• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland stealing a Georgian prop

Italy could have been a mid table side for the last few years if they had a decent kicker in my opinion, in fact if I was Parisse, Castrogiovanni, Zanni etc I would be pretty p*ssed off to end up at a time with such crap fly halves ruining all their hard work every match
No. They still leak tries like no other six nations team, are incredibly blunt in attack and are worse, man-for-man, in almost every position against the top 4 of the six nations. They're making progress, but they're more than a kicker away from mid-table.

Agreed J'nuh.
They need to find some faster and more creative backs. They also need to improve the fitness levels of their forwards, they look exhausted after around the 65m mark every game. With backs like Bergamsco, Mclean, Canale/Sgarbi and Garcia they will never win more than a couple games in a 6 nations season no matter how dominant their forwards are.

Last edited:
But if you're going to try and compete at a world level class or even a high level a teem needs it's set piece to work like a well oiled machine. I team can function brilliantly playing with vastly inferior backs but having a solid 10 man game and being strong in tight. You will however rarely see a team win with marvelous backs and a pack getting whipped around the park.

If I were to pick 3 professional players to come to play J1 rugby and make the biggest impact to the strength of the side and the comfort with which it plays it would be a Loosehead , hooker and a tighthead. The impact that would have on a game is unbelievable. There is no way around a retreating scrum.

a) How does that disprove my point?

b) Australia.

a) How does that disprove my point?

b) Australia.

It doesn't really..I'm just going with the fact that having a strong scrum is the most important factor in how a team is playing.

Australia..Are somewhat like Ireland, will not be world beaters with their current set up ..they will play well but their inability up front will cripple a talented backline and they will struggle vs Opposition who take the game to them , Look what a slightly more determined Ireland did at the WC..

Last years Heiniken cup final is another good example if memory serves on how the scrum dictates which team takes the ascendancy , Northampton really did not have the caliber in 10 ,12 ,13 to say they were superior in the backs yet despite this we got an awful hammering in the first half.

Another georgian name in the Ireland U18 squad. Again a prop

Irish U18 Clubs squad:
Vak Abdaladze - Leinster
Conor Farrell - Leinster
Andrew Feeney - Leinster
Conor Hand - Leinster
Conor O Brien - Leinster
Neil Reilly (capt) - Leinster
Ronan Wallace - Leinster
Peter Howard - Leinster
Josh Barnes - Munster
Bens Betts - Munster
Brian Fanning - Munster
Sean O'Leary - Munster
Phillip Poillot - Munster
Joe White - Munster

Adam McBurney - Ulster
Cameron Fulton - Ulster
Matthew Cosgrove - Connacht
Brett Connon - Exiles
Kieran Joyce - Exiles
Hugh Sloan - Exiles
Jake Byrne - Exiles
Ciaran Frawley - Leinster
Josh Daly - Exiles
Tadgh McElroy - Leinster
http://www.munsterrugby.ie/domestic/news/18214.php#.UzsDEleO2kO

abdazed.jpg

Last edited:
We should close the boarders. That's the only way to keep Georgian poster happy it would seem.

Ahah no, I was in Dublin last October, that's a pretty good place
I posted that for the info, that's surprising to see 2 young georgian props in Ireland U18 squad in 2 years
I just hope they will represent Georgia. That's a little country, the potential of high-level players is poor compared to Ireland...

Ahah no, I was in Dublin last October, that's a pretty good place
I posted that for the info, that's surprising to see 2 young georgian props in Ireland U18 squad in 2 years
I just hope they will represent Georgia. That's a little country, the potential of high-level players is poor compared to Ireland...

I don't know if you'll want them. Saba is in the Connacht academy but couldn't make the u20's ironically due to not being a great scrummager. He's not exactly a much talked about prospect. Also as mentioned in the thread he's being in Ireland since he was at most 15. It#s quite possible Connacht and Marist College gave him most of his rugby development.

I've never heard of Abdaladze before. He could be good I'm not sure but making a club representative side in Ireland isn't always indictave of quality. Some very good players do come from the club system but the school side is far more prestigious. I don't know if you actually knew of him or if you just saw the name but for all I know he could have spent all his life in Ireland.

We should close the boarders. That's the only way to keep Georgian poster happy it would seem.

Raise the planks and man the forecastle.....full sail ahead.

Sorry to pick on you Feic but why do so many people spell borders this way? I constantly see my friends use it on FB, unless there are random boarders of cars and buses lurking around I haven't seen.

I'm first Georgian posting here.

I MUST say this:

We guys have tons of very good props, Top14 and Pro 2D is boiling with Georgian Props.
At the moment our National Team has 3-4 very good props for National team.

Loose head:

Mikheil Nariashvili - Montpellier (26 years)
Zurab Zhvania - Stade Fracias (24 years)
Karlen Asieshvili - Brive (29 years)
Vasil Kakovin - Toulouse (26 years)

quite a lot U20 props including:
Tornike Mataradze - Lyon's pro team (20 years) - best Loosehead prop for 2 weeks in 2016 U20 Championship
Luka Goginava - Racing 92 (20 years)
and others

Tight head:

Davit Kubriashvili - Montpellier (29 years old)
Levan Chilachava - Toulon (25 years)
Anton Peikrishvili - Cardiff Blues (29 years)

Quite a lot U20 players including:
Lasha Tabidze - Bodeaux (19 years) - best tight head prop in 2016 U20 Championship
Nika Neparidze - Clermont (20 years)
Giorgi Melikidze - Stade Fracias peo team (20 years)
and others

My point is - Lelo's doesnt want players who are willing to play for other national teams.
We have tons of props there is no need. I wish him all the best.

To be accurate, i dont think he will resist the opposition in Tight heads for Georgia.

I hadn't realised until the beginning of this season that he's lived in England since he was two.

Latest posts