• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Is it just me or are wales getting a bit cocky?

Looks like some *****ing going on at the IRB and people not wanting Wales to have home advantage during 2015 at the Millennium.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17233462

I can kind of see the other teams point as they are not the host nation as such. I don't think it would bother Wales playing in Manchester or Liverpool etc.

Last edited:
To be fair to Wales they look pretty legit. Since September they've looked like the real deal. The 05 and 08 teams were built on more flimsy foundations imo. These guys are a genuinely world class international team. The players seem to prefer playing for their country to playing for their clubs which is unusual in Europe. Of a fully fit starting Welsh XV the following are world class players in my eyes; Jenkins, Jones, Wyn Jones, Warburton, Phillips, Roberts, North, Halfpenny

Lydiate and Davies are also very good.

Faletau, Cuthbert and Charteris are all playing very well as well. I'm slightly weary of Charteris. He played very well for Wales in the RWC but I always thought he was a bit of a dud before then. I think Cuthbert will struggle to stay in the team soon. He's playing well but I still think he mite be a bit of a Banahan. Faletau hasn't looked as good as he did in the RWC but he's still good.

Priestland's ok but not as good as I originally thought. Needs to improve his kicking game. And Wales have no particularly good Hookers. But that's it for negatives. 2. And they're not real negatives. Rees and Bennett are passable international hookers.

I'd back Wales to win at least 1 game in the summer tour. Where are they going again?

What a damning thing to put upon a young lad. I'd been very scepitical over Cuthbert up until the Scotland game (And he had a quite week in Twickenham, too) and he probably will fall back out of the team once Stoddart is fit (And I'd like to see Harries get back into form as well), but I'd never put him in the same boat as HMS Banahan, arguably the worst winger I've seen playing top-level international rugby. Plus Cuthbert finally looks to have sorted/to be sorting out his hands, which was his main problem, so I'll take him as an extra option.

Priestland hasn't been as good as he was in the RWC, but he's still a vastly superior player to himself a few years ago, and is above all NH FHs bar Trinh-Duc in my eyes (Sexton's close, mind).

In my eyes, our world-class players would be: Gethin Jenkins, Adam Jones, Sam Warburton, George North, Jamie Roberts, Leigh Halfpenny. On top of this, Mike Phillips, Rhys Priestland, Alun Wyn Jones, Toby Faletau and James Hook are all capable of putting in world-class displays on their day.

What a damning thing to put upon a young lad. I'd been very scepitical over Cuthbert up until the Scotland game (And he had a quite week in Twickenham, too) and he probably will fall back out of the team once Stoddart is fit (And I'd like to see Harries get back into form as well), but I'd never put him in the same boat as HMS Banahan, arguably the worst winger I've seen playing top-level international rugby. Plus Cuthbert finally looks to have sorted/to be sorting out his hands, which was his main problem, so I'll take him as an extra option.

Priestland hasn't been as good as he was in the RWC, but he's still a vastly superior player to himself a few years ago, and is above all NH FHs bar Trinh-Duc in my eyes (Sexton's close, mind).

In my eyes, our world-class players would be: Gethin Jenkins, Adam Jones, Sam Warburton, George North, Jamie Roberts, Leigh Halfpenny. On top of this, Mike Phillips, Rhys Priestland, Alun Wyn Jones, Toby Faletau and James Hook are all capable of putting in world-class displays on their day.

Argh! Too many nautical references.

Added to that the bolded bit is off.

If HMS Banahan could fit into another boat, that would imply that it is most likely a small, fast and agile tactical boat.

Or that Alex Cuthbert is some kind of oil tanker or similarly sized shipping craft. Either way, the idea of inserting Matt Banahan into Alex Cuthbert is turning me right of my coffee.

Jimmy-Wales-wikipedia-458287_400_600.jpg

Look at him the smug *******.

[/QUOTE]Priestland hasn't been as good as he was in the RWC, but he's still a vastly superior player to himself a few years ago, and is above all NH FHs bar Trinh-Duc in my eyes (Sexton's close, mind).

In my eyes, our world-class players would be: Gethin Jenkins, Adam Jones, Sam Warburton, George North, Jamie Roberts, Leigh Halfpenny. On top of this, Mike Phillips, Rhys Priestland, Alun Wyn Jones, Toby Faletau and James Hook are all capable of putting in world-class displays on their day.[/QUOTE]
You really think he is the second best European outhalf... I'm not going to argue to much re:Sexton due to his debatable international form, but better than O'Gara, really?

Last edited:

Latest posts