring it is and how much they hate it.

and League Fans are Holligans - at least the Bulldogs and Rorters Fans are.

And you've been to loads of Rorters and Bulldogs games, haven't you Ripper?

Never been on LU, I have no intention of doing so far. I only watch union if South Africa, the All Blacks and the Wallabies are playing, it's the only time I find union entertaining.

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Oct 11 2005, 11:22 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Oct 11 2005, 11:22 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-St Helens RLFC
@Oct 10 2005, 04:33 PM
Come to a St Helens vs. Wigan game and you'll see what passion is.
Exactly. [/b]
Go to any local derby and there will be passion regardless of the sport; Wigan V Saints, Saints v Leicester, Man Utd v Liverpool etc.

A derby match is not the way to gauge the passion of a bog standard match.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Oct 11 2005, 11:36 PM
Alright then.

Come to a Saints vs *insert team*

You'll see what passion is.
I do.

Every week.

And I KNOW what passion is!
<

Latest posts