• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

In what way is Sam Warburton superior to Justin Tipuric?

Why all the animosity towards Brown. He's a passionate, talented player. I've never had a problem with players showing some passion and ****le on the pitch, as long as they keep it within reason. Brown doesn't pick up yellow or red cards often, so he seems to have a handle on things. Liam Williams is similar, but up until recently couldn't keep in under check.

Brown's a very rounded fullback, with a great running game, he's up there with the best, and it had nothing to do with him that England aren't progressing. People have highlighted the penalty at the end of the wales game, but a player should very rarely be criticised for being penalised for holding on, as it's usually a lack of support/urgency from his teammates to clear the ruck, or good play from the opposition to get over the ball quickly.

regarding mr.brown, im suprised that he didnt get cited for shoving hoopers head into the ground in retaliation. it was quite quick as well so not sure wether it was an open hand or a fist
Considering Hooper should of seen red for the incident I'm not entirely sure Brown's retaliation was completely unwarranted you usually see reactions for small incident of foul play. That said I'd rather he didn't do it as always wonder if player reactions stop refs from reaching for the cards which would help your team a lot more.

To be honest Poite had a pretty poor game all round on that one, Hooper should of seen red, Burgess should of seen yellow, Farrell got yellow but it was fairly harsh as the player was guilty of obstructing and from some angle it looks like Farrell is trying to tackle the player beyond him and was starting to use his arms.

Considering Hooper should of seen red for the incident I'm not entirely sure Brown's retaliation was completely unwarranted you usually see reactions for small incident of foul play. That said I'd rather he didn't do it as always wonder if player reactions stop refs from reaching for the cards which would help your team a lot more.

To be honest Poite had a pretty poor game all round on that one, Hooper should of seen red, Burgess should of seen yellow, Farrell got yellow but it was fairly harsh as the player was guilty of obstructing and from some angle it looks like Farrell is trying to tackle the player beyond him and was starting to use his arms.

yea he did have a poor game, as did the both assistant refs, not seeing the mike brown incident or the high tackles.

id be pretty ****** if hooper did that to me as well however isnt the law that if you strike with a fist thats it, red card. does it account for 'he hit me first' etc. the criticism for holding on is silly, how often do players do this in every game, its not their fault as you said, they just needed more support. It probably would have been worse had we turned over the ball as we had players either side of the ruck and england were still running back i believe. it was also quite far out 45-50 metres so by no means an easy kick anyways.

if he carrys on like he is i do think its only a matter of time before he does get carded for something though

Why all the animosity towards Brown. He's a passionate, talented player. I've never had a problem with players showing some passion and ****le on the pitch, as long as they keep it within reason. Brown doesn't pick up yellow or red cards often, so he seems to have a handle on things. Liam Williams is similar, but up until recently couldn't keep in under check.

Brown's a very rounded fullback, with a great running game, he's up there with the best, and it had nothing to do with him that England aren't progressing. People have highlighted the penalty at the end of the wales game, but a player should very rarely be criticised for being penalised for holding on, as it's usually a lack of support/urgency from his teammates to clear the ruck, or good play from the opposition to get over the ball quickly.

Brown should most definitely have let go of the ball. The scores were even and he was facing a team with two great opensides on the pitch and a kicker who could punt the ball through the eye of a needle, making 5 from 5. He HAD to let go of the ball in that situation when someone had their hands clamped on the pill.

- - - Updated - - -

Brown should most definitely have let go of the ball. The scores were even and he was facing a team with two great opensides on the pitch and a kicker who could punt the ball through the eye of a needle, making 5 from 5. He HAD to let go of the ball in that situation when someone had their hands clamped on the pill.

I've always been a huge fan of both warbs and tips, but currently lydiate's work rate during the world cup has been immense. If it wasn't for lydiate's understated performances I think tips and warbs would be starting together. He is back at his 2012 best, making heaps of chop tackles a game allowing warbs to get over the ball as often as possible. I would love to see tips and warbs start together this Saturday just to see what they could do. It is wrong that such a fantastic player is playing ten minutes from the bench e very game, but warbs is on the form of his life and almost single handedly kept wales in the fiji game. Lydiate is arguably also in the form of his life. Basically, I can't argue with having such a selection dilemma. It's not often wales have this kind of depth.

I've always been a huge fan of both warbs and tips, but currently lydiate's work rate during the world cup has been immense. If it wasn't for lydiate's understated performances I think tips and warbs would be starting together. He is back at his 2012 best, making heaps of chop tackles a game allowing warbs to get over the ball as often as possible. I would love to see tips and warbs start together this Saturday just to see what they could do. It is wrong that such a fantastic player is playing ten minutes from the bench e very game, but warbs is on the form of his life and almost single handedly kept wales in the fiji game. Lydiate is arguably also in the form of his life. Basically, I can't argue with having such a selection dilemma. It's not often wales have this kind of depth.

totally agree, its a shame. from what the players have been saying regarding 'gats has given us the licence to attack a bit more' it seems likely we may get warburton and tips this weekend. seems logical if we are going to start being a bit risky in attack, tipuric's silky smooth handling skills will come in handy

Latest posts