• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Izzy Folau

South Africa clubs are getting ****** hard.

Liebenberg and Viljeon to Tigers

Leaving the Lions
Ruan Combrinck
Robbie Coetzee
Sylvian Mahuza
Nic Groom
Danie Mienie
Robert Kruger
Harold Vorster
Lionel Mapoe
Stephan Lewies
Franco Naude
I don't think Izzy said anything about clubs that **** other clubs going to hell?

I would genuinely love to hear them try and justify that.
Like in what world would/should a religious organisation hoard that much wealth when there is so much sickness/poverty/homelessness etc. in the world/on their own doorsteps.

Like in what world would/should a religious organisation hoard that much wealth when there is so much sickness/poverty/homelessness etc. in the world/on their own doorsteps.

Christianity was founded on that though.

I know, but how can they justify it via the Bible?

I know all organised religion is based in deep seated hypocrisy, but I'd still love to see how they twist and turn the words to justify hoarding millions of dollars and using it to fund bogus court cases over helping the needy.

To be fair, back in the day there was probably some gladiator campaigning against losing his job because he still felt all Christians be put to death!

Religion and law are fairly similar for the most part, they mean no harm and have good intentions until people **** up their interpretations. Fundamentalists are like those "freemen of the land" whack jobs, nobody really takes them seriously but they do cause trouble.

To be fair, back in the day there was probably some gladiator campaigning against losing his job because he still felt all Christians be put to death!

Religion and law are fairly similar for the most part, they mean no harm and have good intentions until people **** up their interpretations. Fundamentalists are like those "freemen of the land" whack jobs, nobody really takes them seriously but they do cause trouble.

we have one of those as a client right now . . . which kinda goes against everything they believe

Not only hoard it, but give it to Folau instead of said sick and homeless

Not only hoard it, but give it to Folau instead of said sick and homeless
You guys make it impossible NOT to comment......with lots of respect, if this is the type of argument that will be used to fight Folau and what he stands for, he's gonna win.....Who said those organisations(or private people) that gave him money does NOT contribute to poor and homeless/sick people? Keep emotion out of it.

I agree 100%. How far that argument will get you fighting Izzy is another matter.

You guys make it impossible NOT to comment......with lots of respect, if this is the type of argument that will be used to fight Folau and what he stands for, he's gonna win.....Who said those organisations(or private people) that gave him money does NOT contribute to poor and homeless/sick people? Keep emotion out of it.
Why did the church have $100k plus in their bank when there are starving children in the world? That's the issue.

Why are they hoarding wealth when there is so much pain and suffering and sickness and poverty?

If they give already then give more, there is no justification for having that much wealth when you claim to want to help people.

Why did the church have $100k plus in their bank when there are starving children in the world? That's the issue.

Why are they hoarding wealth when there is so much pain and suffering and sickness and poverty?

If they give already then give more, there is no justification for having that much wealth when you claim to want to help people.
This argument falls on its face pretty quickly, philanthropic organisations whether they be charities or religious organisations don't just throw money at causes as soon as it comes in, that's totally unsustainable. It's the same with "hoarding" wealth, take the Vatican city as an example, it literally has multiple priceless artworks but it's proven to be better served charging people who want to see it to see it and then to use that money for various good causes around the world rather than selling certain pieces and using the proceeds immediately. A sustainable and constant income will be more beneficial to everyone.

Without researching it I'd guess this organisation is doing more than most to help homelessness and sick people in their community, and there is only so much throwing money at these issues can do, some homeless don't want helped, some sick people can't be cured and a precedent of throwing six figures at one child who needs an operation can't really be set because it'll only attract criticism the next time when they can't pay. Helping Folau is objectively absolutely deplorable but it's not something that can be made look worse because it should be used to help x, y or z when in all likelihood they already are doing enough in those areas and they were waiting to use this money for a cause when it arose, they just chose an awful one.

Obviously if they do nothing to help the vulnerable in their community this post is more or less moot, I don't care to look into much to be honest.

It's a political lobby group, not a church.....that seeks "to bring a Christian influence to politics".

https://www.acl.org.au/about

This argument falls on its face pretty quickly, philanthropic organisations whether they be charities or religious organisations don't just throw money at causes as soon as it comes in, that's totally unsustainable. It's the same with "hoarding" wealth, take the Vatican city as an example, it literally has multiple priceless artworks but it's proven to be better served charging people who want to see it to see it and then to use that money for various good causes around the world rather than selling certain pieces and using the proceeds immediately. A sustainable and constant income will be more beneficial to everyone.

Without researching it I'd guess this organisation is doing more than most to help homelessness and sick people in their community, and there is only so much throwing money at these issues can do, some homeless don't want helped, some sick people can't be cured and a precedent of throwing six figures at one child who needs an operation can't really be set because it'll only attract criticism the next time when they can't pay. Helping Folau is objectively absolutely deplorable but it's not something that can be made look worse because it should be used to help x, y or z when in all likelihood they already are doing enough in those areas and they were waiting to use this money for a cause when it arose, they just chose an awful one.

Obviously if they do nothing to help the vulnerable in their community this post is more or less moot, I don't care to look into much to be honest.

But if you did research... you'd know they are just a lobbying group who spend a **** load of money on getting politicians to pass right wing policy.

Latest posts