• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland vs. Georgia

Ireland's chances have come and gone now they fail against namibia and were awful against Georgia they need a change of some sort and nowif they lose to france they will be going home no doubt what happened to the great irish team of a few years ago

I don't see how Ireland "failed" against Namibia cosidering they collected 5 points.

Failed to impress for sure, but the job was done.

Slowly O'Rothlan is starting to realise that "a win is a win", to realise that "it may not be pretty and it may be boring, but we got a win in the bag".....

....slowly...O'Rothlan is turning into an...ENGLAND FAN! *cue sinister 1950s anti-communist film soundtrack*

Coming to a dodgy, run down cinema near you...only in Dublin.

Slowly O'Rothlan is starting to realise that "a win is a win", to realise that "it may not be pretty and it may be boring, but we got a win in the bag".....

....slowly...O'Rothlan is turning into an...ENGLAND FAN! *cue sinister 1950s anti-communist film soundtrack*

Coming to a dodgy, run down cinema near you...only in Dublin. [/b]
While your comments are funny and I understand your point I must clearly state in front of everyone that whilst your statement "O'Rothlan is turning into an...ENGLAND FAN!" was a metaphor for me coming to the understanding of what you as England Fan's have understood for ages ("a win is a win" no matter how ugly),
Sorry...had to get that out of my system. *wipes sweat from brow*</span>

Coming to a dodgy, run down cinema near you...only in Dublin.
[/b]

we don't do dodgy run down cinemas in Dublin I'll have you know. :bleh!:

Well what can i say .....

Was out in the pub watching this last night (twas my brothers 21st).

Well .... what can i say ? I started cheering for Georgia. I'm not sorry i did either.

Georgia played last night like we used to, speaking in terms of heart and determination i mean.

Just a few points ....

1. NH vs SH -> What in Gods name is wrong with the NH teams ????? I can't even think of a single reason why they are all crap. Someone mentioned that the SH teams have being playing rugby over the summer while we haven't. I don't think that's anywhere near a "reason" to explain the complete "crapness" thats going on.

2. I always knew Ireland were a bit overrated. People took FAR too much from the Autumn Internationals.

3. My faith in the team has being stripped away in two matches. Dreadful rugby from Ireland. I don't even want to try and talk about anything "good" from the play because its frankly crushed under the weight of the bad.

To me, it wouldn't matter if we lost against Georgia if we at least played with some bloody passion and tried!

When I joined the TRF, I made a statement that copped a lot of flak...today I still stand by that statement.

"Ireland are only good enough to win the Triple Crown" and that's the only major silverware this team can give their supporters.

Sorry to be so harsh but it's a fact. Wish you well in the future.

Who was the Georgian no 10 and who does he play for. He had a real big boot on him, and those 60m touchfinder won the arial ping-pong for his side and let them capitalise on forward play. A great no 10 performance in some respect, just a shame a few drops didn't go over.

The Georgians should feel rightly proud of their performance, and as others have pointed out, what an outstanding performance. I really wish that all the teams could compete on a regular basis. I trust that when Georgia leave this WC. They can hold their heads up high, because for me they are a fine example of things to come

I'm proud to be Georgien and to have such a great Team. I hope for the future............... Best best best wishes for our boys.

P.S rac magrebi vart qartvelebi vart )))))))))))

lelo,lelo saqartvelooooooooooo. georgia is very good. but irb dont want new teams in the world cup. i am georgiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

I love my team. Irleandianes are very proud team but they nothing may.

LELO, LELO, SAQARTVELOOOOOOOOO

In the match Irleand Vs Georgia's best player was giorgi shkinini becaus he taked "LELO" on our la :bleh!: :cheers: nguage

Ireland is seriously under their true level; which is not as great as many irish fans tend to think.

Georgia really shows how much 2nd and 3rd tier teams are improving. I have to admit that i said that it was better to reduce RWC to 16 teams, but the improvements of Georgia, Namibia (even though they were pummelled by France) between others are proving me wrong. Also is great to see the pride of Lelos on the field and their strengh and superb defensive game.

I´m looking foward for Pumas Namibia, and then Ireland which is not a derby (our derby is France) but it is an emotional match for Argentina as Ireland took us out of RWC2003.

When you consider the lack of facilities and opportunities in many teams, teams like Georgia and Namibia have really shown what heart and pride can achieve.

congrats to Ireland for the win, I just hope they pull something out the bag for the next one.

*points to all the Ireland nay-sayers*
F___ you, F___ you, F___ you, You're a midget, and may you be F___ed by a horse.

It's not over...true, Ireland are playing below form, but we have 2 wins.
C'mon! We Can Do This!

F___ you, F___ you, F___ you, You're a midget, and may you be F___ed by a horse.

C'mon! We Can Do This!
[/b]

O`Rothain don`t u think u are out of topic with your F____s? :huh:

<div class='quotemain'>

C'mon! We Can Do This!
[/b]

O`Rothain don`t u think u are out of topic with your F____s? :huh: [/b][/quote]
Uhm, hmmmm...let me ponder on that one...No.
Firstly it was a joke. Secondly, thanks for the neg rep. I wasn't critisizing you lovely georgian lelos...in fact if you read above I praised them for their heroics.
I just get sick of the Ireland bashing..."They're not as great as people say they are" or "It's just hype."
Hang around the forum long enough and you'll see.