• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Izzy Folau

So... That Izzy fella. Remember him?

Anyone think with this funding for a decent legal team he might win?

So... That Izzy fella. Remember him?

Depends wholly if the decision is by jury or judge. If its a jury yes he could win if its a judge (which I think it will be) I suspect he'll fail badly. We are talking about standard contracts here and essentially gross misconduct whilst potentially reducing the earnings of your employer. Australia as noted earlier in this thread has no real freedom of religion law. It pretty watertight for AR so its only if people get emotionally involved will he succeed.

hell yeah. if the courts have taught me anything its that justice is far from whats right.
izzy is wrong. being legal has nothing to do with whats right

Well back on topic.....

Now Folau is trying to drag the sponsors into his pathetic personal crusade...

https://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/...h/news-story/8ec8c13cc746b20679705a75065c7b6a

Worst case medium to long term scenario; sponsors in Australia will simply decide that Rugby Union is not worth the trouble, and indeed, if Folau is able to somehow win any part of his case, the implications for Australian sport in general could be dire. They too could find themselves with a dire shortage of sponsorship....

It's also becoming clear that he is being used by the Christian lobby

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...u/news-story/172f14d411f1fd870716cf03d71aa0e1

Last edited:
i was just reading an article where former team mates / friends are coming forward and saying they dont recognise him, that hes' changed so much in the last couple of years and even more so in the last couple of months, sad really

I dont think they do jury's for civil matter like this, think it will be a judge or panel of judges

It will be a sad indictment of things if he wins when an independent panel can find him clearly guilty of breach of contract. It was obvious this would be a huge deal so you'd have expected this panel to be 100% certain they were giving the correct verdict

i was just reading an article where former team mates / friends are coming forward and saying they dont recognise him, that hes' changed so much in the last couple of years and even more so in the last couple of months, sad really

I dont think they do jury's for civil matter like this, think it will be a judge or panel of judges

It will be a sad indictment of things if he wins when an independent panel can find him clearly guilty of breach of contract. It was obvious this would be a huge deal so you'd have expected this panel to be 100% certain they were giving the correct verdict
One judge and a panel if it's appealed i expect. Certainly don't use juries for anything other than criminal matters, and even then not all the time.

I always tell clients nothing is certain when you take something to court. The way the world is going at the moment, i would not at all be surprised if he got up. Disappointed but not surprised.

Was talking briefly with a partner in the firm I'm in at the moment and he certainly thinks Folau might have an strong unfair procedures case. Didn't get to prove him on what facts he was aware of though. Ultimately none of us are aware of the language in the actual contract so it's a bit silly to be certain either way, as I often is when a court is involved.

Was talking briefly with a partner in the firm I'm in at the moment and he certainly thinks Folau might have an strong unfair procedures case. Didn't get to prove him on what facts he was aware of though. Ultimately none of us are aware of the language in the actual contract so it's a bit silly to be certain either way, as I often is when a court is involved.

Indeed, also, what the heads of argument would be and which sections in the contract is up for contention.

I'm also intrigued to see which statutes and case law would apply in this case as it's essentialy Canon Law vs. Civil Rights but in a contest of contractual law and the breaching of said contract.

No expert, but I guess a judge or panel of judges is likely to apply a strict letter of the law interpretation, even if they don't particularly like the outcome.

Folau's team must think they're in with a chance. Presumably he's hired some fairly heavy hitters.

No expert, but I guess a judge or panel of judges is likely to apply a strict letter of the law interpretation, even if they don't particularly like the outcome.

Folau's team must think they're in with a chance. Presumably he's hired some fairly heavy hitters.

You don't go to court if you don't think you don't have a chance. A judge is one of the most uncompromising people you'll ever meet, it takes a special kind of a**hole to be a judge.

I Folau loses, and the judges speak with disdain towards his bid, the ridicule alone is something that will live with him for the rest of his life.

In SA we don't have juries. So I know that presenting a case before a judge is way more intimidating. And they are very well prepared ahead of the trial. I guess the Folau's legal team are going to look for as many loopholes as possible and try to persuade the judge more than contest the actual termination.

He actually hasn't. He's gone mid-tier.

RA have, though.

Or they know he's got a pot of money!
They are obliged to advise izzy on prospects, but Izzy is not obliged to listen to their advice. Plus, there is always a chance in litigation. Always.

They would have told him his prospects are low and he would have told them that it is what God wants and so they will run it, bank the Christian public's cheques and shrug if he loses.

I got banned for being correct.

Where're we at with this discussion?

The hypocrisy of the Left is quite stunning.

I thought we were a diverse society? Were is the acceptance of Israel's view? He's not hurting anyone. You have the right to be offended. You are no more correct to disagree with Israel's point of view than anyone is to disagree with anyone's point of view. But to silence it? That's dangerous and unacceptable in modern society.

And just to be crystal clear for those who find this concept very hard to understand; I do not agree with Israel's point of view.

Latest posts