Getofmeland

The Dorset Drinker
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Bath
Right Everyone,

Italy is licensed, this was a local announcement within Italy, which lead to the images being available elsewhere. I understand they have the same rights as Wales, Scotland and Ireland Licences, but will confirm that at a later date.

Sorry for the delay I was waiting on HB Studios Response before I posted anything.

Unfortunately no exclusive images yet... but I am working on it...

The current images are hear tho...

Italy1.jpg

Italy1.jpg

Italy2.jpg

Italy2.jpg

Enjoy!

mirco bergamasco looks great! Thanks getofmland, waiting for the full italy licenses info! :)

The in-game graphics look ok, the crowd is poorly done however, I can see the same guy 8 times

The in-game graphics look ok, the crowd is poorly done however, I can see the same guy 8 times
Aren't we getting a tad anal lol who cares if it's the same guy 800 times? With most sports games you dont really take much notice of the crowd when you're playing anyway. Good work getofmeland, that's all the 6nations teams and Springboks licensed any word on the pacific island teams or the likes of georgia, russia and the rest of the minows?

Aren't we getting a tad anal lol who cares if it's the same guy 800 times? With most sports games you dont really take much notice of the crowd when you're playing anyway. Good work getofmeland, that's all the 6nations teams and Springboks licensed any word on the pacific island teams or the likes of georgia, russia and the rest of the minows?

Finally someone with sense !!!! it's the crowd, who gives a ****
I like the Australian jersey but looks like i'll have to change the half backs name to burgess instead of genia:D

Even though the "6 nations" tournament isn't licensed, I don't see why this game can't have a "6 countries" competition in it...

Pro 12 could be in Rugby Challenge, hence why Italy gave the same license as Wales Scotland and Ireland.

This is exactly what we are trying to avoid seeing as we do not have an Australian license.

I get that but come on!! The real Australian props are massive guys, you dont need to make them scrum half sized in the game because of this!!

(although thinking about it..... that would be really funny!)

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by HB_Glen
This is exactly what we are trying to avoid seeing as we do not have an Australian license.

Glen come on bro! In Cricket 2007 India isn't licensed, but EA didn't go and make the team white. Come on, you could have at least made him black - that doesn't mean **** to the union! I'm sorry but I'm actually a bit ****** off at how you guys have handled this license thing. In the cricket games they made the names really similar, the skills appropriate and the dude the correct f#*king skin-colour! There is no legal obligation for you to make Will Genia white and completely c*#k up the rest of Australia and New Zealand. It's just a slap in the face to your loyal fans you have purchased rugby game after rugby game and I am having serious doubts about weather I'm going to buy this game or not

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by HB_Glen

Glen come on bro! In Cricket 2007 India isn't licensed, but EA didn't go and make the team white. Come on, you could have at least made him black - that doesn't mean **** to the union! I'm sorry but I'm actually a bit ****** off at how you guys have handled this license thing. In the cricket games they made the names really similar, the skills appropriate and the dude the correct f#*king skin-colour! There is no legal obligation for you to make Will Genia white and completely c*#k up the rest of Australia and New Zealand. It's just a slap in the face to your loyal fans you have purchased rugby game after rugby game and I am having serious doubts about weather I'm going to buy this game or not

how come in Rugby 08, Caucau is R Buacaucauni and looks like Caucau with same stats

why didn't they choose not to do that?

how come in Rugby 08, Caucau is R Buacaucauni and looks like Caucau with same stats

why didn't they choose not to do that?

Exactly, and Nicky Little was N.Large (sarcastic haha) with correct stats. And the unlicesned french teams and Barbarian teams also had the same feature. What I have to say to HB, to quote Entourage: "I knew you'd f#*k me you prick"

<meta charset="utf-8">Glen come on bro! In Cricket 2007 India isn't licensed, but EA didn't go and make the team white. Come on, you could have at least made him black - that doesn't mean **** to the union! I'm sorry but I'm actually a bit ****** off at how you guys have handled this license thing. In the cricket games they made the names really similar, the skills appropriate and the dude the correct f#*king skin-colour! There is no legal obligation for you to make Will Genia white and completely c*#k up the rest of Australia and New Zealand. It's just a slap in the face to your loyal fans you have purchased rugby game after rugby game and I am having serious doubts about weather I'm going to buy this game or not

dude i think its luke burgess and genia will be on the bench. also, we dont really know about what ratings they will have yet. lets wait for all the info to come out and then criticize.

I imagine (though this is just a guess) that GB_Glenn and AJ know more about the licensing and what they can and can't do...

With the Fiji players in 08, they may have been able to do that because, while they didn't get a license, a different game didn't come out with exclusive license
So Sidhe (HESs) license might say you can't have anything similar, whereas just not having a license might give you free reign to do what you want as long as it's not identical

dude i think its luke burgess and genia will be on the bench. also, we dont really know about what ratings they will have yet. lets wait for all the info to come out and then criticize.

As if Burgess would ever in a billion years start over Genia. And Glen said they did that for the license issue, implying that that is meant to be "Genia". They've also stated that there will be no likeness and the stats won't be correct (EG New Zealand's flyhalf probably won't be rated in the 90's like Carter would be)

I imagine (though this is just a guess) that GB_Glenn and AJ know more about the licensing and what they can and can't do...

With the Fiji players in 08, they may have been able to do that because, while they didn't get a license, a different game didn't come out with exclusive license
So Sidhe (HESs) license might say you can't have anything similar, whereas just not having a license might give you free reign to do what you want as long as it's not identical

no, the thing is, I was speaking to my lawyer cousing about it and she said there is absolutely no legal trouble they can get in

Last edited:

no, the thing is, I was speaking to my lawyer cousing about it and she said there is absolutely no legal trouble they can get in

Latest posts