• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

I hate Jonny Wilkinson because... __________

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Meh @ Mar 31 2009, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Mar 31 2009, 11:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Meh @ Mar 30 2009, 11:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Mar 30 2009, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Meh @ Mar 30 2009, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hate Jonny Wilkinson because he stole my first name. Name-stealer!!!!

Plus he symbolised the boring kicking game that won England games time and time again for years and years...........*snore*[/b]

Change. The. Record.
[/b][/quote]

I think that's a pretty good reason to dislike someone (okay, not hate).

England are a rival team and he represented everything that was annoying about their style of play. So?
[/b][/quote]

So, banging on about it non-stop is just petty.
[/b][/quote]

But I'm not banging on about it.

In fact I think this is the only thread where I've even mentioned the man.

This thread wants reasons for disliking Jonny Wilkinson. I gave them. Go start a "Stop banging on about how you hate Jonny Wilkinson" thread if you are so concerned.

This is just a circular argument.
[/b][/quote]

I was talking about the "England are boring" brigade in general. Of which you are now a part of.

I hate Jonny Wilkinson because ...

He nailed Ireland in 2003.

I love Jonny Wilkinson because ...

He nailed Aus in 2003.

No amount of wishing will bring him back.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Mar 31 2009, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Meh @ Mar 31 2009, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Mar 31 2009, 11:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Meh @ Mar 30 2009, 11:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Mar 30 2009, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Meh @ Mar 30 2009, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hate Jonny Wilkinson because he stole my first name. Name-stealer!!!!

Plus he symbolised the boring kicking game that won England games time and time again for years and years...........*snore*[/b]

Change. The. Record.
[/b][/quote]

I think that's a pretty good reason to dislike someone (okay, not hate).

England are a rival team and he represented everything that was annoying about their style of play. So?
[/b][/quote]

So, banging on about it non-stop is just petty.
[/b][/quote]

But I'm not banging on about it.

In fact I think this is the only thread where I've even mentioned the man.

This thread wants reasons for disliking Jonny Wilkinson. I gave them. Go start a "Stop banging on about how you hate Jonny Wilkinson" thread if you are so concerned.

This is just a circular argument.
[/b][/quote]

I was talking about the "England are boring" brigade in general. Of which you are now a part of.
[/b][/quote]

Not at all. They weren't this Six Nations though.

I do hate the England Rugby Team, yes, but that's something different.

Okay, hate is strong because I respect that they were the world's best team around 2003 when Jonny Wilkinson was their kicker. But that's partly why I dislike the man!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Mar 30 2009, 04:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I hate Jonny Wilkinson because he's Hitler i disguise.

True fact.[/b]

I don't hate him and I think you will kill me now for this post on tis thread :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lekso you hero.

I like Wilkinson because he's the only guy I know who has made David Beckham look like a total imbecile.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dundeesmiffy @ Apr 1 2009, 06:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Also, I put a lot of the blame on him for the plethora of "divisible by 3" games we've seen since the RWC03.
They more or less won by kicking every penalty, which worked, but it was boring as f*** to watch...I've been saying this since day one.[/b]

That's the fault of the rules, not Wilkinson.

Even though, as a Scotsman by birth, I have every reason to deteste Wilko, I really don't. He was a great player, and a perfectly nice guy.

As far the kick-at-goal-a-thon that Rugby Union is (and has been for many years) - there one easy way to change that (that doesn't involve stupid ELVs where everything is a free kick) - all you have to do is lower the value of the penalty kick to 2 points (and I'm not just saying that as a Rugby League fan).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Apr 6 2009, 02:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Lekso you hero.

I like Wilkinson because he's the only guy I know who has made David Beckham look like a total imbecile.[/b]

How can't I agree you???? of course he did :lol: :lol: :lol: ;) :p

Yeah I like him, and sorry Englanders but I remember your team before him and after Wilki's back in squad

that was two different type of England team ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Mites just officially lost his first argument.

And he hasn't even replied yet...

I dislike Jonny Wilkinson because hes a master technician at the drop goal

EDIT: WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ...... 2000th Post

Yeah, I'd like the penalty to be reduced to 2 points, a whole load of people would moan at that though. I think stuff like going in from the side of the ruck and offside should be free-kicks, but like, if it's a repeat offense the referee should be able to give a penalty. Stuff like dangerous tackles, striking and killing the ball should be penalties outright.

I hate Jonny Wilkinsonson, because he lost the second test for the Lions by letting Ronan O'Gara get selected for the Lions ahead of him due to injury and bad form. Then O'Gara lost the match for the Lions.

No love for O'Gara either, just Munsters version of Wilkinson.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (roadtogundagai @ Jul 22 2009, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I hate Jonny Wilkinsonson, because he lost the second test for the Lions by letting Ronan O'Gara get selected for the Lions ahead of him due to injury and bad form. Then O'Gara lost the match for the Lions.

No love for O'Gara either, just Munsters version of Wilkinson.[/b]

HEY, there's senseless hate which is one thing....but don't go comparing him to O'Gara! That's just low.

And anyway it makes no sense. O'Gara can't tackle and Wilkinson has spent most of his career injured because no matter what anyone says to him he won't stop throwing himself into tackles.

Latest posts