• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Is it just me or are wales getting a bit cocky?

Not any cockier than some of the Irish fans and pundits who have been known to be when blowing their own teams trumpet. Wales are winning and playing some nice rugby, they have taken some continuity from the WC and all power to them... the cocky fans and pundits are not worth worrying about... having said that Johnathon Davies has got to be the most annoying rugby voice on the go.

Why does everyone dislike Jiffy? I think he's the best the Beeb have got.

Why does everyone dislike Jiffy? I think he's the best the Beeb have got.

The best the been have got is the same as being the least ugly fat chick.

And "Jiffy" is equally annoying and whiny as Barry McGuigan.

Don't think the vast majority of Welsh posters have been cocky at all.Cast your mind back to the Wales-England game.Beforehand most Welsh posters were predicting a narrow Welsh victory with the odd one even saying England.Hardly evidence of an overinflated national ego.I'm enjoying the success of the national side but don't intend getting cocky.

Don't worry france will put you in your place. :D

Wow ...

They+see+you+trollin+_27649f350244d633a097187fe85e5b35.jpg

This Thread has amused me all sorts. I love it when a thread goes out of hand when posters use such intelligent words such as crap with no explanation why?

To me when you say Crap, you refer to a player that has never possessed the ability to be playing at the level that he/she is playing at. Now forgive me if I'm wrong, but wasn't D'arcy and O'Driscoll considered as one of the best center partnership of the northern Hemisphere at one time? Now to me that's just form that has gone against them, not their ability.

Also the definition of "Welsh Fan" is certainly up for discussion.

To me a Welsh Fan/Rugby Fan is a person that has supported their side through thick and thin; even through those dark 90's and Pre World Cup Hansen days. A person that sheds a little tear when 70,000 people unite to sing "Hen Wlad".

A Welsh Fan is not a person that uses a winning Rugby side as an excuse to go to the pub and get drunk as well as only knowing enough to know the ball is not completely round!!!!

I'm not against the second group of people (They are the people that fill the pubs and buy the expensive tickets - most show the desire to learn more about the game), but to generalize a whole group of supporters because an bunch of individuals (that fit the above description) start running their mouth thinking they know the lot.

Theres a reason to be optimistic around Welsh rugby, we're on a high and must enjoy winning while we can. Those of us that actually follow rugby know that the two remaining matches (and those that have passed) are going to be tough encounters. I am not taking a win against Italy as a sure thing. And obviously France can take on anyone when they turn up.

CONFIDENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the best Welsh team I have ever seen and if I was Welsh I would be cocky about it.

Last edited:
To be fair to Wales they look pretty legit. Since September they've looked like the real deal. The 05 and 08 teams were built on more flimsy foundations imo. These guys are a genuinely world class international team. The players seem to prefer playing for their country to playing for their clubs which is unusual in Europe. Of a fully fit starting Welsh XV the following are world class players in my eyes; Jenkins, Jones, Wyn Jones, Warburton, Phillips, Roberts, North, Halfpenny

Lydiate and Davies are also very good.

Faletau, Cuthbert and Charteris are all playing very well as well. I'm slightly weary of Charteris. He played very well for Wales in the RWC but I always thought he was a bit of a dud before then. I think Cuthbert will struggle to stay in the team soon. He's playing well but I still think he mite be a bit of a Banahan. Faletau hasn't looked as good as he did in the RWC but he's still good.

Priestland's ok but not as good as I originally thought. Needs to improve his kicking game. And Wales have no particularly good Hookers. But that's it for negatives. 2. And they're not real negatives. Rees and Bennett are passable international hookers.

I'd back Wales to win at least 1 game in the summer tour. Where are they going again?

To be fair to Wales they look pretty legit. Since September they've looked like the real deal. The 05 and 08 teams were built on more flimsy foundations imo. These guys are a genuinely world class international team. The players seem to prefer playing for their country to playing for their clubs which is unusual in Europe. Of a fully fit starting Welsh XV the following are world class players in my eyes; Jenkins, Jones, Wyn Jones, Warburton, Phillips, Roberts, North, Halfpenny

Lydiate and Davies are also very good.

Faletau, Cuthbert and Charteris are all playing very well as well. I'm slightly weary of Charteris. He played very well for Wales in the RWC but I always thought he was a bit of a dud before then. I think Cuthbert will struggle to stay in the team soon. He's playing well but I still think he mite be a bit of a Banahan. Faletau hasn't looked as good as he did in the RWC but he's still good.

Priestland's ok but not as good as I originally thought. Needs to improve his kicking game. And Wales have no particularly good Hookers. But that's it for negatives. 2. And they're not real negatives. Rees and Bennett are passable international hookers.

I'd back Wales to win at least 1 game in the summer tour. Where are they going again?

Australia

Australia

Maybe I'm being overly worried but I have a bad feeling that we'll go out to Oz ranked 4th and return home a couple of places lower and therefore draw a top seed for the next RWC.

Any cocky taffs out there to boost my confidence? :eek:

Maybe I'm being overly worried but I have a bad feeling that we'll go out to Oz ranked 4th and return home a couple of places lower and therefore draw a top seed for the next RWC.

Any cocky taffs out there to boost my confidence? :eek:
Don't worry mate, we're gonna ****ing do em ;)

Pretty sure the seedings are finalized after the summer tours.

I think it's at the beginning of December, so we'll just make up the lost ground with a 50 point hammering over the All Blacks in Cardiff:cool:

Pretty sure the seedings are finalized after the summer tours.

Thanks that is what I thought, seems stupid to do it so early lots of rugby to play before 2015. I am sure the IRB have reasons.

Latest posts