• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

He's back

I thought this was gonna be about Paul O'Connell :p :D

PaulOConnell1_MunstervCardiffIR.jpg

Noppe, sorry for the ***le.
But it has been a while since I read a PdV article.

O'Connell is about to get a kick in the nads in that picture....

South Africa do not have as good a chance as NZ to win the world cup, no one does...

Would be foolish to write off a team as good as South Africa 12 months out from the RWC. PdV is right, but any of the top 8 teams can win if they get a favourable draw. NZ heavy favourites all the same and rightfully so.

Noppe, sorry for the ***le.
But it has been a while since I read a PdV article.

Don't worry, just any excuse to post that picture lol. Bullitt, part of the reason we are so happy to have him back is we have been listening to that kind of stuff for the last 9 months :p

O'Connell is about to get a kick in the nads in that picture....

South Africa do not have as good a chance as NZ to win the world cup, no one does...

I remember being in NZ 2 months before the RWC 2007 started and everybody was already celebrating the final.
There are no guarantees in sport. In a worst scenario case McCaw and DC get injured during the S15 and then you need to find the wright replacements. Anyway looking forward to the RWC.

I don't get it..?

He says we have a good chance of winning the WC. We do. You're a fool if you judge the Springbok team by this autumn tour where we were without half our top players, including our best. I know our coach doesn't inspire anything resembling respect or fear but the team is still a very talented and experienced one (or at least, should be by then, injury etc permitting) and although it seems they are going to persist with the fool's 'gameplan', they can beat any team in a one-off.

Edit: Not saying we're favourites but certainly in it with a shout and if anyone will upset NZ in NZ it is us.

stormer.

That's basically what everyone has been saying.

historically though, SA are -much- more likely to be the team to beat the ABs in NZ, we just win in NZ more than most teams, not a lot, but more than most. I'm still not very confident about the RWC though, have this odd feeling we might be in for a big disappointment.

stormer.

That's basically what everyone has been saying.

historically though, SA are -much- more likely to be the team to beat the ABs in NZ, we just win in NZ more than most teams, not a lot, but more than most. I'm still not very confident about the RWC though, have this odd feeling we might be in for a big disappointment.

Don't be so down, there is still a lot of rugby to be played before the tournament and a lot of players still to come back. If we can hit form as a team we will do it.

Don't be so down, there is still a lot of rugby to be played before the tournament and a lot of players still to come back. If we can hit form as a team we will do it.

Not if NZ got all their injured players back too...

Not if NZ got all their injured players back too...

I think you might be in for a long wait to England 2015. I'm telling you now it's going to be SA vs Aus in the final...

It's a long way off still, I know but just don't get your hopes up too high, is all I'm saying.

I wouldn't get too cocky being a AB fan given the history, although you would assume a quality backline would be needed to win in 2011 unlike 2007 and I can't see SA developing sufficiently either with player quality or tactics in that field. No guarantees though, who knows maybe forward domination, kicking perfection from Steyn and Du Preez precision box kicks might be enough under pressure coupled with an offgame from Carter, for Rugbys sake it would be a shame, but I wouldn't write them off.

When is Du Preez expected back? Seems like he's been out forever

No idea. Anyone with an ear in the Bulls camp?

I know Brussow is fit and practising and Bekker has at least started running again. Those were the only long term injuries to top players off the top of my mind..

No idea. Anyone with an ear in the Bulls camp?

I know Brussow is fit and practising and Bekker has at least started running again. Those were the only long term injuries to top players off the top of my mind..

There was a hint from the Bulls staff at the start of the CC that du Preez might have been fit in time for the NH tour, so he can't be that far off from training

Paul ***o always been an ugly mofo losing the hair would be a tragedy