• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland v Italy

According to RTE, D'Arcy has a broken wrist.

Also according to RTE, no one seems to care.

What a crap, error-ridden game this has been so far. The only spark was Reddan, who looks better every time he plays.

Otherwise, crap.

Dissapointing alright, you're right about Murphy, was definitely a poor pass rather than Dempsey over running it, lineout is poor, D'Arcy going off isn't the worst thing that could have happened, his form has been woeful.

We should be further ahead but it would be a major surprise if we don't kick on in the second half.

Reddan has certainly nailed his place down but Leamy for me has been the best player of the half, good to see him back in form at no. 8

According to RTE, D'Arcy has a broken wrist.

Also according to RTE, no one seems to care.
[/b]

Had he been in great form I'd imagine we would be but he was only in the side because of his reputation.

It's really important that Trimble has a huge second half cause I have the horrible feeling that Horgan may start at inside centre in Paris next week.

I would like to say that Italy is playing exceptional to keep it close with Ireland, but it really just seems that both teams are playing off of their games.

We're not doing ourselves any favours now, idiotic from Easterby, he'd already been warned. He's still Eddie's favourite though so no harm done

Clearly a try, given the way Kaplan questioned it they shouldn't have taken so long.

2 costly misses from Bortolusi.

What Bergamasco did there, Easterby got carded for, where's the consistency?

Castrogiavani's serging break has been the highlight so far.

Parisse's try was a no brainer, he was clearly lying flat on the ground, god knows why they had to go through 30-odd replays.

16-8 now. **Yawn**

O'Gara is hitting kicks that are in my range......

He should start kicking deeper ones......

What are you talking about, bar that cross-field kick in the first half his kicking has been superb.

What are you talking about, bar that cross-field kick in the first half his kicking has been superb.
[/b]

I know it has been superb. I am hoping he has to kick deeper ones and will miss them. :)

Yep, well that face full of Kane Robertsons ass we got at the end sums this match up perfectly. Crap.

Let's hope England/Wales don't bore us with something similar.

I assurre you, even with Rob Andrews forwards-only selection policy, we can't ever see as boring a game as that again.

Thats a bit harsh, its the first match for both teams since the world cup. Which ended a long,long time ago for both. Ireland played well in the first 25-30 minutes after that the game got a bit scrappy, credit to Italy they tried their hardest and almost got something from the game. I have seen worse game for sure W Cullen, mate the next match will be just as boring. Alot of high balls etc..

That was woeful in fairness, we're in big trouble when we come up against a decent team cause the Italians weren't up to much either. Certainly the poorest championship game I've ever seen.

That was woeful in fairness, we're in big trouble when we come up against a decent team cause the Italians weren't up to much either. Certainly the poorest championship game I've ever seen.
[/b]

Maybe from Ireland but i have seen plenty worse as a Scotland fan :ph34r:

well there was that cracking 6-6 draw between Ireland and Scotland 14 years ago but that was played in a gale. Conditions were not brilliant today but they were certainly condusive to getting a decent game of rugby which is ultimately what we didn't get.

Just watched the Ireland Vs Italy match. Its possible the worst ive ever seen Ireland play! They were lucky to win considering Italy were the better team!

Wee Eddy will have to buck up his ideas if he want to keep his job! I really quite annoyed i wanted them to do well in this comp but if they keep playing like that, well Scotland might even beat them :D ha ha only jokin scots, you have a good chance!

Latest posts