• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Cup Draw 2019/20

An Exeter fan saying they're not too worried about Europe games
laughing_elf_man.jpg

Conspiracy theorists are out in force against Ster on twitter haha!

We get an easy pool every year apparently, if you ignore:
2019: Top 14 champs
2018: defending premiership champs and log leaders, log leaders in both pro 14 and top14 too
2017: no champs but two french sides
2016: Defending champions
2015 was the last genuinely easy one!

The price you pay for navigating pools easily eh!

Conspiracy theorists are out in force against Ster on twitter haha!

We get an easy pool every year apparently, if you ignore:
2019: Top 14 champs
2018: defending premiership champs and log leaders, log leaders in both pro 14 and top14 too
2017: no champs but two french sides
2016: Defending champions
2015 was the last genuinely easy one!

The price you pay for navigating pools easily eh!
In fairness it is very rare ye get tough pools.
Like 2019 ye had Top14 champs but they were **** poor. Actually awful. And rest is same kind of stories. Equally it's luck of draw and can only beat what is given but can't say it was hard.
Like last year Toulouse tried hard but were too early on their path.

Like people say our pool is awful. And on paper it is but Sarries possibly may suffer from RWC and Racing could be a world class team or a shambles. But as the message went out today by Mr Rowntree. "If you plan on winning any tournament you never worry about the pool. You believe you'll beat all challengers".

In fairness it is very rare ye get tough pools.
Like 2019 ye had Top14 champs but they were **** poor. Actually awful. And rest is same kind of stories. Equally it's luck of draw and can only beat what is given but can't say it was hard.
Like last year Toulouse tried hard but were too early on their path.

Like people say our pool is awful. And on paper it is but Sarries possibly may suffer from RWC and Racing could be a world class team or a shambles. But as the message went out today by Mr Rowntree. "If you plan on winning any tournament you never worry about the pool. You believe you'll beat all challengers".
How tough can a pool be when you're consistently one of Europe's top 4? On paper we get em as tough as anyone, got an easy one this year, got a dog of a pool two years ago!

How tough can a pool be when you're consistently one of Europe's top 4? On paper we get em as tough as anyone, got an easy one this year, got a dog of a pool two years ago!
I'd disagree but equally you are right there wasn't much who'd match Leinster. But would certainly disagree in saying ye haven't had awful pool but due to results and earning too seeds it was earned

That's a horrible pool, but I'm feeling okay about it. I wanted Saracens in the pool stages, as Thomond Park gives us the best chance of getting our revenge on them. And I'd rather that the next time we meet them, it's not in a semi final. That said, we probably could have done without having Racing thrown into the mix too.

It should make for some really exciting games in the pool stages though, so I'm excited for it. Odds are stacked against Munster, but I'd give us a decent chance at qualifying for the quarter finals, albeit as runner-up of the pool.

Wow! Pool 4 is going to be interesting - I still fancy Saracens to top that though. Some great games there for the neutral fans to enjoy.

From a Saints perspective I'm really happy. Leinster aside, we've got a great chance of getting out the pool, and two pleasant away days in France and Italy to look forward to.

Tough pool but I back us to win all our home games and whack Ospreys Aussie soap opera style. Home and away baby. Outside chance we take Racing away after being close last time. Zebos return to Thomond will be interesting. Hugely unlikely we take Sarries away. If you want to be number 1 you've gotta beat number 1 I suppose. Poor Leinster will be bored senseless by the time they reach the quarters.

Some terrific ties. The finals are going to be animal. The standard is very high in CCup. Huge rivalry. Tribalism even.

Saracens and Leinster have set the bar very high. Clermont and Toulouse will have to raise their game to make the last 4. Munster are almost always in the semis. Racing will have to turn the music very very loud ...

A bit of insider Info got me dates for saints game.
So 30 quid flights booked and Hotel by RDS booked.
I believe Aviva is only a short distance away .
Could a local confirm.
Looking forward to first Dublin trip even though I assume will get a spanking.

A bit of insider Info got me dates for saints game.
So 30 quid flights booked and Hotel by RDS booked.
I believe Aviva is only a short distance away .
Could a local confirm.
Looking forward to first Dublin trip even though I assume will get a spanking.

Yeah both are quite close.

Latest posts