• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

India in Australia

We let them win wairarapa...match fixing it was.

Have to keep international cricket interesing.

[/b]

LOL.

But seriously, do you guys have any beef with Channel 9's commentators? They're all so one eyed, it astounds me how they cannot give praise to another team.

ie, Tendulkar plays a beautiful cover drive, gets 3 and Symonds makes a routine stop to save it from a boundary. Queue Channel 9, "Oh brilliant fielding from big Roy, what a great Queenslander this lad is with a big strong arm, that shot had absolutely no chance of making it to the boundary, great play Australia!".

You get my drift, they do it every time. Even Mark Nicholas is starting to catch the green & gold fever.

Yeah I know what you mean, but they do provide plenty of praise to the opposition. They were raving about how good the 19 year old spinner is and they were forever saying how terrific Tendulkar was.

I don't think people notice the praise that is given to the other teams because there is so much carry on about how terrific we are (can't blame them though :p)

But yeah...the praise for the opposition is there, its just overshadowed with more toward us.

Why do all the cricket fans go mad and fap over how big Symonds is supposed to be? He'd still be small playing suburban rugby.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

LOL.

But seriously, do you guys have any beef with Channel 9's commentators? They're all so one eyed, it astounds me how they cannot give praise to another team.

ie, Tendulkar plays a beautiful cover drive, gets 3 and Symonds makes a routine stop to save it from a boundary. Queue Channel 9, "Oh brilliant fielding from big Roy, what a great Queenslander this lad is with a big strong arm, that shot had absolutely no chance of making it to the boundary, great play Australia!".

You get my drift, they do it every time. Even Mark Nicholas is starting to catch the green & gold fever. [/b][/quote]

We all love Bill Lawry when he commentates! Especially when there is a Victorian on the pitch!

Why do all the cricket fans go mad and fap over how big Symonds is supposed to be? He'd still be small playing suburban rugby. [/b]

Well a paedophile looks big in a kindergarten, it's because cricketers have a completely different physique. He's just the closest to a rugby/league player I suppose...

aus is the best cricket playin nation in the world. it's somtimes luck with indian that they win few matches.

If sledging was limited to comments rubbishing someone's cricketing talent, that would be fine, ie:

"Are you ever going to hit one"
"Your killing your teams chances, you have to have a go."
"Nice shot. We all know you can't play a sweep though." - One I used while keeping and sure enough, the guy tried it and played a ballooning sky-bound sitter.

The modern cricketer can't stop at these types of things. It has to be personal.

It can happen in other sports, but where has it been allowed to become a regular all day part of the sport? On top of the pressure of playing the game and the ever increasing pressure to win, why are these grown men scratching their heads in wonderment at incidents cropping up?

If it could ever be limited to someones ability as a player, I'd still be all for it. It seems to me though that only high-school and club teams can master that degree of common sense. Not saying that sledging things other than someones ability never happens in those grades, but the ratio is ridiculously lower.
[/b]

Latest posts