It Should Be A Game

Discussion in 'General Gaming Chat' started by Mr. Laxative, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Mr. Laxative

Mr. Laxative Guest

Okay, that Lattimorx Industries thing is no longer happening, and this has nothing to do with it. I would like to have people submit game concepts. Why don't we just post them here, if that is alright with NZL. I want this to be like my 'make your own game 1' topic should have been. We discuss what we would love to turn into a game, no questions asked, no contracts at all!

There is a similar topic on the OPS2 forum.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. CeeJay

CeeJay Guest

Id be careful Jacko theyre on your ass!! I dont think your allowed to even mention
    La*****morx Ind****tries here on the nazi forum....oops I men rugby of course.

I think that we should focus on sports games, and the little things that the never seem to get right, like different celebrations for winning big games, huge celebrations for winning the super bowl and other comps etc. I want to see like a ten minute seqence of player celebrating, then it calms down and you see them recieve the mvp and what not. then a victory lap and team photo. Very few sports games do this, and I wouldnt be that hard. They just need to use th in game engine to create it.

4. NZL Fan

NZL Fan Guest

I don't have a problem with any thread that keeps to topic, and doesn't start to filter through other unrelated threads...........

I think the great games of rugby union and cricket should be made into a video game..............(what they have already???, could have fooled me.............. [​IMG] )

5. Celebration scenes are short, because they generally get very boring and tedious after 30 seconds.

Most people skip past them if possible.

6. woosaah

woosaah Guest

agreed, take the haka in rugby 2005, how many times have people watched it?

i actually know people that didn't even know it was in the game until i showed them, that imo was a bit of a waste (and it looked like crap)

7. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

I still watch it when I play against the AB's.

Admitidly, an international team gets used about as often as Haley's Comet passes us by, but still.

8. CeeJay

CeeJay Guest

Im tallkin about th super bowl(or ant comp fianl), I want big, long celebrations theres nothing worse than a pop up box that says congratulations youve won, or worse nothing! normal celebrations should be short I agree, I skip them myself, but I would still like to see celebrations that indicate the significance of the game you just won(they can achieve this and still be short) but when I get to the big show, I want it to be a big show.

I also think that what ESPN done(xbox only I think) with the half time show complete with highlights and a halftime hero, and a fulltime show with highlights and an interview with the star player was awsome, I only ever skipped that when I lost!

9. woosaah

woosaah Guest

Wasnt the game "rugby" on ps2 when you won a comp they would run around the field with confetti everywhere? they ran around for ages doing cartwheels and stuff?

or am i thinking of something else (the image i have in my head is some crappy rugby annimations doing it)

10. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    ..which would mean more precious memory being used up by more pointless animations and frippery. Its ok if you have the manpower (or the motion capture facilities) to do it but it shouldnt be at the expense of dev time on the important aspects. As long as it a nice "reward" for the player it doesnt have to be a 10 minute epic.

11. Ripper

Ripper Guest

They should make a Gumball 3000 Game, That could be preety sweet if done properly. And definatly Rollerball or whatever you call it.

12. woosaah

woosaah Guest

gumball 3000? whats that? rollerball eh dunno if that would make a good came

what about the cannonball run [​IMG] actually i see potential in that one

13. kaftka

kaftka Guest

Bullrush!!

14. CeeJay

CeeJay Guest

Anyone ever complete NHL 2004 stanley cup, that was perfect and at a guess id say it was about 4 or 5 minues long. perhaps 10 is too much but you get what im after.

Yeah rugby did have them doing victory laps for ages, this was a very very good idea for its time, but it was let down by some of the gayest animation seen in a sports game.

15. Ripper

Ripper Guest

I'LL KILL YOU!

Nah, Seriously...

A GTA Which I would like to see is preety much Liberty City, Vice City, San Andreas (Los Santos, San Fierro and Las Venturas) combined on one big map as well as some New Places (Cuba, Russia e.t.c). All on Next Gen Consoles of course.

16. ..::ERIC::..

..::ERIC::.. Guest

f*** yeah.

17. A updated cover for TRF Warriors: The Fight For Pride
    [​IMG]

18. kaftka

kaftka Guest

I'll give you 50 points if you can truthfully say that they aren't random Japanese symbols on either side of the sword.

19. They are the japanese/chinese symbols for "Pride" actually [​IMG]

20. kaftka

kaftka Guest

Meh, I'll take your word for it.

+50 pts.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!