• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland v Scotland

Good news for Scotland then with Girvan Dempsey picking up a hip injury in training and is now in doubt for Satuday's match so Geordan Murphy has been called up to the squad.

That's another dangerous back Scotland have to watch out for. Bowe Murphy Kearney is a lot more dangerous than Bowe Dempsey Kearney. I'm looking forward to seeing Murphy play at fullback and I think people are being way too harsh on him for the loss against France. If he was splaying on the wing, you would have an argument as i think he is a pretty ordinary winger but he is an excellent fullback.

He was at full back in the previous 2 French games so that throws that argument about the window.

?? :huh:

Girvan Dempsey played fullback last two times we played France. Murphy was dropped from the RWC side and played on the wing in the Six Nations.

I was only talking about Six Nations matches, he's had enough chances and screwed up in either position too much to be given more chances.

Blair & Paterson v Reddan & O'Gara
that's very interesting.

Aside that challenge, I belive the scots has not eough shots to beat the irish at Croke Park.

Blair as new captain will lead his lads against a very talented squad. Irish season goal is the Triple Crown, they'll start to built it saturday. The first brick is Scotland.

Will the Highlanders score their first season try ??? I hope so.

Ireland by 14.

Paterson 100% kick ratio (as he's used to)

That's another dangerous back Scotland have to watch out for. Bowe Murphy Kearney is a lot more dangerous than Bowe Dempsey Kearney. I'm looking forward to seeing Murphy play at fullback and I think people are being way too harsh on him for the loss against France. If he was splaying on the wing, you would have an argument as i think he is a pretty ordinary winger but he is an excellent fullback. [/b]
Have to disagree - Dempsey is our most dangerous runner. He knows the lines in midfield, finds the gaps, and scores. Not flash, but who cares when he's gone over for some of our greatest tries?

Murphy could do well. I live in hope, because he is an exciting player.

Dropping Mick O'Driscoll would have been plain wrong.

I reckon this will be as close as last season, with Scotland hitting hard up front. Scrum will be interesting, with Ireland doing a lot better than in the pre-RWC match. But Reddan has to convince in the way he takes advantage of the forward platform and sets the backs going.

Nooooooooooooo Southwell at fullback, hes shite and can only do up and unders... :%#%#:

Every one stop saying murphy is shite hes not hes just been played out of position hes a shite wing an unreal fullback

<div class='quotemain'> Dempsey is our most dangerous runner. [/b]
Do you just have a really weird sense of humour? ;) [/b][/quote]
Name an alternative and I'll make jokes about him.

Good news for Scotland then with Girvan Dempsey picking up a hip injury in training and is now in doubt for Satuday's match so Geordan Murphy has been called up to the squad.
[/b]

thats bad newas for scotland murphy is better than dempsy full back Edie OS is just stupid

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

thats bad newas for scotland murphy is better than dempsy full back Edie OS is just stupid
[/b][/quote]

not defensively though

To be honest im delighted its Murphy from a Scottish perspective

Dempsey is quicker and nowadays better under the highball

To be honest im delighted its Murphy from a Scottish perspective

Dempsey is quicker and nowadays better under the highball
[/b]

Here's hoping we're building him up for a stormer!

Murphy is good under the high ball. He tends to go bananas when attacked with ball in hand - so no danger from Scotland!

Murphy is a very good player. He has experience, he plays for Tigers, he is an Irish international capped may times.

His skills are not to be proved in an very easy test match like this one v Scotland.

He is able to create space between wingers and centres returning a kick under pressure.

He is a good ball carrier too.

Ireland is going to play proud rugby against them.

It baffles me that after consistently failing for Ireland how much people are willing to defend this guy. I for one certainly hope to be proved wrong but I won't hold my breath.

Camberabero, he certainly does need to prove himself in this test match and to say a test match against Scotland is easy is something especially when the last 2 championship games have been won by a score.

Latest posts