• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Henson Sacked

Unless he gets an offer from Dragons, I can't see Henson staying in Wales...

Wasps anyone? They need all the injury cover they can get for the next 2 games at least.

Wasps need Henson about as much as TRF needs 12 year old Leinster supporting Lawyers from London.

Well it was what everyone expected. Does seem that the Blues have used this as an excuse to get rid of him, shame really. Can't see anyone in Britain taking him on. Dragons will have players coming through in his position/s, and they'll show more desire and heart to succeed. Best thing for him would be to leave Northern Hemisphere surely?? Japan league anyone?? Seen some people suggesting Rugby League on Twitter??? I'm sure there would be many a player jumping at the chance to run Elbow first into him :p

If this is the end, It has been a certain up and down affair. R.I.P The Orange One!!!

I actually could see him back at the O's! I have a feeling it would work.

Have a look at these tweets by some Ospreys players. It's obvious they still respect him. C'mon Tandy lets make it happen!

Ryan P Jones ‏ @RyanJonesOnline
No idea whats happened but wish the Henson headlines were about his rugby, at his best probably the most gifted player I've played with!

Cai Griffiths ‏ @CaiGriffiths
I bet you this Henson thing will get bigger than @DylanHartley biting incident and @Calumclark89 breaking someone's elbow. #PressFieldDay

What a f*****g idiot Henson is. The last 3 years of this once talented player has been full of shite reality tv shows, the screwing of any club willing to give him a chance and the constant one more international chance which he has also screwed up.

I am done with this pillock, I don't want him anywhere near a regional team let alone the national side as he has shown he has no regard for either team. Go away to the history book entitled "Sportsmen who became knobheads". Gazza is chapter 1.

Speaks volumes about the club that they get rid of players like Andy Powell for "losing his way" and Henson. While keeping Sweeney and Tom James who have been arrested for suspicion of assault...
Presumption of innocence much?

Sweeney and James were involved in a scrap but because it was not Gavin Henson no real deal was made about it.

I agree with Cai Griffiths tweet on this. This story will get more attention that what Hartley and Clark did.

Wasps need Henson about as much as TRF needs 12 year old Leinster supporting Lawyers from London.
Considering Flutey's leaving and Waldouck is made of wafer-thin-glass it leaves them short at 12, so signing a player with the experience Henson has would be a smart move.

He'd also fit in with how injury prone the rest of their squad is.

Considering Flutey's leaving and Waldouck is made of wafer-thin-glass it leaves them short at 12, so signing a player with the experience Henson has would be a smart move.

Also he's Welsh and an ex-Blues player.

They're desperate for any bit of moral they can muster and have an unhealthy ability to attract media attention, be it for good or bad reasons.

The last thing they need is an over-hyped show-pony with more media blemishes then Britney Spears at a Charlie Sheen Crack Party sucking the life out of them.

That and Wasps are broke so couldn't afford he no-doubt ridiculously high wage demands.

Fair point - I can't imagine he'd be able to demand much in the way of high wages atm, though.
If he wants to continue playing it'd be a case of playing for whoever would have him.

Probably demanding but not commanding. If anyone else had repeatedly embarrassed their boss on public transport while acting as ambassador for the club, I suspect they wouldn't get so many chances (remember when he though showing the lady on the Great Western his John Thomas was a good idea).

Last edited:
Probably demanding but not commanding. If anyone else had repeatedly embarrassed their boss on public transport while acting as ambassador for the club, I suspect they wouldn't get so many chances (remember when he though showing the lady on the Great Western his John Thomas was a good idea).
Oh, the horror!
pics-image-6-283641401.jpg

Warburton defends Blues over Henson

22997.2.jpg

Sam Warburton
has spoken out about his disappointment at seeing Gavin Henson depart from the Blues but has emphasised that the incident shows rugby players of the price they will pay if they step out of line.

Henson was sacked by the Blues on Monday after another off-field incident with his apology seemingly not enough to save his career in Cardiff. With his future now uncertain, Wales skipper Warburton has spoken of the player's quality while also highlighting the need to promote a good off-field profile while turning in performances on the field.

"Players may laugh when someone calls them a role model, but that is what they are," Warburton toldWales Online. "Because most players are grounded, and don't get ahead of themselves, some still think that they can behave as their friends might down the local pub.

"But you can't. I don't think it's a case of players being arrogant when they misbehave, it's more a case that they actually forget that they are under the microscope. The small sacrifices like behaving yourself on a night out, or wherever you may be, is really a very small sacrifice.

"For me, winning a Grand Slam, something hardly anyone will experience, is priceless compared to having to sacrifice a bit of alcohol once in a blue moon. So I just think, why bother? Gavin has now left the Blues, and the Blues could still potentially win the Heineken Cup.

"It might not be a massive chance, but it is a chance all the same - and now he could miss out on that because of misbehaviour. You have to take a step back and realise what opportunities you have as a rugby player and not let them slip from your grasp because of stepping out of line."

But while Warburton is in agreement with the Blues over their decision to oust Henson, he has also lauded the player's qualities. Warburton said: "I am only 23, and still inexperienced, but when he has the ball he is just such a classy player, an incredible talent. So it is disappointing to see him go, and I'm not sure what will happen with him now.

"He seemed to be just getting things back on track. He had settled in really well at the Blues, he got on well with everyone and all the players liked him. That was never an issue. But you can't blame the Blues because they have warned us before that any misbehaviour and there would be serious consequences.

"They have backed that up with the decision on Gavin and so now everybody knows now that they can't step out of line. I've never spoken to him about any further than this season, he always seemed pretty focused on getting back to playing rugby with the Blues.

"It's anybody's guess what will happen now. I hope from a rugby perspective that he does get playing again."

TRF MOD: Please put the link in to the article, otherwise the forum will get into trouble.

http://www.espnscrum.com/wales/rugby/story/162357.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Warburton has such a good head on young shoulders, although I have one issue with his statement:

Gavin has now left the Blues, and the Blues could still potentially win the Heineken Cup.
Sam there was no need for this quote!

Sam has to follow the party line.
You really can't expect him to say: Yep, our managers are awful and shot themselves in the foot. By the way, we are gonna get DICKED!

Latest posts