• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

How many more false dawns for Scotland?

Sorry but I DISAGREE regarding VC, his results so far are WORSE than Matt Williams!

I also wish people would stop with this "progress has been made" pish because I see no PROGRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not one player that played 6N deserve credit so change IS needed be it coach, assistants or players dropped.

I for one am glad of the residency and grandparent rule now because it gives Strauss and Nel a chance in place of pish.

If I had been at any of the games then they'd have got BOOED off after everyone bar France, in fact I booed them off in last 3 in my house and felt great to boo them because its deserved!

All this "brave, valliant losers" pish just isn't washing with me anymore and I am seriously considering BOYCOTTING Scotland games until change is made!!
The 2 wins against Argentina ?, when Andy Robinson was in charge he didn't beat Argentina in Scotland or at the world cup so there's one step. Scotland couldn't even beat Tonga but when VC came we won by a fine margin. I don't see what you have against him to be honest, he's a good coach.

I mean in tournaments that matter, friendlies mean **** all.

Argentina AND Tonga would be Scotland just now and, I have nothing against him APART from his results.

I have said this before, bottom of table has got previous coaches sacked and rightly so, so why should this boy be any different!?

He knows he's in a results based job as does Gatland, Lancaster and Brunel, Brunel will be under pressure as will Saint-Andre, they ain't as thick as some of you guys!

We should be aiming for at least 3rd EVERY year because a) Glasgow are top of league so the players CAN do it and b) we APPARANTY have a good coach (what a joke!).

Poor Bill McLaren will be turning in his grave!

Us supporters deserve better because we have had to endure pain for over FIFTEEN years!

Tbh, I really hope the newspaper article that I posted about Bordeaux yesterday is TRUE apart from the Townsend bit.

There MUST be better coaches (and I include assistants in this) out there that are worth a shout. In fact, I'd be happy for Johnson, Cuttita, Hodge and Taylor to go and be replaced with Cotter still in charge, ANYTHING to change our fortunes because my patience is wearing very thin, hence the boos!

If Dodson wants to win World Cup then Cotter should do the honourable thing and resign staying "unrealistic targets" as his reason.

Anyway, I dread this world cup but then again, our fortunes are bound to change.

I am just so perplexed as to how Warriors can be TOP yet Scots end BOTTOM!

Somebody PLEASE explain why thats the case.

I really want to be positive but just can't.

Since when has an international rugby test match been a 'friendly' go back to watching football.

I mean in tournaments that matter, friendlies mean **** all.

Argentina AND Tonga would be Scotland just now and, I have nothing against him APART from his results.

I have said this before, bottom of table has got previous coaches sacked and rightly so, so why should this boy be any different!?

He knows he's in a results based job as does Gatland, Lancaster and Brunel, Brunel will be under pressure as will Saint-Andre, they ain't as thick as some of you guys!

We should be aiming for at least 3rd EVERY year because a) Glasgow are top of league so the players CAN do it and b) we APPARANTY have a good coach (what a joke!).

Poor Bill McLaren will be turning in his grave!

Us supporters deserve better because we have had to endure pain for over FIFTEEN years!

Tbh, I really hope the newspaper article that I posted about Bordeaux yesterday is TRUE apart from the Townsend bit.

There MUST be better coaches (and I include assistants in this) out there that are worth a shout. In fact, I'd be happy for Johnson, Cuttita, Hodge and Taylor to go and be replaced with Cotter still in charge, ANYTHING to change our fortunes because my patience is wearing very thin, hence the boos!

If Dodson wants to win World Cup then Cotter should do the honourable thing and resign staying "unrealistic targets" as his reason.

Anyway, I dread this world cup but then again, our fortunes are bound to change.

I am just so perplexed as to how Warriors can be TOP yet Scots end BOTTOM!

Somebody PLEASE explain why thats the case.

I really want to be positive but just can't.
so you rather have Scott Johnston who made us lose games and get barely any points in a game and get smashed by Wales and also decided to arrange a friendy with South Africa away while only been able to select players from two teams.

We are getting so bad that a FIJIAN now being rumoured to be moving from Waratahs to qualify through residency rule!

Source is Edinburgh News from Monday 16 March.

Would be great to see Scotland sack Vern Cotter - we can sign one of the best coaches out there and Scotland lose all semblance of progress.

- - - Updated - - -

Scotland have only two professional teams. An under performing age grade system. A union which financially struggles to compete.

It's all Cotter's fault.

Would be great to see Scotland sack Vern Cotter - we can sign one of the best coaches out there and Scotland lose all semblance of progress.

- - - Updated - - -

Scotland have only two professional teams. An under performing age grade system. A union which financially struggles to compete.

It's all Cotter's fault.
How is it Cotter's fault ?, he's done all he can but previous coach's like Scott Johnston and Andy Robinson and the members off the SRU made it difficult for him, nothing he can really do.

Jeez in one day we seem to have attracted three complete ********s to this forum and the decent regulars are engaging with them!!!

For gawds sake, ignore everything they say and they will get so bored they will crawl back in the holes they came from!!!!!

Hope you didn't strain yourself too much leaning forward in your armchair mate.

Feic you my friend are a ****ing legend for saying this ..... Bravo my friend Bravo !

Was exactly what I was thinking .....

Also not sure why but this forum has been invaded by crazy jocks running around saying all manner of insane things ...... It's like being at Celtic park with the poppy banner !

Jeez in one day we seem to have attracted three complete ********s to this forum and the decent regulars are engaging with them!!!

For gawds sake, ignore everything they say and they will get so bored they will crawl back in the holes they came from!!!!!

3?
Me and what other 2.

How is it Cotter's fault ?, he's done all he can but previous coach's like Scott Johnston and Andy Robinson and the members off the SRU made it difficult for him, nothing he can really do.

I was being facetious..

A more interesting discussion than "sack Cotter" is why can Scotland not compete with Wales and Ireland? Why can they not produce the same amount of talented players as the other Celtic nations?

That's the question they need to ask themselves. Successive coaches have failed.

A more interesting discussion than "sack Cotter" is why can Scotland not compete with Wales and Ireland? Why can they not produce the same amount of talented players as the other Celtic nations?

That's the question they need to ask themselves. Successive coaches have failed.
Scotland can produce player's like the other celtic nations. Look at Stuart Hogg or Finn Russell, Its just there isn't enough off them in Scotland, they need another professional rugby team so more players can be produced and it created more chances which will benefit Scotland.

Why can Glasgow be top yet Scotland end LAST?

It has to be to do with the coach, 1) Cotter isn't even Scottish so won't be hurting as much as us plus this is a stepping stone for bigger job.

It has to be to do with the coach, 1) Cotter isn't even Scottish so won't be hurting as much as us plus this is a stepping stone for bigger job.
Leadership in the team is also a factor too and i'm afraid Laidlaw is certainly not the player to captain Scotland its obvious that we cant win with him in charge your better off with Kelly Brown who i don't think Vern even likes as he never pick him. Kelly is a better leader than him, Atleast with Kelly in the team we can win games.

What a ridiculous statement, how is accepting a mediocre performance/not carrying as much about the results, going to aid anyone to get a bigger job.

No New Zealander involved in top level rugby accepts loses easily, and when they do incur losses, you can bet that they want to do all they can to improve their teams long term prospects.

What a ridiculous statement.

Most if not all of his are!

This Forum was blighted by three idiots yesterday and I am leading a crusade aimed at having them starved of oxygen by their posts being simply ignored!!

Because Glasgow are pretty much Scotland plus a few Fijians. If they didn't come top it'd be embarassing.

The last four Six Nations have been won by sides coached by Kiwis. Only England and France are coached by their own nationality.

Frankly, Scotland are terrible. There is very little to suggest they'll improve in the near future.

Front row is weak, with no depth. Second row, for all the talk of the Gray brothers, is leagues behind England, Ireland, and Wales. Back row, Cowan's okay, but is a way behind Robshaw, Dusautoir, SOB, and Warburton.

Backs are a bit better, but Russell is raw and Hogg seems only good as an individual. Wingers aren't amazing, centres perfunctory, and Laidlaw pedestrian.

That's all before mentioning that there is absolutely no depth to the squad - they're always three injuries away from abysmal. Unsurprising given they basically have one-and-a-half club sides.

Solution? I have no idea. Sacking the most talented coach they've had in years won't be it though.

This Forum was blighted by three idiots yesterday and I am leading a crusade aimed at having them starved of oxygen by their posts being simply ignored!!

Whoops. I'll try not to again. It was just asking for it...

False Dawns?
Stop crying fella, it's deeply unseemly.
Scotland are the big improvers for me, in terms of their structure and back line offence.
They were ambushed by Italy when they had the winning of that game.
They were unfortunate against France where they put on a really entertaining show.
I think with the pool of players they have to choose from they do surprisingly well.

Apparently the Jocks don't like Wayne Barnes either and they obviously felt they would set the record straight after Barnes had done everything in his power to help England the week before by punishing the irish overly harshly against Wales.

Barnes is a muppet, congratulations to Scotland on their righteous course of action.
The best team won the competition.
Again.

Last edited:

Latest posts