• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

How do you choose the team that you support?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Sep 16 2008, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well, I support South Africa, obviously, as i was born here, and have lived here my entire life. But in club it gets a little interesting.

It might seem strange, but even in the Super 14 i support South Africa as a whole. If i had to choose a South African team to win the tournament, i would choose the Stormers, because i like the way they play. But, say for instance the Stormers are already out of the tournament and only have a game left against the Sharks, who could still make it. I would support the sharks. So yeah, i support all our teams in that competition.

In the Currie cup, i support Western Province. But again, i am not as big a currie cup fan as i am a Super 14 fan, simply because i love it when international competition is involved. Derby's between Johannesburg and Pretoria don't really grab me that much. So yeah, thats my take.

My second International team is England, because my father is British, and thus half my family live over there. In Soccer (football) England are actually my first team, and i would support them over South Africa because quite frankly, our soccer team is filled with a bunch of useless township specials, who absolutely suck ass.[/b]

I know French people who won't support the French football team cos they're all racaille...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Sep 16 2008, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'd like to live in each city of Oceania

What about you? which city you recommend?[/b]

I travelled around the entire north island of NZ and visited Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne.

NZ: I prefer Auckland, tauranga and Rotorua
AUs: Melbourne

But this is just my pref.

I whish you all the luck finding an internship there and realising your dream, it did the same and it was awesome.
If you're planning to go for a while, try to be single when you leave, otheerwise your misses will start nagging :D

Supporter of: Manu Samoa, because my wife comes from there and i like their style rugby of rugby. I have been to a couple of games in Samoa, and also a Pacific Islanders game in Cardiff. Leicester Tigers, because of the Tuilagi brothers. They have a little dynasty/cloning laboratory at Welford Rd. I also like Upolu Samoa as a team.

Fan of: Harlequins, Fiji, Tonga and Italy.. because i like pacific islands rugby and i always root for Italy to beat the home nations in 6 Nations, just for the competition. Harlequins, because geographically they are my nearest team.

I don't tend to follow England in any sport. Purely because i resent the fact that our national media will heap praise on them one minute and then kick them in the nuts, the next. I tend to always support the underdog in any game that is not the mighty Manu Samoa. They come first.

International teams:The Springboks obviously ;) ,can still remember being 7 years old and seeing them winning the World Cup here in SA :champion: .My second International team is Argentina,I just love the way they play...Also support New Zealand now and again if they are not playing against us...

I'm a BIG Stormers supporter when it comes to the Super14,my second favourite Super14 team is The Sharks who is also my second favourite team in the ABSA Currie Cup with ofcourse Western Province being my no.1 team!

When it comes to European teams,Sale Sharks because I was a big Jason Robinson fan,Stade Francais and Toulouse because they are the best French teams with all the big-name players :p .

Also a few other European teams i Like are Munster,the Ospreys and Leinster

Springboks Internationally obvisouly.
No second team, although I have a huge respect for the ABs and a massive hate for the Wallabies.

Stormers / WP nationally, I was born and raised in Gauteng, but basically my entire family are WP supporters, and I'm damned glad they are too, I could have been one of those loudmouth arrogant bull supporters (I keed of course, all of my friends are bulls supporters and they're some of the nicest people on earth).

second team would be Sharks.
I see a trend here, allmost all WP supporters have Natal as their second team, maybe it's because they're the only other coastal team (apart from EP, but who really counts them anymore ?).

I know why I like them though, Stevo already mentioned it, during the nineties they were absolutely astonishing, I grew up watching them and completely fell in love with their game.

Griquas comes in as my darling team, dammit they're just so good for a province / team that has absolutely -nothing- to work with.

I couldn't really care less about other provincial teams, especially teams from other countries.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Sep 16 2008, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I know French people who won't support the French football team cos they're all racaille...[/b]

Nah, if we play, i will support them. The best international i ever saw was between us and Spain in the 2002 world cup. Broke my heart when we lost. It just astonishes me how we can be so crap at that seeing as we are among the best in other sports. There are 10 times more soccer players here than rugby players, yet, ironically, we suck at soccer, but not at rugby. It's just too frustrating to watch them play. Anyway, is football not France's national sport? I heard somewhere else it's a north vs south thing...

Biarritz Olympique

Reason: My wife is from the southwest of France. I love the region and the people there.

USA Eagles

Reason: I was born and raised in southern Chicago, Illinois, USA.

Les Bleus

Reason: I just enjoy French rugby more then any other country. Oh yeah, and my wife. lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Sep 17 2008, 05:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Sep 16 2008, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know French people who won't support the French football team cos they're all racaille...[/b]

Nah, if we play, i will support them. The best international i ever saw was between us and Spain in the 2002 world cup. Broke my heart when we lost. It just astonishes me how we can be so crap at that seeing as we are among the best in other sports. There are 10 times more soccer players here than rugby players, yet, ironically, we suck at soccer, but not at rugby. It's just too frustrating to watch them play. Anyway, is football not France's national sport? I heard somewhere else it's a north vs south thing...
[/b][/quote]

Football competition is higher. Its our national sport and we suck dick at it. Not many people play rugby or cricket yet we're comparatively good at them...

French rugby is generally storng in the South. Football its just the cities, its very much like England, a working class sport, which is why so many immigrants play for the team. The majority of the French national team is black/ berber, and the England squad is usually at least 50% black or mixed race. The rugby team reflects the population a bit more... like 2/15... but still no indians....

I was born and raised in Canberra, Australia so my teams are the Brumbies, and the Wallabies...

My ancestors were from Ireland and Scotland and I will generally support those teams against other countries (in that order)... but I also love Argentina and the way they play, and probably cheered them on as much as I did the Wallabies in the world cup...

The two NH teams I support are Munster and Stade de Francais (due to their large Argentina contingent)...

I was born, raised and have lived my entire life in Christchurch. So obviously the All Blacks, Crusaders and Canterbury (NZ Cup) are my 3 teams.

My mum is from Dunedin though so I have massive love for good old Otago. That's it as far as NZ goes.

Ancestors are Scots, so Scotland would be my 2nd team when I'm not supporting the AB's.

In terms of overseas clubs.... meh, couldn't give a rats ass to be honest. Though, I have taken a liking to Harlequins over the years. Any other suggestions as far as teams up North goes? I was thinking Saracens but after all the abuse poor old Prestwick gets I'm not so sure now.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Sep 17 2008, 05:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Sep 16 2008, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

To be honest though football is the biggest sport on earth, you need quality over quantity in the players whereas only 10 or so nations take rugby as one of their leading sports.

I support Scotland as its where ive lived all my life. I dont really support either of the pro sides though, maybe Glasgow slightly more. My second side is really the Stormers, i went to South Africa in 2006 and saw them play the Highlanders and got hooker ever since. Newlands is such a wonderful atmospheric stadium. I support South Africa to, but not vigoriously. I dont particularily like another other national side, the AB's are beautiful to watch.

A little reflection, like I mentioned in some previous E-mails I like rugby in General.
I can support any national team but when it comes to the S14, I really stick to my fav 2.

Auckland and the Highlanders are still ok, altho since Hayman left, Evans ?

There are not that many players that can convience me.

Georgian National Rugby Team

610x.jpg

All Blacks (for Umaga)

All%20Blacks%202007%20Tribute.jpg

Ireland (for O Driscoll)

_44118961_bod416.jpg

RSA (for Habana)

habanaR1810_468x328.jpg

England (for Wilki)

jonnywilkinon.jpg

Wales (for Williams)

shanewilliams1.jpg

Hi Lekso,

Could you tell us a little bit more about the Georgian league.
Which teams to watch out for, which players ( that not play abroad) that fire up your national team, as the only games I saw where those at the WRC, but you speak with such big heart about them, so you make me curious :D

And as google provides us with so much information we need to be critical ;)

Cheers bro

Cheers amobokobokoboko
cheers.jpg

Well to be honest Georgian league is not as high level as I want it to be

Financial problems trapped our teams deep but newly started "Project of Development of Georgian Rugby" along with IRB and Georgian government promises more.

Despite, Georgian teams have a history we take pride of....

For example City Kutaisi team called "Aia" was 6times champion of USSR and Two Times USSR Cup holder

Here you got their Logo
aia2.gif

Tbilisi teams are as follows:

Lelos
lelo.gif
visit www.lelorugby.ge

Kochebi
kochebi.jpg

Tbilisi State University team

Tbilisi Rugby Academy

Xuligana

Lokomotiv Tbilisi

And etc. these teams feed Georgian national rugby team, but tight connections with France Top 14 gives boys opportunity to move to high class league and raise their level.

So everything this contributes to one picture: Georgian legionnaires play abroad and strengthen national team force, while inside country Club Rugby is making the first steps

Also FIRA AER managed to open European doors for our local clubs, hence more income and more qualification

Please visit www.rugby.ge in English(right top of the monitor you will find ENG click) and this may help you about deriving information about Mysterious Georgians :cheers:

Thanks Bro for interest

Cheers

I wouldnt mind seeing Georgia in the 6 nations, they have some of the biggest props and players in general in the NH. That try against Namibia sticks in my mind when the centre/flanker, not sure who it was hammered the Namibian winger got up scooped up the ball and ran in under the posts. Amazing power. Romania are the other side that would be a good add to the 6 nations.

Hi Incredible Schalk

Well it is a logical question I think: Why you wouldn't mind to see Georgia in RBS 6Nations?

And that guy you don't remember against Namibia scoring that powerful try was Irakli Machkhanlei

Hit
610x.jpg

Run
_44140610_georgiagall.jpg

Cross Line
610x.jpg

Scoring
610x.jpg

Love Georgia
610x.jpg

Celebration
610x.jpg

That's it 30:0

Yeah I'd like to see Romania get more top class games. I was very impressed with their forwards during the WC, they worked well as a unit and just looked refined.
But their backs, meh..

You dont want to see Georgia in RWCs and RBS Six Nations?????? :( :( :(

Bad!!!!!!!! :ranting: :ranting:

bad-news.jpg

And why?

Latest posts