• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

How many more false dawns for Scotland?

If you say Scotland became worst when Cotter joined then you are drinking too much. We lost all our games, fair enough but that doesn't make us worst. When was the last time Scotland scored a try in every six nations match this year ?. The only think which is really concerning for Scotland atm is the lack off consistency through out the game and Vern Cotter than fix that but it will take time. See when he started at Clermont ?, im sure they were a mid table team when he joined and they are now one off the best in France. Be patient he will make Scotland a dangerous team to play against.

Sack Cotter? HA! Replace him with who? Scott Johnson again? There is a reason Scotland aren't performing and it is not the coach. You had Andy Robinson and were poor, you had Scott Johnson and were poor, you have Vern Cotter and look threatening but ultimately still get bulldozed when the game is serious. It's the players that are the problem. Steve Hanson himself couldn't win the 6N with Scotland.

Maybe it's not the coach's fault. Maybe as a unit Scotalnd's current 23 isn't up to international standard and major reforms are needed at the grassroots.

Easier to blame the coach though.

Yet another six nations and yet another wooden spoon for Scotland. No matter how good the parts are, and there are some very good players in that squad, they do not seem to be able to play to plan or as a team for 80 minutes.

I don't follow any of their clubs closely but find it odd that no matter who is the head coach, it is the same old thing every time. One glorious defeat after another. The universal Celtic hatred of the English seems to be the only thing that spurs them on, but that is only one game a year.

Are there players who those with a better knowledge than I believe should be included? Kelly Brown seemed to go from being captain one week to water boy the next. He then turns up fit and playing at Saracens.

What, if anything, is the answer? Please remember that there are fewer people in New Zealand than Scotland before population numbers is raised as an excuse.

Sack Cotter? HA! Replace him with who? Scott Johnson again? There is a reason Scotland aren't performing and it is not the coach. You had Andy Robinson and were poor, you had Scott Johnson and were poor, you have Vern Cotter and look threatening but ultimately still get bulldozed when the game is serious. It's the players that are the problem. Steve Hanson himself couldn't win the 6N with Scotland.

I would say Nick Mallett or Wayne Smith and get HIS assistants in place PLUS get rid of current director of rugby AND drop every single player that played 6N this year and play under 20s!

I think as long as Vern Cotter stay's then it will get better for us. But Glasgow are playing very well while as Edinburgh had a slow start into the season but are getting better now.

Look, VC as well as every coach knows its a results based job so he HAS to start winning but imo should be sacked immediately!

I would say Nick Mallett or Wayne Smith and get HIS assistants in place PLUS get rid of current director of rugby AND drop every single player that played 6N this year and play under 20s!
I really don't want Nick Mallett if he is going to select an openside flanker at scrum half. Even if we get Gregor Townsend back as assistant coach and sack Scott Johnston completely out off the SRU then things are going to get better.

Is this a wind up? Are you real?

No!

They don't deserve to be wearing that jersey, they are so poor that even Canada could beat them!

All the "hope" and "optimism" after November yet as per usual, that hope and optimism was misplaced!

I am getting sick fed up of all these thumpings and then talk of progress.

What progress!?

Look, VC as well as every coach knows its a results based job so he HAS to start winning but imo should be sacked immediately!

True, however, unless your privy to what the targets (KPI's) are in his contract, or how long he's been given to achieve them, how can you be sure he's not achieving them. I'm sure when he was appointed, the SRU would have set realistic goals and a realistic time frame to achieve these goals, given the state Scottish Rugby was in when he took over.

As an outsider looking in, the problems seem more to do with quality player depth, and possibly player development and retention - these are the areas that need the overhaul (assuming it hasn't happened yet, and not enough time has passed for it to impact on the national side).

Like others have said, a little patience is needed.

If you did sack VC, I'm pretty sure he'd get a gig back in NZ (if he wanted one) ... I'm sure the Blues would love to have him as the head coach for their super rugby franchise.

I think as long as Vern Cotter stay's then it will get better for us. But Glasgow are playing very well while as Edinburgh had a slow start into the season but are getting better now.

Yep, Scotland is ready to spring the ambush at the RWC :) ... A good showing at the RWC, and everyone will forget about their poor showing in the 6N

Sorry but I DISAGREE regarding VC, his results so far are WORSE than Matt Williams!

I also wish people would stop with this "progress has been made" pish because I see no PROGRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not one player that played 6N deserve credit so change IS needed be it coach, assistants or players dropped.

I for one am glad of the residency and grandparent rule now because it gives Strauss and Nel a chance in place of pish.

If I had been at any of the games then they'd have got BOOED off after everyone bar France, in fact I booed them off in last 3 in my house and felt great to boo them because its deserved!

All this "brave, valliant losers" pish just isn't washing with me anymore and I am seriously considering BOYCOTTING Scotland games until change is made!!

Sorry but I DISAGREE regarding VC, his results so far are WORSE than Matt Williams!

I also wish people would stop with this "progress has been made" pish because I see no PROGRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not one player that played 6N deserve credit so change IS needed be it coach, assistants or players dropped.

I for one am glad of the residency and grandparent rule now because it gives Strauss and Nel a chance in place of pish.

If I had been at any of the games then they'd have got BOOED off after everyone bar France, in fact I booed them off in last 3 in my house and felt great to boo them because its deserved!

All this "brave, valliant losers" pish just isn't washing with me anymore and I am seriously considering BOYCOTTING Scotland games until change is made!!

Hope you didn't strain yourself too much leaning forward in your armchair mate.

Latest posts