• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Its time to beat big brother

D

Dave

With Thursday being D-Day for the Blackcaps, its also the time that the accolades are payed back for those who claimed this is the best NZ side of all time. I think its time we play Australia like they are not above us, but equal, and moreso below us. I know the USA attack was poor, but I think Astle, McMillan are capable of similar performances if they dont indimidate themselves by being too defensive when they come up against Australia. Its time we beat them at their own game and be proactive rather than reactive.

If the NZ batsmen try and play exactly the same way against the US and Aus attacks, then the latter will bowl them out for out 50. Glen McGrath and Brett Lee are a cut above the American openers.

Aus v NZ looks like it could be the match to watch in the group stages. NZ are certainly an outfit capable of upsetting the favourites.

Originally posted by woodie@Sep 13 2004, 07:18 AM
Aus v NZ looks like it could be the match to watch in the group stages. NZ are certainly an outfit capable of upsetting the favourites.
Im glad the Poms are on our side
<

afew people have called this game the final.
whoever wins this game will probably go all the way.
how the hell the #1 and #2 ranked odi sides get put in the same group is beyond me.
im actually expecting NZ to win this tournoment.
AUS are a awesome side but if we beat them then i think our chance will probably jump up abit.
the key to us winning is stephen flemming, hes the best captain in the world and hes a bloody ruthless *******. his captancy places him in that elite group of players that aussie genuinly worry about (that group being... Flemming, Tendulkar, Lara & Bond).
my prediction is the winner of this game will win it.

We're making a fool of this yank team. It seems they'll be all out before they get to 70.

Originally posted by shiznit@Sep 13 2004, 02:14 PM
afew people have called this game the final.
whoever wins this game will probably go all the way.
how the hell the #1 and #2 ranked odi sides get put in the same group is beyond me.
im actually expecting NZ to win this tournoment.
AUS are a awesome side but if we beat them then i think our chance will probably jump up abit.
the key to us winning is stephen flemming, hes the best captain in the world and hes a bloody ruthless *******. his captancy places him in that elite group of players that aussie genuinly worry about (that group being... Flemming, Tendulkar, Lara & Bond).
my prediction is the winner of this game will win it.
$5 says David Gallop has something to do with this.

Damn I want to watch this.
What will I be doing if I don't have Sky installed.

Watching my bananas. WooHoo look at'em go!!

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Sep 13 2004, 08:56 PM
Damn I want to watch this.
What will I be doing if I don't have Sky installed.

Watching my bananas. WooHoo look at'em go!!
After a good start NZ lost to quick wickets Astle for 18 and Marshall for 0 NZ are 42/2 ATM after 10 overs Fleming and Styris at the crease keep you updated

Don't worry it is only a couple of wickets....as long as the run rate doesn't freak out and stop dead in it's tracks.
<

New Zealand are pathedic. I was looking fwd to staying up and watching this one, hopefully they can still pull something out of the hat to keep things mildly interesting.

Why is it a disgrace? Aussie are a bloody good team mate, I can't see anybody beating them. McGrath and Kasprowics were awesome, full credit to the aussies. They dried up our runs and forced us to choke. Good on Vettori and McCullum for giving us those bonus runs in the end. Why the selectors continue to use Mills is beyond me.

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Sep 17 2004, 07:48 AM
Why the selectors continue to use Mills is beyond me.
Mils out of form and Marshall out for a duck. They should go back to rugby
<

We can't beat big brother at the moment so it looks like big brother won't be bothered watching us for the meantime. In fact I think big brother went to sleep an hour before the end.
<

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Sep 17 2004, 07:48 AM
Why the selectors continue to use Mills is beyond me.
Finally someone agrees with me whats wrong with trying Butler or someone else i told ya if we were gonna lose we would get wasted it always happens against Aussie well we play them in November will be interesting

Originally posted by Wally@Sep 17 2004, 05:57 PM
Does anyone know what the semis will look like?
Semi 1
Australia Vs Sri Lanka/England
Semi 2
South Africa/West Indies Vs Pakistan/India

What the Blackcaps proved last night was that they aren't even in the top 5 of ODI teams. They arent fit 'mentally' to compete against the top nations. I think it also prooves that the Kenya knockout win was a bit of a fluke.
That dismissal of Cairns was as bad as it gets. Lack of focus to have so little footwork for an International class player. Andrew Symonds showed what a class allrounder bats like.

Latest posts