• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

How many players do you think the Squad will be...?

my selection would be.

PROPS.
jenkins
sheridan
hayes
jones
marray

HOOKERS
flannery
best
ford

SECOND ROW
poc
a w jones
doc
shaw ( casey if fit )

BACK ROW
wallace
williams
ferris
croft
r jones
heaslip
powell

SCRUM HALFS
philips
care
peel

OUT HALFS
jones
o gara

WINGS
williams
fitzgearld
bowe
lewsey

CENTERS
D'arcy
bod
shanklin
fluety
roberts

FULL BACKS
byrne
kearney

on stand by
horan
mears
hines
worsley
o leary
hook
sackey
armiatge

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kicklikeaprop @ Apr 7 2009, 03:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
BACK ROW
wallace
williams
ferris
croft
r jones
heaslip
powell[/b]

I don't think that Andy Powell has the quality to make this tour, he appears to be unintelligent and one dimensional to me.

I havent been impressed with him constantly being selected for wales this season, I think the way he plays creates to much pressure on the other two flankers to maintain and follow ball, as he is more often than not not involved in the rucking part of the game.

Whats the reason you would select him over say Jonathan Thomas, Tom Croft, James Haskel, Jason White Stronskosh etc ? ? ?

Props:

Murray, Jenkins, Jones, Vickery, Sheridan

Hookers:

Best, Flannery, Ford

Locks:

POC, DOC, AWJ, Hines

6,7:

Williams, Ferris, Wallace, Croft

8:

Heaslip, Jones, Leamy

Scrum half:

Peel, Phillips, Ellis

Outhalf:

Jones, RoG, Hook

Centres:

Darcy, BoD, Henson (though probably out of the running, so Roberts), Shanklin

Wings:

Williams, Fitzgerald, Bowe, Cueto

FB:

Byrne, Kearney

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bumbadum @ Apr 9 2009, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Props:

Murray, Jenkins, Jones, Vickery, Sheridan

Hookers:

Best, Flannery, Ford

Locks:

POC, DOC, AWJ, Hines

6,7:

Williams, Ferris, Wallace, Croft

8:

Heaslip, Jones, Leamy

Scrum half:

Peel, Phillips, Ellis

Outhalf:

Jones, RoG, Hook

Centres:

Darcy, BoD, Henson (though probably out of the running, so Roberts), Shanklin

Wings:

Williams, Fitzgerald, Bowe, Cueto

FB:

Byrne, Kearney[/b]

Is this who you want, or who you think will go, would be stunned if Ellis makes the cut.

Decent effort Bumbadum. Ellis, Sheridan and Vickery are the only bad calls IMO.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Apr 9 2009, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Is this who you want, or who you think will go, would be stunned if Ellis makes the cut.[/b]

Bit of both I guess. I actually vaguely remember meaning to change Ellis to Care but obviously changed my mind or forgot. Honestly though I was tempted to only pick two scrum halves - such is the drop off in standard after the two Welsh lads - but there's no one else who can cover it satisfactorily.

Vickery i think will go because he's an old head to have on the tour. Sheridan was more of a "I think he'll get picked" rather than liking him or thinking he's good enough; actually I think Hayes is in with a massive shout given his importance in the Irish lineout and how much of a big deal the lineout will be on this tour.

If it were a pure "who I think will go" list then Armitage would certainly be in, and possibly Cipriani; and Leamy and Fitzgerald would probably be out .

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bumbadum @ Apr 10 2009, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Apr 9 2009, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is this who you want, or who you think will go, would be stunned if Ellis makes the cut.[/b]

Bit of both I guess. I actually vaguely remember meaning to change Ellis to Care but obviously changed my mind or forgot. Honestly though I was tempted to only pick two scrum halves - such is the drop off in standard after the two Welsh lads - but there's no one else who can cover it satisfactorily.

Vickery i think will go because he's an old head to have on the tour. Sheridan was more of a "I think he'll get picked" rather than liking him or thinking he's good enough; actually I think Hayes is in with a massive shout given his importance in the Irish lineout and how much of a big deal the lineout will be on this tour.

If it were a pure "who I think will go" list then Armitage would certainly be in, and possibly Cipriani; and Leamy and Fitzgerald would probably be out .
[/b][/quote]
HAYES???????? HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't figure out if you're disagreeing with me or you fell asleep on the keyboard.

I think I was a little stingey on the props, aye, I probably should have included more.
I will however argue that the back row is one of the most hotly contested facets of the game, I think it's hard to be a good team without a good back row.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GimleyUK @ Apr 10 2009, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Apr 11 2009, 02:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I see Jenkins, A.Jones, Vickery, Hayes, Murray going as props[/b]

Thats four tightheads and one loose head?, and the loose head can play tighthead !
[/b][/quote]

Vickery has packed down at 1, but then again I do see Geech taking 5 props instead of 6. If he takes 6 he will deffo take Sheridan.

I would like to think its a toss up between vichery.hayes nd sheridan for the last two spots as jenkins.murray and jones are a shoein to travel

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Apr 13 2009, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'd take Ford, Mears and Flannery at hooker.[/b]

lobotomy for cyRil then :p

Seriously though I can't see anyone bar Flannery starting the test if he remains fit.

In fairness, who can be picked besides Ford, Flannery and Mears? Rees is shite, Hartley is raw and Best... Pff.

Latest posts