• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Irish teams might be reducing the number of non Irish qualified players

Galarza was short term injury cover for Toner and Cullen. Once they regained fitness, he didn't feature again. Newland was short term injury cover for Wright. When Wright came back, Newland was gone. They were no more project players than Melck and Morland were when they signed 3 month contracts with Munster a couple of seasons ago. All were emergency injury cover.

But cover for Wright when AIs were on I'll accept
You see that wasnt so hard now was it.

but they got Shawe in too so guess you forgot that.
Didnt think it relevent. He was brought in as cover for McCormack in pre-season (from Ballymena) and kept on when McCormack eventually retired. Nothing to do with this really.

As for the rest. Struggling to understand what your saying. Have a feeling I'm not missing much though so didnt really try to hard.

Don't get me wrong here.
The offical quota is 6 players (inclusive of 1 project) per season.

Those 2 lads were signed and Leinster had room for 1 NIQ. So as was case with Justin Melck (Morland took up a NIQ spot) a special dispensation was given. But the put this into the category of project player to protect the quota.
Will these players ever be full projects - No
But this is just way IRFU categorise them. Look it a stupid argument I'm just saying it as it is dealt with like call them short term cover or whatever because that all they are I'm just saying how it's dealt with in terms of quota

Latest posts