• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

If you could remove one Commentator

There's a few I'd get rid of to be fair... what I would like though is for Flats and Shanks to do a Wales vs England game.

Such choice...

Barnes is a clueless knob
Butler is a crap poet wannabe
Various Irish commentators on the Irish broadcasters are so laughably biased it's amazing they have the jobs
Jonathan "numbers squeak squeak" Davies is completely partisan and often cuts across other commentators. England vs Wales where all you can hear is partisan commentary from Butler and Davies? Crap.

I think top of the list would have to be Barnes though, I'm not sure if he is even looking at the same screens as anyone else. I mean the guy could probably be watching a washing machine with a list of names in front of him for all the insight his commentary offers.

I mean the guy could probably be watching a washing machine with a list of names in front of him for all the insight his commentary offers.
Legit shook so many think Barnes is worse than Butler (Although he isn't doing RWC commentary, thankfully), Barnes does have a little idea of the game whereas Butler is absolutely clueless and by and large just slowly says a players' name seconds after something happened and now someone else is in possession with that nails on chalkboard enunciation and rrrrrrrandomly rolled Rs.

That and trolling players and fellow commentators seems to be his forte. His commentary is utterly pointless and endlessly irritating.

I was watching a game over the weekend, I can't remember which it was but someone said "There's the flanker from the last scrum" that has to be the least amount of useful information ever given.

Just when Rugby is on the beeb. I cannot stand the presenter, Inverdale. Everybody else is good. BT do the best coverage.

Latest posts