• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland vs. Georgia

The Georgians are missing opportunities to off-load...a lot. 14-10 to Ireland so far.

Will greenwood-'what does he do? take his time and make sure the lineout doesn't happen..... or kick it off sideways'

:lol: gold

Well, Ireland was very close to get the bonus point ... but not the four tries one ...

WHAT A GAME!!!

That was the game of the Tournament for me, so far... Well done to Georgia, it just shows what a bit of money and a hell of a lot of national pride does...

Will greenwood-'what does he do? take his time and make sure the lineout doesn't happen..... or kick it off sideways'

:lol: gold [/b]

Sack Eddie Butler and hire Will Greenwood. Greenwood and Moore would be great!

I have no idea what Ireland have been doing these past few months. They've gone from a positon of supreme stregnth, standing astride the Northern Hemisphere as champions of all they survey (except the Grand Slam) and then two months go by and they're a sack of ****.

Is O'Sullivan really Andy Robinson in disguise? Will he suddenly try to draft in Mike Tindall and Jamie Noon as his new "unbeatable center pairing"?! Stay tuned!

Is O'Sullivan really Andy Robinson in disguise? Will he suddenly try to draft in Mike Tindall and Jamie Noon as his new "unbeatable center pairing"?! Stay tuned! [/b]

ssshhhhhh you will give away the RFU's biggest secret... they have actually secretly infultrated Irish Rugby... BOD is actually Mike Tindall...

I'll repeat what I said earlier on: Uuuuuuuuurrrrgggggh.

Fair dues to Georgia - in the post match interview, their captain congratulated the plucky Irish.

:lol: gold [/b]

Spot on! That's exactly why i am head-over-heels in love with Will Greenwood. The man is a commentating great. Someone should give him a fecking long term commentating contract - he's the fecking deal!

Ireland should be absolutely ashamed of themselves, that was a humiliating performance.
But...to call it humiliating would be condescending to Georgia. They played fantastically. They took the opportunity of the intercept try, they pushed so hard and by George(ia) i thought they were gonna get the try and upset it all.
Congratulations to Georgia - if the fans are feeling utter disappointment at the end of it then that's a good thing, because it truly means they know they could have won...should have won.

Irish eyes are certainly not smiling tonight.

I have no idea what Ireland have been doing these past few months. ............. two months go by and they're a sack of ****.[/b]
To be honest were scratching our heads over here too. They say you dont become a bad team over night and you dont, we've been working on it for 3 months now.

A lucky win against Georgia's second string side! Never mind the bonus point as it will be unimportant in the end. Unless things suddenly click, which they wont, were on for a beating in the next two matches. Eddie will play the same team against the French, get the same level of performance, but the score board will not be so forgiving. Game over, group over, tournament over.

A golden age of Irish rugby? .............. as Neil Francis just said after the Georgian match, "you have to laugh".

Well, Ireland was very close to get the bonus point ... but not the four tries one ... [/b]
Yep. No complaints here.

Ireland will need to do much better against the Pumas if they expect to go on to the knock out phase.

georgia could have won if they stopped going for those damn drop kicks at the end, they just needed to back themselves attacking coz they had irelands defense on the ropes, hahaha i remember when the irish use to talk their team up like the all blacks should fear them, by the looks of it use look like another team we'd score 100 points against

It was a good game, but Georgia made a lot of mistakes. :( I don't understand what happened with Ireland, I like the way they are playing. I thought they would beat us easily.

...hahaha i remember when the irish use to talk their team up like the all blacks should fear them, by the looks of it use look like another team we'd score 100 points against [/b]

As much as i would have previously argued vehemently for Ireland in saying that New Zealand should fear them, and as cocky and twatish as that remark about throwing 100 points on Ireland was - it's still bears a resemblance of the truth.
No New Zealand wouldn't put 100 on Ireland, but if Ireland played like that against NZ they certainly would have lost by half a century.

I didn't actually think it was possible for Ireland to put in a worse performance than we did against Namibia yet there you have the players well and truly delivered on that front tonight.

Absolutely cringeable stuff from Ireland. The embarrassment of actually roaring with delight when Dempsey scored his try just says it all, we were there in the pub cheering wildly and then looking at each other wondering what the f*** are we doing cheering as if we've just scored against the All Blacks.

Next Friday doesn't even bear thinking about.

for me that was the best match of the RWC so far, i was screaming for georgia in the last 10 minutes. exciting stuff.

We have lost the game but i`m really proud that i`m Georgian!
Today we had to win but the fortune was on the side of Ireland.Yes i know we aren`t such team as Ireland but today Georgian boys showed that we aren`t worse!They gave a show for all the world waching this match,Ireland was defending all 80minutes,sorry but New Zealand and such grands rarely can do the same with Ireland.

Go Go Go GEORGIAN LELOS!!!!!!!!!!!

We have lost the game but i`m really proud that i`m Georgian!
Today we had to win but the fortune was on the side of Ireland.Yes i know we aren`t such team as Ireland but today Georgian boys showed that we aren`t worse!They gave a show for all the world waching this match,Ireland was defending all 80minutes,sorry but New Zealand and such grands rarely can do the same with Ireland.

Go Go Go GEORGIAN LELOS!!!!!!!!!!!
[/b]

And rightly so, well done to the georgians the world of rugby is proud of such a performance from a team that is written off well before kick off to come within a whisker of the victory. And they want to cut the world cup to 16 teams next time round so we can deny teams like georgia a chance to show the world they they can stand up and be counted. Well done boiz :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: !

That was an absolutely awful performance by Ireland, taking nothing away from Georgia who played well but there was a period when I thought Ireland could lose the game.