• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland v Scotland

Webster in for the try and the Scots well and truly back in the match now.

Here comes the giant centre!

They seem a bit dubious on French tv, are they as dubious elsewhere?

Quality from ROG in the buildup, class try.

Mmh normally that wasn't a try but the action was beautiful, it's still deserved

I don't see what the problem with it was, it was all momentum from what I could see but you're right it was a sweet move.

De Luca again, why is he still in the team, he may have potential at Edinburgh but he cant take the pressure of international rugby.

Also, i hope that it is not a leg break for Hamilton, but with Scotlands recent luck, it will be

Well I said it before Murphy will probably put in a stormer, not quite, but impressive given his previous efforts, would have gone with Bowe though personally.

I don't see what the problem with it was, it was all momentum from what I could see but you're right it was a sweet move. [/b]

It seemed that Bowe crawled while being held by a Scot, this is very quick but you can see him take an impulsion (don't really know how to say that in english) on the field before crossing the line. If that was all momentum he would just have to move his arm behind the line.

But I would have allow it too, this was just a detail...

Hmm, well ultimately we missed plenty of chances but Ireland were much better with the ball in hand. 22-13 i thought would have been fairer but in the end the score didnt really represent the improvement we made. The problem is not only our dodgy attack but terrible defense, which is considerably worse than even Italy's.

Im trying hard not to moan so what i will say is the best of luck to Ireland to go on and complete the triple crown.

great Irish performance compared to recent weeks, Scotland still look very weak outside the pack and Jason White was sorely missed today.

He certainly would have added an extra physicality to the back row contest that's for sure.

Big improvement from us, particularly pleased at how we were able to hold out in the first half and the shackles certainly seemed to be released in the second half with a much improved performance.

The big question now though will that be enough to beat the Welsh? That should be a belter of a game, can't wait.

Strange game. I thought it was back to pre-RWC form, with Scotland much tougher at the breakdown and making our pack look weak in the loose. Plus they buggered out lineout in the first half. And still they end up losing 5-1 on tries!

Ireland scrum was good, especially the defensive one on 37 minutes. And the defence was 90+%. The new guys are generally outshining the old men, especially Heaslip and on the wings, and Murphy and ROG played great.

Don't know what to take from it, but there are some great matches to come.

2 tries from Bowe, one from Kearney and man of the match for Murphy is an impressive return from the back 3. Slightly strange performance in that for large parts Ireland weren't great but they were very clinical when they got an opportunity.

great Irish performance compared to recent weeks, Scotland still look very weak outside the pack and Jason White was sorely missed today.
[/b]

he was, but i think Strokosch had really good game. He made yards when he had the ball and was got around the pitch aswell. I would love to see him starting against England, but cant see a combination that could have White and Strokosch playing unless Strokosch moves to 8 (but i dont know if he can play there).

I don't think White was missed much, Strokosch performed much better than White has in any game since his return from injury and I hope he starts against England. White is a fantastic player but he's not producing the goods at the moment.

I think today showed more than anything that Henderson is just as much a weak link as Dan Parks. He doesn't know how to straighten up and draw players in and that makes it really hard for Webster/De Luca to find any gaps on the outside.

A Few Match Stats

[table=Top Carries][tr][td=width]Paterson[/td][td=width]11[/td][/tr][tr][td=width]Strokosch[/td][td=width]11[/td][/tr][tr][td=width]Walker[/td][td=width]8[/td][/tr][tr][td=width]Hogg[/td][td=width]7[/td][/tr][tr][td=width]Heaslip[/td][td=width]6[/td][/tr][/table]

[table=Top Tacklers][tr][td=width]D P Wallace[/td][td=width]20[/td][/tr][tr][td=width]Hayes[/td][td=width]11[/td][/tr][tr][td=width]O'Callaghan[/td][td=width]11[/td][/tr][tr][td=width]Strokosch[/td][td=width]9[/td][/tr][tr][td=width]Horan[/td][td=width]8[/td][/tr][/table]

[table=Most Missed Tackles][tr][td=width]B G O'Driscoll[/td][td=width]1[/td][/tr][tr][td=width]Blair[/td][td=width]1[/td][/tr][tr][td=width]Bowe[/td][td=width]1[/td][/tr][tr][td=width]Henderson[/td][td=width]1[/td][/tr][tr][td=width]Jacobsen[/td][td=width]1[/td][/tr][/table]

[table=Most Off-Loads][tr][td=width]Paterson[/td][td=width]3[/td][/tr][tr][td=width]Hines[/td][td=width]2[/td][/tr][tr][td=width]Cusiter[/td][td=width]1[/td][/tr][tr][td=width]D P Wallace[/td][td=width]1[/td][/tr][tr][td=width]Ford[/td][td=width]1[/td][/tr][/table]

[table=Most Errors][tr][td=width]Kearney[/td][td=width]3[/td][/tr][tr][td=width]Paterson[/td][td=width]3[/td][/tr][tr][td=width]Southwell[/td][td=width]3[/td][/tr][tr][td=width]Strokosch[/td][td=width]3[/td][/tr][tr][td=width]Henderson[/td][td=width]2[/td][/tr][/table]

Ireland - Minutes in Possession:

1st Half - 10.19
2nd Half - 12.46

Ireland - Minutes in Oppossion Half

1st Half - 11.20
2nd Half - 22.43

Scotland - Minutes in Possession:

1st Half - 15.16
2nd Half - 12.26

Scotland - Minutes in Oppossion Half

1st Half - 26.10
2nd Half - 15.15

From SAS Software Ltd.

That's some tackle count from Wallace, someone earned their ice-bath this evening.

Yeah, and Strokosch's case is strengthened as he is right up there in the top carriers of the ball

Latest posts