• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

I've become friends

Hello friends and I have very little to launch the new patch, basically it is an update of the kits of the 2016-2017 season and adding to the new teams that were emerging in the season 2016 jagures, sunwolves, southern king and some more, Modifying some posters and logos.Unfortunately I do not have much as before and there are not many people who follow rugby 08, but I and thanks to the help of some active members of the forum we continue daldo life to this great game, know to have patience will soon come to light.

@peter83 thank you for making a new patch for R08 and everyone who helped you! Appreciate it a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
To all those who support this mod, I have good news.

I am probably about 90% through a 2017 roster and aim to have it close to completion within the next two weeks.

Just a few of the International teams need to be done, plus I will need to double check for any bugs (orange headgear, mis-matching face and skin colour, stats... etc).

I will list the teams that have been created and their corresponding id numbers in the hope they help those who are creating kits to identify which teams to overwrite or replace.

I know some teams already exist (Bristol, Worcester) but since these teams have recently been promoted - I didn't want to make too many changes to my roster from last year.

I believe there was a rugby gob list which was floating around on this forum, which listed which file to replace for each teams home kit, away kit, logos and banners. You would need to refer to that file to get the exact file name.

The file be2970b0ada8e42cf891ce60ffe69575.xml will need to be altered as well as the .english file.
I will add these when I upload the roster.

Last edited:
I also have a roster, but its not as accurate as yours(correct commentary name, faces, height, weight - also don't have grenoble and pau, la rochelle in the roster) still needs updates on spain, uruguay and russia I think.. I started a WL with the Kings and I must say I really had to dig deep to win 2 matches out of 4. Lost the other 2 very narrow. Thanx for all the help @ama1 with editing the roster. Much appreciated

@ama1 you are really like the god of modding, you really know your stuff more than i ever will, its good to have you around.

But there is one thing which i must add, See your list ? either i'm blind or i don't see London Irish anywhere on the team list you have made (not in the Team Name or in the replace (original) section. Could i make a suggestion and have the London Irish replaced with Bristol, Because Bristol as you know are newly promoted and London Irish were relegated.

But overall i am happy to see this mod is turning out very nicely keep the good work up! :)

OK, I will put them in. They are team id - 40. I just deactivated them in the file be2970b0ada8e42cf891ce60ffe69575.xml because they were relegated.

I'm trying to get my head around the string id's in this file, as they need to be assigned to each team as well. I have reassigned the original string ids to the teams in the above list. I have now used them all up and will check the sequence to expand them (much like the player ids) and any other file (the .English file) where theyrepresent the teams value.

Last edited:
For the team stats, I just looked at the standings on the internet and rated them in terms of Points for (Attacking), Points against (Defending), Tries scored (Flair),the amount of the teams points which came from kicks (Kicking)...etc, etc.
Ifound a website which showed these stats, but can't remember what it was called.

@ama1 you are the best!
@ama1 Can you add the Barbarians and World 15?

Hey guys, is it possible to put more teams into a tournament? Like adding 4 more teams to the Super 14?

All super rugby teams are in, only 20 international teams will be left to make place for more top 14 teams

- - - Updated - - -

Oh adding to a tournament, haven't tried, tried to use Henrico for S18 but had no succes

- - - Updated - - -

Heineken cup, forgot to turn of autocorrect

As far as i'm aware, It is impossible to add a new tournament or edit one to have more teams. But saying that i thought it was impossible to add more players to the game and we have found a way of doing that. So you never know there might be a way but we've not discovered it yet.

@Ezzy It most likely will, i use to know how to update the fixtures but its been too long since i last modded.

Only the 6 nations fixtures has been updated as far as I know, gonna do top 14 next, don't know what to do about the super rugby though(maybe replace the heinecup cup again, but one group will only have 2 super rugby -tried changing the fixtures but can't) and the 2019 worldcup groups haven't been drawn, also I don't think there's enough japan stadiums for that

@ImScotty I failed miserably, lol. Tried editing the RWC fixtures but the game crashed

- - - Updated - - -
@geostar Why don't you just do the RWC 2015 fixtures? And Just make Super 14 - 2017. Just take the original Super 14 teams and make "2017" fixtures for them.

Latest posts