• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland Squad

Ah I'm only doing the Paris games, holidays could only go so far!

I'm happy with the squad too, as well as Munster did at the end of the season there, they were trying to oust established guys whose last two games were beating the initial favourites for the Champions Cup out the gate and then losing what has been claimed as the highest quality club game of all time by a point. Loads of tweets about picking on form but in reality, everyone has good form at some points in the past few months. Frisch is the one bolter I'd have liked to see, we've looked at our most vulnerable without Ringrose, which can also be ready as we've looked at our most vulnerable without a 13.

Ah I'm only doing the Paris games, holidays could only go so far!

I'm happy with the squad too, as well as Munster did at the end of the season there, they were trying to oust established guys whose last two games were beating the initial favourites for the Champions Cup out the gate and then losing what has been claimed as the highest quality club game of all time by a point. Loads of tweets about picking on form but in reality, everyone has good form at some points in the past few months. Frisch is the one bolter I'd have liked to see, we've looked at our most vulnerable without Ringrose, which can also be ready as we've looked at our most vulnerable without a 13.
Would say it not as much form but more who knew camp too.

Like not hammering lads as such but Kilcoyne, Osborne, Treadwell, Stockdale, Prendergast are all there based on knowing camp set up. And you say some Leinster lads there are based off last 2 games. And don't argue that but Osborne wasn't next to near that squad even if fully fit. Butas you can see there only him andMcCarthy were 2 Leinster lads I'd argue and with McCarthy as I said already I can see his merit.

But again Farrell has got it right so far so can't argue and of all I mentioned above can't see then going anyways

Gwan JK. He's had a class season to be fair. Think he's probably been a bit unlucky in Irish selections, but he's not massively a loss to us barring an injury crisis either. Will be surprised if he gets any minutes for SA. Always want to see Munster players do well. Hope him playing for SA doesn't mean we have to ship him off though....

Gwan JK. He's had a class season to be fair. Think he's probably been a bit unlucky in Irish selections, but he's not massively a loss to us barring an injury crisis either. Will be surprised if he gets any minutes for SA. Always want to see Munster players do well. Hope him playing for SA doesn't mean we have to ship him off though....
Nope. He is safe and staying where he is.

2 NIQ second rows... Get him out the gap lads, ridiculous carry on.

Loving this news for a couple of reasons. Firstly, Munster Twitter. Secondly, it's a bit of a hail Mary by the Saffas, the guy has never exactly been special at Euro level and I'd have thought he's a dime a dozen in SA, if he's not maybe they're not in the best nick going into September.

2 NIQ second rows... Get him out the gap lads, ridiculous carry on.

Loving this news for a couple of reasons. Firstly, Munster Twitter. Secondly, it's a bit of a hail Mary by the Saffas, the guy has never exactly been special at Euro level and I'd have thought he's a dime a dozen in SA, if he's not maybe they're not in the best nick going into September.
But that the beauty he has his deal sorted and signed so IRFU are not able.
Also if he is never capped it means he can keep going to camps and remain IQ.
To be fair he has been excellent in Europe this year as well as league and his skill level do stack up.

I would actually argue if he is capped it will be worst for Leinster as Jenkins is next lads contractually out the door and the big type player Leinster need is an NIQ Lock and if JK becomes NIQ supposedly it will effect Leinster in signing a new 1.

Leinster haven't been allowed sign NIQ starters since Fardy so I don't really see how it affects us. I reckon Jenkins goes after his current anyway.

But if both Kleyn and RG end up NIQ, I would almost guarantee that one is on their last contract. Might get two years out of if lucky, and that would be a great return.

Leinster haven't been allowed sign NIQ starters since Fardy so I don't really see how it affects us. I reckon Jenkins goes after his current anyway.

But if both Kleyn and RG end up NIQ, I would almost guarantee that one is on their last contract. Might get two years out of if lucky, and that would be a great return.
RG is up end of next season. But Leinster had asked to sign a NIQ lock and equally rumours are have one identified who is a starter but will all hinge on JK I suppose.
It is highlighted as a big weakness is Leinster's lock options and probably has cost them 2 European cups.

He deserved it. He's a little thug.

World Cup – Sexton suspended for the World Cup ?

I feel them arriving, all Leinster supporters will cry foul....We can also say that La Rochelle has done a lot of harm to Irish rugby. 😂

He deserved it. He's a little thug.

World Cup – Sexton suspended for the World Cup ?

I feel them arriving, all Leinster supporters will cry foul....We can also say that La Rochelle has done a lot of harm to Irish rugby. 😂

photo-sipa-1653776018.jpg

D6tcz7.gif

Not a single La Rochelle player in that gif tbf

"Yeah, maybe you should buy a trophy too you loser!"

Internet gossip saying he will sexton will be banned for 24 weeks
That's from the same goob who released the letter story and he's basing it solely 9.28 here. One of his replies to a tweet doubt him was "Read the Article!". Sounds like he got the disciplinary letter scoop with very little other information and is cashing in on the biggest story he's had.

https://www.world.rugby/organisation/governance/regulations/reg-17/appendix-1

Sexton said something along the lines of "two penalties, you're ******* disgraceful". It'll be mid end disrespect rather than mid end threatening behavior in all likelihood. He never got within touching distance of the officials. I'm guessing 4 weeks down to 2.

So the halftime thing has turned up nothing and it's his approach to the referees at full time that's being investigated moreso. Tbh unless he put his hands on the officials I don't really see it meriting a lengthy ban (depending on what was said obviously). A lot of overseas publications gleefully throwing out some huge numbers like 24 weeks, but I'm highly sceptical. Indo, which I also wouldn't trust is saying 10 or so weeks

Sexton said something along the lines of "two penalties, you're ******* disgraceful". It'll be mid end disrespect rather than mid end threatening behavior in all likelihood. He never got within touching distance of the officials. I'm guessing 4 weeks down to 2.
Is mid-end not 12 week entry point? That's what Hartley got (reduced to 11 weeks for wearing a nice tie and combing his hair)
Or does Sexton not being in the matchday 23 put him in a different offence?

But yeah, I reckon low, maybe if they're feeling vindictive mid, level - then halved because everything gets halved, and probably some arbitary reduction on top as well
So like 12 down to 6 (first offence) down to 4 weeks (apologised in the hearing),
Or 6 down to 3 down to 2

Edit:
Missed the one above with the lower levels, depends whether they think "******* disgrace" is disrespecting authority or verbally abusing - Hartley's "******* cheat" was deemed verbal abuse - the swearing might swing it

Latest posts