• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Izzy Folau

What did Lawes say?

I'm really disappointed that Billy has got involved. HIA surely required?

"I don't have a faith like yourself my brother so I don't share the same views in this matter but I do believe you should be able to voice your own opinions and beliefs as you see fit.
To everyone getting worked up about these post I ask you if you don't believe in the same things as them then what do these statements matter to you? Can we not disagree with someone without calling them a bigot or a homophobe or every other name under the sun?
And by the way If you're going to say you're accepting of everyone then be accepting of everyone, not just the people you agree with."

Let's be real if that was SBW and replace homosexuality with Christianity it would be one big **** storm with no defenders. (and ironically one of those is a choice to follow the other isn't...

"Can we not disagree with someone without calling them a bigot or a homophobe?" - Lawes

When they're not, as a matter of fact, being a bigot or a homophobe - yeah, easy!

Look he only said Gay people are sinners and going hell, and that god didn't create man to be gay, nothing homophobic in that right?

Oh Lawes, stay out of it. Luckily he hasn't put his foot in it, and looks to be trying to defend a mate.

So Binny's been openly supported by some club and national team mates. But I'll bet there are an equal number who won't look at him in the same way again.

There could be some very awkward dressing rooms ahead. Probably not how Jones dreamt the build up to a RWC.

Personally all Region and the bigots that hide behind it should be consigned purely to Mythology along with such former religions as Norse and Greeks etc.

So Binny's been openly supported by some club and national team mates. But I'll bet there are an equal number who won't look at him in the same way again.

There could be some very awkward dressing rooms ahead. Probably not how Jones dreamt the build up to a RWC.

No one in the England team currently strikes me as a Pocock TBH.

Personally all Region and the bigots that hide behind it should be consigned purely to Mythology along with such former religions as Norse and Greeks etc.

No one in the England team currently strikes me as a Pocock TBH.
No, although if I remember correctly all but Te'o, Underhill (for practical reasons) and one other wore those rainbow laces back in the AIs, so there is some hope.

Faf de Klerk (!!!) are amongst the others to have liked it. Is Faf even religious?

Edit 2: Faf is religious.
Faf was actually who I was thinking of,
He's very very religious - remember reading an interview with him where he said at the Lions they used to have team prayer before every game and have bible study sessions and the such, and that was the biggest culture shock moving to the NH

Curry also liked it.
Mental, isn't it.
Genge, too.

Neither strike me as religious nutjobs. Hopefully more of a half asleep scrolling down your timeline and showing support without actually reading the caption kind of like, rather than an actual "I stand with bigotry" show of support.

Mental, isn't it.
Genge, too.

Neither strike me as religious nutjobs. Hopefully more of a half asleep scrolling down your timeline and showing support without actually reading the caption kind of like, rather than an actual "I stand with bigotry" show of support.
Unfortunately I just can't see that being the case. Given what's going on, I can't imagine any players would be stupid enough to go around liking any religious looking posts without reading what they're about.

Unfortunately I just can't see that being the case. Given what's going on, I can't imagine any players would be stupid enough to go around liking any religious looking posts without reading what they're about.
You're breaking my heart :(

mBajyXR.png

Cruz_del_sur your arguments only really apply if Izzy was somehow suppressed by the state. A private entity executing a contractual right to stop paying Izzy because he has violated the contract he voluntarily entered into has literally nothing to do with free speech (unless there are state laws specifically stating that a person cannot be fired for saying 'x' - not the case).

Your argument would make a lot more sense if Izzy was, for example, openly gay and RA we re trying to fire him, because there are specific laws stating you cannot fire someone due to sexual preference.
Two points if you dont mind. First, my main point was more about people here saying that he shouldn't have the right to say/post/tweet that. I think he should have that right. And i do agree with many here that that could have consequences and i am fine with that. However, and this brings me to my second point, i haven't seen the contract and i do not know whether this is grounds for termination or if under the pertinent jurisdiction any grounds are actually required.

In many places in (half of continental Europe) you are not allowed to fire someone "just because" without paying a hefty compensation and in quite a few of those, explicitly citing a someone's social media posts as grounds for termination wouldn't make the cut unless it is specifically mentioned as a deal breaker in the contract, which it might, i dont know.
Let me rephrase: too many unknowns. I m not saying you are wrong, i just dont know. You present info as fact that i am not aware of. Not saying it isn't, i just do not know.

To be clear, if I posted what he did on social media, I have no doubt I'd be up for disciplinary at my work, and my membership of my professional body would be up for debate, especially if it was a repeated offence.
I was thinking about that. I am pretty sure i'd win but it'd be a carreer killer.

I am not sure so i thought i'd ask:
1) had he said "this is my own personal view and does not reflect the tahs nor australias's point of view", would that have made any difference? Should it?
2) If instead of tweeting "all gays should go to hell" he posted "Christianity teaches all thieves, lias, homosexuals, etc should go to hell. I am a Christian" Would that have made a difference?

Last edited:

Latest posts