• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Is rugby your favourite sport?

Yes. I also enjoy League, Football, NFL, Cricket, and Baseball.

Rugby: Llanelli RFC, Scarlets, Welsh Rugby Union
League: Brisbane Broncos, Wales Rugby League
Football: Swansea City, FA Wales
NFL: New Orleans Saints
Cricket: Glamorgan County Cricket Club, England and Wales Cricket Board
Baseball: Houston Astros

Rugby is my favourite sport, but I am almost equally obsessed with cricket.
After that, the sports that I enjoy/follow the most are: Tennis > Football (Soccer) > Rugby League > Baksetball > Netball > Ping Pong > Hockey > Darts > Ultimate Frisby

So for me it's:
1. Rugby
2. Cricket

3. Tennis
4. Football
5. League

6. Basketball

7. Netball
8. Ping Pong
9. Hockey
10. Darts
11. Ultimate

Rugby is my favourite sport, but I am almost equally obsessed with cricket.
After that, the sports that I enjoy/follow the most are: Tennis > Football (Soccer) > Rugby League > Baksetball > Netball > Ping Pong > Hockey > Darts > Ultimate Frisby

So for me it's:
1. Rugby
2. Cricket

3. Tennis
4. Football
5. League

6. Basketball

7. Netball
8. Ping Pong
9. Hockey
10. Darts
11. Ultimate

How is Hockey on your list and not NFL? :eek:

Literally just never got into. I don't get it on TV so I've never had the chance to properly watch it. Same with Baseball and Ice Hockey.

You don't have NFL coverage in NZ? That is shocking to me. Back in the UK, Sky used to show NFL games often (granted, I never watched until I moved to The States). I know that in Australia it has a decent following as well.

You don't have NFL coverage in NZ? That is shocking to me. Back in the UK, Sky used to show NFL games often (granted, I never watched until I moved to The States). I know that in Australia it has a decent following as well.
No we do, just not me. I don't have pay TV.... actually I don't watch TV at all anymore lol, I do it all online.
I spose I could probs stream some NFL, but I just don't have the interest to do so.

I love rugby but I loved playing gridiron. The fitness appealed and the hits are much bigger. I've done every main contact sport out there bar ice hockey and I've never been hit as hard as I have in gridiron

Rugby is, by far. Followed by League, Equestrian Polo, Cricket, AFL, Soccer. I also enjoy doing Weightlifting, Basketball, Tennis and Swimming.

I like the All Blacks and Super rugby and a bit of Kiwi provincial rugby
I would like to like other rugby but I simply don't have time to watch much between work, and family activities.

Follow religiously:
NCAA Football
NFL
MLB

Have a team I support, but don't follow day to day:
NHL
International Soccer
NCAA Basketball

Catch the big events:
NBA
Tennis
Golf

I'm fairly new to rugby, but I'm definitely hooked on it. American football is still my favorite sport to watch, but not by much. Here's my Top 5.

1. American Football
2. Rugby (all forms)
3. Baseball
4. Basketball
5. Ice Hockey

Last edited:
1 Rugby Union-Glasgow Warriors
2 Football-Arsenal
3 Rugby League-Leigh Centurions
4 Cricket-Lancashire-Casual fan
5 Horse Racing
6 Golf-Playing not watching.

Follow religiously:
NCAA Football
NFL
MLB

Have a team I support, but don't follow day to day:
NHL
International Soccer
NCAA Basketball

Catch the big events:
NBA
Tennis
Golf
i love how there is no mention of rugby here whatsoever, which begs the question....

No we do, just not me. I don't have pay TV.... actually I don't watch TV at all anymore lol, I do it all online.
I spose I could probs stream some NFL, but I just don't have the interest to do so.
do we? i know we couldn't see the 'world' series baseball

i like sports. I don't really play any at the moment, have loads in the past. but i watch. in terms of watching,

i don't want them to be my whole life. sports are very addictive for me, so I'm very careful with them. hence i watch very few these days:

1. rugby (at least some of every type of rugby available to me in NZ, including all All Blacks games, almost all other tier one international mens games, most super rugby games involving New Zealand teams, a smattering of provincial (below super rugby) NZ games, all Black Ferns games.

other than rugby, I watch international games involving New Zealand in the following sports
2. mens cricket (about 40% of matches)
3. womens netball (about 30% of matches)
4. mens international league (about 20% of matches)

rugby is my favourite because it is multi dimensional, different styles can compete equally with each other, psychology is important individually and as a group, momentum swings, tactics and strategies, running and bashing into people feels primal, different types of people can be good, it's one of the few sports that is still enjoyable when it isn't close, etc.

in the past I have enjoyed watching a lot of different sports, but rugby has always been may favourite.

Rugby and football my top couple, those are the ones id get up in the middle of the night to watch.

But since moving to Aussie i've really gotten into AFL, its a great mix of the physicality of rugby but the professionalism and club rivalry or football, even in the off season all the transfers and drafts are in the paper unlike rugby that very must goes into hiatus

Interesting that the NHL is very popular here, i've had two jobs since moving and both have had groups of guys that have got into it, apparently you can get a pretty cheap season membership to watch games on line if you're outside the USA so they come into work to watch before starting.