• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland vs. Georgia

And rightly so, well done to the georgians the world of rugby is proud of such a performance from a team that is written off well before kick off to come within a whisker of the victory. And they want to cut the world cup to 16 teams next time round so we can deny teams like georgia a chance to show the world they they can stand up and be counted. Well done boiz :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: !
[/quote]

If Georgia could play more games with such teams as Irealnd we could have a moooore better result,but the IRB is killing the rugby in such countryes as Georgia,my possition is:the last team from six nations must be kicked of in Nations Cup and from there will rise Georgia or Romania,and so and so...but..... :(

And about Samoa ;) The Nation wichs population is only 400 000 as i know(if not please tell the real number)is playing in 20 best teams is the Hero country for me,i`m sure u are proud being Samoan,my congratulations for your really GOOD team.And lot of you didn`t know where this Georgian guys whete training in past,they where training on aspalt,not on grass,becaue they hadn`t stadium,today they`ve got only 2 rugby stadiums and it`s enough to play with Ireland on equal.So my congratulation for Georgians too:)And i`m for Samoa with England:)

40% of possession
30% of Terrority
Two damning statistics if Ive ever seen em, and that was the same in the Namibia match. You cant play rugby without the ball.
Eddie was right though, it was a better performance then last week problem is though it will take about 4 years to match any of the top sides. Your all screwed for the next world cup!

This is the begining of the show !
give us two rugby stadiums and only two years and then COME ON ! just only try to taste to play with 15 Georgian heroes in Tbilisi ! Come on !

Congrats to Ireland for hanging on for the win, but a very big congratulations to Georgia for making it such an entertaining game of rugby.

What still astounds me is the media (especially here in NZ) are still calling the IRB irresponsible for allowing 20 teams at the world cup?!

The fans seem to think otherwise. And Georgia has proven them right!

goodstuff georgia

the ballhandling was solid,much better then what i expected but im more suprised about the forwards!!!...the onlt thing lacking was a flamboyant finishing backline...but they still couldve beaten ireland with the one they had (which goes to show you what ireland are made of now a days)

goodstuff though..if there is anything that the pacific island teams dont have its technically sound enough forwards packs..

This game puts the argentina-georgia game under a different perspective

it shows that argentina was able to score 4 tries after resting only 3 days and with 6 subs, while ireland struggled to beat georgia

and lets not forget that georgia only had 3 days to rest and put 11 subs in the field

Wow! Georgia certainly are coming along in leaps and bounds.

And Ireland are going backwards!

Wow!! I´m still shocked, guess this is the first RWC of the Modern Era. With players from weaker nations playing in professional leagues, everything went even (except from 3N nations). The difference between Ireland and Georgia was, in my opinion, the way they chose to play the ball. Georgia had 62% of ball possession and 68% territorial, and they missed 4 drop goals (which they probably shouldnt have even tried, since they were winning yards with the forwards)! Georgian number 14 Giorgi Shkinin had a great game!
On the Irish side, I´m sure everything´s dissapointment right now. Some positives points: efficiency, they did quite a lot of damage with few balls and, which is most important in my opinion, great defense. They manage to conceed few penalties on important plays, and were many minutes in their 5 yards, and allowed no points. Looking forward to watch France - Ireland, and France Georgia!
This is really the group of death.

Wow!! I´m still shocked, guess this is the first RWC of the Modern Era. With players from weaker nations playing in professional leagues, everything went even (except from 3N nations). The difference between Ireland and Georgia was, in my opinion, the way they chose to play the ball. Georgia had 62% of ball possession and 68% territorial, and they missed 4 drop goals (which they probably shouldnt have even tried, since they were winning yards with the forwards)! Georgian number 14 Giorgi Shkinin had a great game!
On the Irish side, I´m sure everything´s dissapointment right now. Some positives points: efficiency, they did quite a lot of damage with few balls and, which is most important in my opinion, great defense. They manage to conceed few penalties on important plays, and were many minutes in their 5 yards, and allowed no points. Looking forward to watch France - Ireland, and France Georgia!
This is really the group of death. [/b]
I think you'll find this is the 3rd RWC of the Modern Era, also known as the Professional Era.

wow this was actually a great game! i dont know whether its ireland playing crap rugby or georgia playing good rugby, or georgia not letting ireland play good rugby coz of their good rugby (??) lol but that was a awesome performance by georgia! ireland had pretty much stink attack. the georgian halfback and flyhalf impressed me a lot, their touch kicking was also of the heezy! lol i can see a few players from these minnow teams gettng contracts from bigger clubs aye

did ireland play their best players? if they didn't does that mean their depth or 2nd stringers aren't good at all?

georgia
pro's - played to their strengths (i reckon) in the forwards, kicking was great, defense was more than satisfactory

con's - perhaps went for one drop goal to many?

ireland
pro's - hmm their defense to hold out a valiant georgian forward effort is duling noted

con's - lack in variation in attack. at times they didn't trouble georgia at all.

I think you'll find this is the 3rd RWC of the Modern Era, also known as the Professional Era.
[/b]

No, what I meant was that after this RWC things won´t be the same.

And about Samoa ;) The Nation wichs population is only 400 000 as i know(if not please tell the real number)is playing in 20 best teams is the Hero country for me...[/b]

Hey mate it's good to see some Georgians here on the forum :cheers: . Samoa itself as a nation holds just over 200,000 people and I believe there are about 500,000 Samoans world-wide. :rolleyes:

And congratulations to the Georgian rugby team for bringing such an entertaining and exciting performance on the the rugby stage. You certainly came out as the better team at the end and deserve more than the result. Just one thing that annoyed me was failing to off-load to any supporting team mate. There were times they would make a break but still kept the ball to themselves. Near the end of the game, a try would've surely been scored and the game won if that player off-loaded it. But overall that has been the best game so far in this competition. Hope you guys make it again in 2011.

<div class='quotemain'> ...hahaha i remember when the irish use to talk their team up like the all blacks should fear them, by the looks of it use look like another team we'd score 100 points against [/b]

As much as i would have previously argued vehemently for Ireland in saying that New Zealand should fear them, and as cocky and twatish as that remark about throwing 100 points on Ireland was - it's still bears a resemblance of the truth.
No New Zealand wouldn't put 100 on Ireland, but if Ireland played like that against NZ they certainly would have lost by half a century.

[/b][/quote]

Ireland always were overated. They became the form Northern Hemisphere overnight all because they didn't have the privlage of losing to us by 40 points at home like the French and Welsh did in November 2006 - if the schedule had been different and it was them losing 47-3 at Corke Park or Landsdowne I highly doubt they would be as hyped up as contenders like they were leading up to this tournament.

We never had a reason to fear them, and we won't have a reason to fear them until they achieve something. Those Portuguese and Georgians on the other hands, they have the physical aspect all sorted out, all players on both of those teams were built perfectly for the game in both the pack and the backline, give them 10 years and a squad of 30 professional players and they will be making some real noise.

I wonder what would have happened yesterday if Dimitri Yachvili have choosen to play for Georgia like his brother ...

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> ...hahaha i remember when the irish use to talk their team up like the all blacks should fear them, by the looks of it use look like another team we'd score 100 points against [/b]

As much as i would have previously argued vehemently for Ireland in saying that New Zealand should fear them, and as cocky and twatish as that remark about throwing 100 points on Ireland was - it's still bears a resemblance of the truth.
No New Zealand wouldn't put 100 on Ireland, but if Ireland played like that against NZ they certainly would have lost by half a century.

[/b][/quote]

Ireland always were overated. They became the form Northern Hemisphere overnight all because they didn't have the privlage of losing to us by 40 points at home like the French and Welsh did in November 2006 - if the schedule had been different and it was them losing 47-3 at Corke Park or Landsdowne I highly doubt they would be as hyped up as contenders like they were leading up to this tournament.

We never had a reason to fear them, and we won't have a reason to fear them until they achieve something. Those Portuguese and Georgians on the other hands, they have the physical aspect all sorted out, all players on both of those teams were built perfectly for the game in both the pack and the backline, give them 10 years and a squad of 30 professional players and they will be making some real noise.
[/b][/quote]hasnt that been the fundemental problem with new zealnd sides in the past going in saying we have nothing to fear and then getting dumped out in a big shock. maybe it is about time nz started fearing other teams and making sure they are aware of the dangers they pose every single game

I wonder what would have happened yesterday if Dimitri Yachvili have choosen to play for Georgia like his brother ...
[/b]

oo yes:)Dimitri is very good player,if he played for his real country(Georgia) i wonder really what would have happened yesterday.But this squad of Georgia proves that they can play in six nations,so we`ll wait for next matches and then we`re waiting news from IRB.

Also i want to say,yesterday Georgia was playing with his second squad ;) only in second half where playing the boys from firs team,isn`t it great?what a play with Ireland with second team :eek:

I was in a pub in barcelona full of irish, I was the only one supporting georgia (i like small teams) and when georgia scored i went bananas. The nice thing is that everyone smiled at me and I got a free drink from someone.

If it was football I would be lying on the floor with 3 or 4 teeth missing, what a great sport this is!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway at the end georgia just missed some simple set plays: since they could not go through a little kick or some variations could have caused the biggest upset in recent rugby history.

And my feeling is that ireland is gonna lose to france without getting any bonus point, which pretty much means only a miracle against argentina is going to get them through.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

oo yes:)Dimitri is very good player,if he played for his real country(Georgia) i wonder really what would have happened yesterday. [/b][/quote]

Dimitri Yachvili (born 19 September 1980 in Brive-la-Gaillarde, Limousin, France)

His father Michel was a French international before him. His paternal grandfather was a Georgian POW during the WWII in France, and his brother Grégoire chose to play for the Georgian national team. Since Georgia qualified to participate in the 2007 Rugby World Cup and will be in the pool of France, the two brothers may play against each other.

Wikipedia is as good as any other source for that! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimitri_Yachvili

Teh Mite:Since Georgia qualified to participate in the 2007 Rugby World Cup and will be in the pool of France, the two brothers may play against each other.

Unfortunatly Dimitry had a bad last season and isn`t plaiyng for France in this world cup :(

Hahahaha! And Ireland actually thought they had a chance at this world cup. The tri-nations teams are light years ahead of the NH "top contendors", this is now patently obvious