• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Here is the TRF EXCLUSIVE SCOOP, 22/6/2011!

Having seen this being played, the gameplay is smooth and fluid, it was certainly a thing of beauty, I haven't seen the try scoring scene from RC but I think HB's Engine is superb.

I know people want to compare the games, but please keep to the relevant threads. It's becoming a very difficult task to monitor and moderate these threads to ensure they don't go off topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because children who play vido games are normally dicks. Then they turn into adults who are dicks.

It's the same as console fanboism. Some people will genuinely not like a console for what is a legitimate reason - E.G. Not liking Xbox because they already have the PS3 version of all their games while Xbox exclusives aren't their cuppa, or maybe they don't like the controllers etc. Perfectly reasonable.

The fanboi equivalents would hate on hate on the Xbox in the same scenario because they think it's big and tough to do so.

True, but we were talking about the motivation for the major unions to make their licenses exclusive to either game.

Fair enough. I was scan reading picking up on the us vs them posts.

What did they hope to achieve by giving HES/Sidhe the exlusive rights? They've basically ensured that the host nation
will not be included on the world cups official game. Not to mention the Wallabies.

Its not like HES pulled an EA sports and offered the relevant unions a billion dollars or something right?

If RWC has an editor even half as good as Sidhes looks then these problems will fade.

Back on topic............awsome screenshot is awsome.

Harks back to the days when car manufacturers wouldn't allow licenses to developers if racing games had damage models. Belierant short sightedness.

Where has HB said any of the teams are exclusive to this game? Only the WC and Webb Ellis cup is exclusive. The 6/tri nations could still be implemented too along with the 10 nations like HB normally do. We also still don't know where HB stand with regards to NZ and AUS, the RFU might have overall rights of all licencing. This may mean they can only play in WC kits, or maybe play un licenced during any game mode outside the WC.

I just can't see the 'official exclusive world cup game' not being allowed to use the NZ stadiums because SIDHE and HES got there first.

I've received an e-mail from SARU that says NZ and Aus teams will have fictional players.

One thing to note about the IRB and the RWC is that they are very particular over the sponsorship, if they are not part of the official RWC partners they won't be mentioned in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Graphics don't look as good as everyone is saying; just have a look at Frans Steyn's hair....and where is Pierre Spies' armgaurd? Reminds me of 08' again. Also nice to see Fourie Du Preez has the legs to play at hooker...c'mon, should not be too difficult to give guys the legs they suppose to have.

Rugby 08'
rugby08_00.jpg

Last edited:
He must've been talking to Austin Healey:p I assume from the past two sets of screenshots they've got exclusive rights to the french team? Hope they can work something out for the ABs and Aussies, the official rugby world cup game is going to be a bit odd if we have Din Corter, richee mcgroo and Stoney Eelsom. I've got it preordered so roll on the 26th august:D

Graphics don't look as good as everyone is saying; just have a look at Frans Steyn's hair....and where is Pierre Spies' armgaurd? Reminds me of 08' again. Also nice to see Fourie Du Preez has the legs to play at hooker...c'mon, should not be too difficult to give guys the legs they suppose to have.

Rugby 08'
rugby08_00.jpg

It certainly looks better than that sunshine.

Yeah, this game will suck, Pierre Spies doesn't have an armguard. :)

remember guys, just like the England screenshot, they probably haven't finished the minor details yet. But DAYUUM those screenshots are good!

Who's to say that's Pierre Spies?
Maybe it's Ryan Kankowski, he did start the last Springbok match (against Barbarians) :p

Ryan Kankowski is like 4-5th choice 8th man at the moment. 1-Spies 2-Alberts 3-Danie Rossouw 4-Duanne Vermeulen then only 5-Kanko.

It certainly looks better than that sunshine.

The screenshots we have now just look like 08'; but in HD; would think that 4 years and moving to 360 and ps3 the Graphics would be a bit better.

Last edited by a moderator:
The screenshots we have now just look like 08'; but in HD; would think that 4 years and moving to 360 and ps3 the Graphics would be a bit better.

Wow ... unreal

Seems that France is very good in RWC2011. They seem to have all the teams tied up on their own goal lines...<_<

Come on guys!!!! If those graphics looks like rugby 08, then i am rosie o"donnal......lets get serious guys....

Get real, those are propper next gen footage of a rugby game we all naggend for!!

Go have a look at FIFA 10 and honistly tell me the graphics on rugby sucks.......its the same...

Frans steyn's hair, fourie's legs, too tight shorts....GIVE HB A BREAK!!!! Could anyone tell me that the screenshots we recieved first didint improve like 700%?

Then go cry on a different forum, these guys are working their socks of to give us a rugby game.....we all gonna play it none the less...

Some people will never be happy I suppose. This is a niche market. HB went ahead with this game by themselves, on a modest budget, and based on the evidence so far, I think they're doing a great job.

I seem to remember when HB first announced that they were making a new rugby game, many were saying that they'd take rugby 08 more or less with updated rosters and now they're seems to be a lot of nit-picking of boots and accessories which are by far the least important aspect of a rugby game!

Latest posts