Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UNITED STATES

• WEST INDIES

• ZIMBABWE

• Total voters
I'm pretty sure I already said that about five posts up.

I thought we should have chosen to bat first to give our guys a bit more of a warm up before the Kiwi match. Lee should be dropped for this game. The States were all out for 65 which we made in about 6 overs. That puts our net run rate above New Zealand's incase of rain.

So it looks like this..

Tuesday: England v Australia (Semi-1)
Thursday: Pakistan v W. Indies (Semi-2)
Saturday: Winner of Semi-1 v Winner of Semi-2

The West Indies/South Africa game was entertaining.

England vs Pakistan in the final then
<

Originally posted by Wally@Sep 21 2004, 10:35 AM
What is wrong with English crowds? That is a f***ing pitiful attendance.
People over here usually have to go to work or school during the week
<
<

Get in
<
English cricket actually winning something. That would be a new experience!

Great Win, here's the match summary:

Australia 259-9
Martyn 65
Clarke 42

Gough 3-48
Vaughan 2-42

England 263-4
Trescothick 81
Vaughan 86
Strauss 52
(Brett Lee 8.3 - 0 - 65 -2!!)

Shame it's only the bloody ICC trophy and nobody really gives two shits about it.
Its going to be Pakistan or West Indies in the final, and you' put our money on Pakistan making it which will set up a great final for Saturday.

Freddy Flintoff set to star again after a quiet game today.Tres, Vaughany, Strauss , Collingwood and Flintoff all in great batting form at the moment.

If our best team, and I mean our best team had played England would not have had a chance in the world beating that total. I do not rate English cricket. These one offs mean nothing. Hopefully we'll be tested properly against the Indians.

Originally posted by Wally@Sep 22 2004, 10:47 AM
If our best team, and I mean our best team had played England would not have had a chance in the world beating that total. I do not rate English cricket. These one offs mean nothing. Hopefully we'll be tested properly against the Indians.
Typical comment after a thrashing.

What made that not your best team, didn't see any absenties?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Hopefully we'll be tested properly against the Indians.[/b]

What a loser comment, you can't get tested more than losing by 6 wickets... thats like me saying this is a one off, and NZ are better than Aussie... but this means nothing? sure sure, you wouldn't be saying that if they made the final. England are a better team than the indians.

One shithouse series viewed by **** weak crowds in miserable weather doesn't mean England are better than India, or anyone for a matter of fact. The Indians will find their feet soon.

Come talk to me when Australia arn't the best team in the world.

Originally posted by Wally@Sep 22 2004, 03:31 PM
One shithouse series viewed by **** weak crowds in miserable weather doesn't mean England are better than India, or anyone for a matter of fact. The Indians will find their feet soon.

Sour grapes indeed

I thought that was the Aussies strongest team myself, and a 6 wicket win can't be ignored. Roll on the Ashes
<

Originally posted by Wally@Sep 22 2004, 03:31 PM

Haha, someone can't handle losing... in page 1 of this thread you weren't so uptight, saying this **** series had a good game between SA and WI.

So your saying England think they are better than India because they beat Aussie?, where teh **** did that come from? India lost to Pakistan remember... thats like saying NZ is better than Aussie because we cleaned england up in the Natwest series yet we lose to aussie and england beat aussie. Contradiction in its highest order
<

Brilliant by England. I had my doubts, but its always great to see somebody topple the aussies.

Great work by the Poms. ill eat humble pie as i didnt rate them in the ODI part of cricket but they have to be a force now these days.

as for wally.....
mate, who the hell was missing? you lost, like always in the second biggest competition in cricket. youve never won this competition and that trend will continue for another 2 years. im not saying aussie suck or anything, they are the best in the world. just give credit when its due mate.

Latest posts