• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Hooker tips

Z

zebediah

I've been playing rugby for almost 3 years now. Almost exclusively at hooker (some wing forward and loose head too)

I was just wondering if you guys know any tricks (for hookers) to make life easier. I play a very square game, so just as long as it is within the rules or just "bending" them I am cool with it.

I just know that my biggest problem are line outs when the ball gets really sloppy due to rain and mud.
Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grow some stubble and keep it short and spiky, then continually rub it in the opposition's face in a scrum. :)

*Must not make prossie joke*

Get a coach or linesman to have a towel on standby, failing that you can get some glove similar to the QB in NFL.

Or a short skirt

*DAMMIT*

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Haysie @ Mar 21 2010, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Grow some stubble and keep it short and spiky, then continually rub it in the opposition's face in a scrum. :)[/b]

yep pit vicks vapo rub on your face or deep heat cream and it will get into the irritated skin in the scrum

Latest posts