• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

IPL 2010 official Thread

E

esoj

well I thought I would start this thread for 2 reasons. 1. the IPL auction just happened 2. it has just been announced that all the games will be broadcast live on youtube.

The IPL auction was interesting a lot of teams went to boost their bowling lineups with the likes of lou vincent brad haddin Shahid Afridi all missing out and all well known for being big hitters that would suit 20/20 quite nicely. there was some big interest in the bowlers though bond went for some big money to the knight riders and Kemar Roach went for $720 k. some of the kiwis and aussies were probably overlooked as they wouldn't be available for the whole tournament but it still is a bit strange the likes of vincent and haddin didn't get picked up.

it was just announced today that all the games will be broadcast live on youtube. this is believed to be the first for a sporting event and not doubt some big money must be involved. this does mean though that everyone in the world will be able to watch the games and see some of the big names of world cricket fight it out against one another.

http://tvnz.co.nz/cricket-news/ipl-games-l...youtube-3337418

he Indian Premier League is entering the new world of online, live broadcasts.

Organisers have just signed a deal with YouTube, becoming the first sports event broadcast live on the internet in every country.

Cricket fans will not only have a dedicated channel, but they will be able to choose their own camera position.

IPL comissioner Lalit Modi is clearly excited, saying the March competition will forever change the world of sports broadcasting.

well the most controversial aspect is that fact that none of the Pakistanis were picked up because the franchises knew the government wouldn't issue them with a visa, especially when you consider the impact that Gul and Afridi especially had in the World Twenty20.

The youtube news is interesting, will certainly see the broadcasters looking for a cut deal as well, I hear that ESPN are interested in the UK rights.

i like watch ipl cricket,my first cricket games are the ipl games.i watch on the youtube channel in Brazil because don't show cricket game,only special matter on tv,not sport a know here,so foreigner and adventurers brazilians playing cricket.i wnat but i don't know where i can play. :)

IPL games are cool to watch, but I still prefer T20 international games like the WC.

I noticed this earlier today:
Highest paying sports leagues (average weekly salary per starting player)
1- NBA (basketball) - £50,847
2- IPL (cricket) - £48,243
3- MLB (baseball) - £35,147
4- Premier League - £28,230
5- NFL (American football) - £22,506

It's absolutely incredible that a league in only it's third year is paying such massive wages, especially when the 20/20 concept is so new.

That is quiet something, but seeing as squads are smaller then with a budget of $5million then its not that to much expected.

Latest posts