• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Henson Sacked

I was just about to post that tweet by Laulala, Prosser. Interesting isn't it. Looks like they were just looking to get rid of him.

... I think the best thing for the Blues would be to fold.

I was just about to post that tweet by Laulala, Prosser. Interesting isn't it. Looks like they were just looking to get rid of him.

get a new coach yes, but don't over react

Surely when your best players are tweeting such the people in high places need to get involved remove the coaches I dont care how cheap they are to employ, get someone who will instill discipline into the squad and make the club what its meant to be a professional region at the moment they are running the club into the ground and if it keeps up they wont have to worry about capping wages they wont have a club.

He should have gone to the Sharks back in 2010 when Plum mentioned he'd take him.
Even if B+B wanted him gone, he shouldn't have been so stupid to give them a reason.

I feel that Gavin will be a footnote in Welsh rugby history, just a slight mention, in between greats such as Shane and Nugget.

In Wales and England i could see him at London Irish, Bath, Sale, Exeter, Worcester, Northampton? (could use a 12), Bath or Dragons

Connacht would be a decent club for him although he wouldn't like the sports ground or the constant insulting from Galway men.

I know they can't exactly be picky but would the door really be open? He'd be very expensive and they've recently signed Parks, McSharry has been really good and is much younger and Gavin Duffy is one of their main players. Yes he could be a bench option but would he want to go to Galway to sit on the bench? Also think E;wood wouldn't tolerate any ****.

Just heard that Pontypridd have signed him for the remainder of the season

Just heard that Pontypridd have signed him for the remainder of the season

Ahaha that is a joke going on twitter that Ponty put out via their twitter account for April Fool's yesterday :lol:

Here it is:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Pontypridd RFC are delighted to announce the signing of Wales back Gavin Henson for the remainder of the 2011/12 season.</p>&mdash; Pontypridd RFC (@PontypriddRFC) <a href="https://twitter.com/PontypriddRFC/status/186345943715676161" data-datetime="2012-04-01T06:55:09+00:00">April 1, 2012</a></blockquote>
<script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I know they can't exactly be picky but would the door really be open? He'd be very expensive and they've recently signed Parks, McSharry has been really good and is much younger and Gavin Duffy is one of their main players. Yes he could be a bench option but would he want to go to Galway to sit on the bench? Also think E;wood wouldn't tolerate any ****.
****ing hell.

That's a pretty damning reaction from Laulala towards the Blues management. Whilst Henson is far too old to be getting into trouble like this in public, I can understand his frustrations. He's been given next to no opportunities at the Blues, only really being played when the Blues were desperate at fullback, or Hewitt and Evans were injured at centre. The fact that he was used as a wing replacement despite Sweeney's inept performance on the weekend must have driven him over the edge.

This was obviously an excuse to sack Henson, and the double standards at the club is plain to see. The Blues region is rotten from the top down, and it's plain to see that the players don't want to be there. They don't want to play for these two buffoons who have been handed the top job. I feel sorry for the Likes of Roberts, Halfpenny and Warburton who have to return to this mess after experiencing how things should be run under Warren Gatland. Jenkins is jumping ship, he made the correct choice. Rush must be regretting his decision to stick with the Blues instead of going to Ulster.

What a shambles, both the Blues and Henson.

Edit. If the chance arises, I think the Dragons would be nuts not to sign Henson. Yes he comes with baggage, but that just brings the price down. If he's cheap enough, there's a good chance you can gain an extremely good player, just a matter of getting him playing and hoping he settles into the squad and is happy. That's a risk worth taking for plenty of clubs imo.

Last edited:
Don't forget Kyle Tonetti as well - he plays the same positions as Henson (a 12, who also plays 13/10/15/14 as required)

It all one because I can see Leinter putting 50+ points on Cardiff weekend ant their season will be dusted then

Latest posts