• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland v Scotland

Geordan was class, How can you play Girve ahead of him after that?

Ireland scored superb tries, especially Kearney's and Bowe's first.

OMG!!1! PAddy WallAce actualy played!!!1!!1!

Geordan was class, How can you play Girve ahead of him after that?

Ireland scored superb tries, especially Kearney's and Bowe's first.

OMG!!1! PAddy WallAce actualy played!!!1!!1!
[/b]

1 swallow doesn't make a Summer, he wasn't tested defensively and it was hardly a faultless performance either.

Here's The Graphs!!!

<div align="center">
Per_Pass10_IrvSc.png

</div>
<div align="center">
Comp_Possession_Pass_IrvSc.png

Passes_from_Rucks_IrvSc.png

From SAS Software Ltd
</div>

scotland defense especially rory lamont was terible
[/b]

I wouldnt single out Lamont, collectively they were terrible that said where is Lamonts Sale form for Scotland?

Nice to see a flash of vintage of vintage O'Driscoll in setting up Kearney's try.

That was top class centre play - received the ball, knew where the space was, put his foot down to burst into the gap and then threw out a perfectly weighted pass to the winger. Made the whole passage look easy when it was anything but.

1 swallow doesn't make a Summer, he wasn't tested defensively and it was hardly a faultless performance either. [/b]
No but credit where credit is due, he certainly looked a different class to anything Dempsey offers going forward. I agree with you on his defensive frailties, but today, we was class. Hard to drop him after that performance.

<div class='quotemain'> 1 swallow doesn't make a Summer, he wasn't tested defensively and it was hardly a faultless performance either. [/b]
No but credit where credit is due, he certainly looked a different class to anything Dempsey offers going forward. I agree with you on his defensive frailties, but today, we was class. Hard to drop him after that performance. [/b][/quote]
You may have a point.

Note to Eddie: Leinster fan wants Leinster player dropped because ... too many Leinster players on the team. It's just not right!

Once again, I am left embarrassed to be a Scottish Rugby Fan. [/b]
Not that bad - they outplayed Ireland a lot of the time. But application was humiliated by execution. Scotland aren't far off, they just need inspiration ...and a pair of balls.

Once again, I am left embarrassed to be a Scottish Rugby Fan.
[/b]

Yup we are just as bad as 2004, after a world cup we are always worse than usual. Same with 2000

Once again, I am left embarrassed to be a Scottish Rugby Fan. [/b]

Have to agree there - although we did have a promising first 20, during which our support were quite vocal aswell, but just like the france game despite all the pressure we actually created bugger all!

Have to say, after that performance im am seriously doubting wether Frank Hadden should be the coach. Dont get me wrong, im not calling for his head yet (it would be suicide to sack him now) and I will support the team he puts out regardless, but Scotland have shown little sign of improvment. We still lacked that basic level of competency on saturday - and area that Frank refuses to work on in the belife that players at that level should have that competency.

He aslo harped on pre tournament about competition for places, well Frank the way scotland are playing simply isnt acceptable. Scotland 'A' ran 10 tries past their irish counterparts on friday, so failure to reward the good performers would suggest you are picking players on reputation alone. Pick that same team again and, if they dont pull of a good performance, then you will be searching for a new job!

On another note though, what a ground Croke Park is - although does anyone know why Alcohol isnt allowed into the actuall stand?

<div class='quotemain'> Once again, I am left embarrassed to be a Scottish Rugby Fan. [/b]

Have to agree there - although we did have a promising first 20, during which our support were quite vocal aswell, but just like the france game despite all the pressure we actually created bugger all!

Have to say, after that performance im am seriously doubting wether Frank Hadden should be the coach. Dont get me wrong, im not calling for his head yet (it would be suicide to sack him now) and I will support the team he puts out regardless, but Scotland have shown little sign of improvment. We still lacked that basic level of competency on saturday - and area that Frank refuses to work on in the belife that players at that level should have that competency.

He aslo harped on pre tournament about competition for places, well Frank the way scotland are playing simply isnt acceptable. Scotland 'A' ran 10 tries past their irish counterparts on friday, so failure to reward the good performers would suggest you are picking players on reputation alone. Pick that same team again and, if they dont pull of a good performance, then you will be searching for a new job!

On another note though, what a ground Croke Park is - although does anyone know why Alcohol isnt allowed into the actuall stand?
[/b][/quote]

I've never had a problem getting drink into the ground but then again I'm not foolish enough to pay their prices either, I've never had a coke bottle or hip flask taken off me but then I've never stood beside a steward while having a drink either.

As far as I'm aware the alochol policy is up to the stadium management so it's their call and what goes.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

I wouldnt single out Lamont, collectively they were terrible that said where is Lamonts Sale form for Scotland?
[/b][/quote]

Just saying that because twice for carneys and horans try he should of been there covering

Just saying that because twice for carneys and horans try he should of been there covering [/b]
Hmmmmmmm we were saying the same about Murphy after the French game (unfairly). you should stick Lamont in a full back next game round and he's sure to have a blinder :)

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> Once again, I am left embarrassed to be a Scottish Rugby Fan. [/b]

[/b][/quote]

I've never had a problem getting drink into the ground but then again I'm not foolish enough to pay their prices either, I've never had a coke bottle or hip flask taken off me but then I've never stood beside a steward while having a drink either.

As far as I'm aware the alochol policy is up to the stadium management so it's their call and what goes.
[/b][/quote]

Well, we managed to hide it but the people infront of us got caught by a steward. (although in our section we did have 2 stewards and a Garda!)

Although I did nearly forget it wasnt murrayfield and the stewards wouldnt just turn a blind eye! ;)

But that said, after 27 years of a 'dry' murrayfield, the scottish support are masters at the art of getting ethanol past the authorities! :D

1. Horan
2. Flannery (If fit, otherwise Best)
3. Hayes
4. O'Callaghan
5. O'Driscoll
6. Leamy
7. Wallace
8. Heaslip
9. Reddan
10. O'Gara
11. Kearney
12. Trimble
13. O'Driscoll
14. Bowe
15. Murphy

16. Best/Flannery
17. Buckley
18. O'Connell
19. Quinlan
20. Stringer
21. Wallace
22. Horgan

Wallace and Stringer only come on if there is an Injury, but all the rest ar Impact Subs.

Explaining my choices, Dempsey is unlucky to miss out on the 22 but he only covers Fullback where as Horgan covers Wing and Centre and Horgan would have more of an Impact of the bench.

Quinlan can cover 4-8 and has more of an Impact of the bench than Easterby

Jackman is unlucky to miss out and was not 100% at fault for all the lost lineouts but I think that Best is playing well and Flannery is the best Hooker in Ireland and he deserves to replace Jackman in the same way O'Connell did O'Kelly.

<div class='quotemain'> Just saying that because twice for carneys and horans try he should of been there covering [/b]
Hmmmmmmm we were saying the same about Murphy after the French game (unfairly). you should stick Lamont in a full back next game round and he's sure to have a blinder :) [/b][/quote]
Why unfair on Murphy? Stuck in a ruck for first try, but lost at sea for the other two. I suppose he couldn't do much when the French went all out for his wing, but still ...

I see Gatland is lining up O'Gara already.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Just saying that because twice for carneys and horans try he should of been there covering
[/b][/quote]

Good point actually, i russled up the strength to watch the highlights and you could see him being caught completely out of position.

Latest posts