• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Henjak is GONE

:lol2tn: yeah 8 hrs wtf???

anyway -

<div class='quotemain'> This latest incident is the only one that warrants any concern really. In this case he seriously compromised the career of another player and that's not on. As for the rest its nothing that the majority of the people on this board haven't done once or twice. It's part of growing up. And unfortunately alot of these players have to do their growing up in the public eye. I can't believe there are people here who call themselves rugby fans and are actually criticising the guy's hair. Have we really sunk to that level? [/b]

now hold on a minute - someone who is not only representing your state, but your country should be an outstanding citizen. people who others look up to cant be going around causing fights, losing their temper or doing stupid things. especailly violence. who are you? mr ropati or someone? one thing that really gets me is when celebraties get off lightly. they should be procecuted to the full extent of the law. its not hard to be a good citizen and as role models they should be. sure us mere mortals can afford to get up to no good, but we arnt at such a high status as these people are. i belive that not even a hawkes bay prop who blindsides another player should be sticking around. its not an accident, if you punch someone you clearly havent slipped.

good bye henjak - youve blowen it. he was given a 2nd chance when he came from south africa and he did not feel the full concequences of a new carrer.
[/b][/quote]

I think it's ridiculous that we should hold footballers to a higher standard than we do everyone else. No they shouldn't get off lightly and should be punished according to the law. That's not really the issue here. The issue is expecting all footballers to be "outstanding citiziens." These are ordinary people pulled from all walks of life who just happen to be good at playing a particular game. Their skills at football don't somehow grant them pristine social conduct and its ridiculous to expect them to. Footballers should act as examples of how to play football well and that's it. If you want role models for life look elsewhere.

i dissagree. i belive if you are in the public eye, you should act professionally. maybie its because im in the hospitality buisness and have to act professionally all the time, but unfortunatly for henjak, he has to when hes not on the feild. the moment you get a super rugby contract, you are a professional rugby player, and should act professionally. thats why a hawkes bay prop can give another player a haymaker and get off with a carrer still intact. where as when you have a contract which has clauses in it where they must act in a professional manner in public they deserve to have there contract terminated.

Well maybe we should adjust where the public eye is focused. I agree that Henjak's punching of Sare deserved a contract termination but only because it jeopardised (sic?) the career of another player. The hospitality industry is built on correct social conduct. The basis of any job in that industry is conducting yourself correcty. It's part of the job description. At the end of the day, the only job description for a pro footballer is to play whatever football code they play really well. I'm not really concerned with contracts, etc. because that's a legal matter. What I'm discussing is the moral/social implications and the many rapid condemnations that have been thrown this poor guy's way recently.

Timeline:

Henjak's greatest hits:

* 2007 - Broke teammate Haig Sare's jaw in a barroom altercation

* 2005 - Punched and bit lower league player Michael Girvan at Owen Finegan's farewell party

* 2005 - Becomes the first Aussie to be sent home on tour in 40 years, after he "threw ice at a group of students" in a Cape Town nightclub.

* 2004 - Allegedly assaulted a Cape Town man, costing the Force AU$15000 in a settlement. [/b]

You left out that Henjack broke former Force CEO Peter O'meara's sons nose late last year.

Henjack wont be missed. He has been the subject of ridicule for most Force fans since its inception. Playing games at Members Equity was great in that we used to feed it to him and he could hear it all.

You left out that Henjack broke former Force CEO Peter O'meara's sons nose late last year.

Henjack wont be missed. He has been the subject of ridicule for most Force fans since its inception. Playing games at Members Equity was great in that we used to feed it to him and he could hear it all.
[/b]
I remember the first season always cheering when he went off and O'Young came on, he thought we were cheering his effort :p

EVERYBODY in Canberra knows he's a ********.

The guy has small man syndrome. He's an arrogant little **** who doesn't even need a couple of drinks to get hostile.

I wasn't surprised when I read the news.

EVERYBODY in Canberra knows he's a ********.

The guy has small man syndrome. He's an arrogant little **** who doesn't even need a couple of drinks to get hostile.
[/b]
Yeah, from my various sources I heard it wasn't exactly the binge drinking session the media is putting forward...but I suppose RugbyWA prefer to blame the booze rather then the fact Henners and Sare are just douche bags....

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
I remember the first season always cheering when he went off and O'Young came on, he thought we were cheering his effort :p [/b][/quote]

Ha ha ha!! classic. i remember him playing a couple games for palmyra and we were all still taking the **** out of him. The guy mustve known we all thought he was a squeezer.

Henjak should be jailed!

Not only for being a down right ****** (who the bloody hell smacks a team mate?) and a utter disgrace to us Australians, but more importantly, he should be jailed for his appalling hairstyle!

The problem with Henjak was he was proclaimed as the next Gregan as such. Whether or not this went to his head or that he couldn't deal with that pressure. Whether or not he has great skills. Rugby is a team sport. And breaking your teammates jaw is completely unacceptable. Henjak got what he deserved. Has noone to blame, but himself.

Oh well the force are actully playing pretty good without him, which is suprising cos i thought he was one of their best.

Latest posts