• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland RWC 11 Thread

Would have liked Fitzy. Kidney's obviously a tactical genius playing To'OL in the warm up games and fooling the world into thinking Ireland are **** by the simple fact that ToO'L was playing.

i thought luke fitzgerald proved why he should be included on Saturday. If TOL having a terrible performance on Saturday caused him to be dropped, why didnt the same happen to Keith Earls?

Because Earls has been very good for Munster at the end of the season and had a very good 6 nations. That was one bad game in along time while Fitz has been poor for the whole season really.

I really think that fitz should have got in,

kidney should put SOB in the centre against england lool

Thank you Kidney for putting form ahead of reputation. Delighted to see Conor Murray going. Even more delighted to see TOL not going. Feel bad for Felix Jones, though. Could have been his first world cup. Another four years for him to wait now.

Leamy and Ryan in with Jenno and McLaughlin out GAY. Earls in Fitzy out IS HE TAKING THE ****. I'm currently contemplating suicide.

I really think that fitz should have got in,

kidney should put SOB in the centre against england lool

I agree Fitz is a quality player but he has not played consistently well for along time now and who would you drop to take him. P.Wallace maybe? but then we would have a lack of people to play in the inside backs. Murphy maybe? but we need 2 experienced full backs considering we have had trouble in that area.

Excellent stuff, Kidney has shown once and for all he's not steady eddie.

Murray is the right choice, mcfadden is the right choice.

Buckley is rubbish and he knows it, its just a sad statement of our depth there that he's all we've got. Hayes is better but cant last 80. God give us some more props soon please!

But on the whole I'm very impressed and happy with this selection. Didnt see the Murray and McFadden thing coming

whats the source on that list please? I cant see this online on any news site yet?

fitzy didnt make it but even if he hasnt been his best he's still a better player than Earls and hes certainly a better centre than Paddy Wallace. Kidney thinks hes not being conservative by including Conor Murray over TOL but i think he is being conservative picking the likes of Geordan Murphy, Paddy Wallace and Denis Leamy.

I agree Fitz is a quality player but he has not played consistently well for along time now and who would you drop to take him. P.Wallace maybe? but then we would have a lack of people to play in the inside backs. Murphy maybe? but we need 2 experienced full backs considering we have had trouble in that area.
Add in Luke Fitz had 4 games in 6 Nations and has been watched closely I'm sure on all the training sessions and well just wasn't up to the standard on current form.
He didn't deserve to be selected and again I think Kidney has selected the players that showed form.
Murray outplayed Boss so much on Thursday that you'd think it was Boss who was inexperienced and that is why again I hope Murray is thrown a chance of earning that 9 shirt.

Because Earls has been very good for Munster at the end of the season and had a very good 6 nations. That was one bad game in along time while Fitz has been poor for the whole season really.
Earls is the most overrated player going. Has no skill whatsoever. Not even that fast. Fitzy is brilliant. What you think about donnacha Ryan, Leamy, Buckley and fag (Paddy Wallace) being included. jenno, McLaughlin, Hayes left out??????

Correction found it! Geordan Murphy got Felix's spot, paddy wallace is a donkey utility that we hopefully wont need. See leamy's contribution V perpignan when we got a bonus point in stade aime giral for all the reason you need to take him.

harsh on fitz but he's had a bad year for form, he'll bounce back, earls had a good season and a horror V france. Mcfadden was the right call.

http://www.irishrugby.ie/news/23673.php

fitzy didnt make it but even if he hasnt been his best he's still a better player than Earls and hes certainly a better centre than Paddy Wallace. Kidney thinks hes not being conservative by including Conor Murray over TOL but i think he is being conservative picking the likes of Geordan Murphy, Paddy Wallace and Denis Leamy.
Fitzgearld was awful for last 12 months and Earls was our best back in 6 Nations so don't understand that argument ????????
Geordan Murphy is a speacilized fullback who got in through Felix Jones injury - Fitz had 4 games at 15 in 6 Nations and was a disaster
Paddy Wallace is a 10/12 - Luke can't cover 10 and isn't a 12 so what exactly is your argument here.

And Luke isnt a backrow player so I'd prefer Leamy there and even after Leamy there isn't any backrow that is better and left out.
So this isn't a logical post

Happy with the squad. Kidney shows he is not playing favourites by leaving TOL at home, great to see :)

I think, at this stage we are a quality 12 away from being a top international side, neither D'Arcy or Wallace are good enough really.

Delighted for Conor Murray! :)

Well this is a pleasant surprise! Just checked up on the Irish Times website and my jaw hit the floor when I saw "Fitzgerald and O'Leary miss out". I am really and truly delighted to see Murray make it, and I hope he'll get a few good starts against the USA and Russia. Surprised about Fitzgerald too, but he hasn't been good at all for a long time. Great to see McFadden get in there instead.

Feel sorry for Jennings - nothing ever seems to go right for him, and am disappointed that Buckley made the team. D.Ryan's selection surprises me too. Sure, he played well in the Magners League, but he was lacklustre for the game time he got in the friendly's.

Latest posts