• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Jake wants his job back, within the week.

- PDV had a fallout with Francois Steyn, which, in my books, is bad player management. If Steyn had been there since the beginning of the Tri-Nations, it would have been a different story.

- Why did it take PDV 6 games to realise that Francois Hougaard needs to start ahead of Ricky Januarie? BAD SELECTION

- Why was Spies not dropped for Kankowski? Instead, Spies gets his undroppable status, while Kankowski gets shoved into another position he doesn't play, then proceeds to be dropped for not performing.

- Why was Jean de Villiers on the wing??? WTF???

- Why, against New Zealand, when our two best players in Juan Smith and Francois Hougaard, does the coach decide to substitute them at such a crucial point in the match?

- John Smit was struggling against New Zealand, but the coach refuses to bring on Chilliboy, and we all know who missed the tackle on Nonu. Then against Australia, Smit playes his heart out, but then the coach decides to bring
Chilliboy on? WTF?

- We concede 4 tries in 30 minutes against Australia, which should have set alarm bells off, triggering a VERY STRICT attention to defensive practice before the next test. What happens? We concede 4 tries in 20 minutes a week later!!!!

- Gio Aplon and Juan de Jongh have blinders against New Zealand, then both get dropped for the Australia tests?

-Clearly, we suffered BIG TIME at the breakdown against New Zealand, pointing out that we desperately need a fetcher to counter Pocock a week later. What happens? Our fetcher gets dropped from the entire 22 and we have 2 number 8's in the back-row. WTFFFFFFFFFFF

- Habana costs us 17 points against Australia, as well as constantly going for intercepts, causing a New Zealand try as well. Does Aplon play ahead? No. Then Habana proceeds to gift Australia another 14 points in the final test. ONLY THEN DOES THE COACH SUBSTITUTE HIM.

I guess you are right. It's not poor coaching at all is it?
Its poor coaching alright and it needs to carry on lol. Sorry if Im pissin you off Jerry but I like it how you point out all these mistakes he's made. PDV!! PDV!! PDV!!

Guys, guys. These aren't "mistakes" these are masterstrokes.

Give PDV a chance.

Absolutely Prestwick, my man. Is your team in our pool with South Africa?

Sadly not, we've got Argentina and Scotland.

I'm campaigning HARD for the Scots to sack Andy Robinson and bring back Matt Williams as he was AWESOME when he was coaching Scotland with his "I tell my team that they're crap" coaching style and all.

Give PDV a chance.

I'm campaigning HARD for the Scots to sack Andy Robinson and bring back Matt Williams as he was AWESOME when he was coaching Scotland with his "I tell my team that they're crap" coaching style and all.

Wasn't that Jim Tefler. Im glad scotland are finally winning a few games

Give PDV a chance.

LOL..

You guys are sweet surely you's would make the quarters. All respect to Argentina and Scotland.

interesting to think. Aparently Jake white got fired for complaining about ticket prices. Compare that to what the village idiot has been up to since he was made coach!

PDV is so unprofessional, he's a sore loser and a arogant winner. Opens his mouth when he should just keep it shut, keep his opinions to himself and actually coach his team. It's funny even some of his players think he does a good job diverting attention away from the players so they can do their job....

Im sure that was Nick Mallet?
I stand to be corrected, but White's contract 'ran-out'

As lovely as this sounds, it will never happen...

Should never happen either. Jake is a snake playing on the public's sympathies. He forget how his team lost 49-0 a year prior to a WC , he forget how he just a few months ago said that he would not pick a fetcher in his team like Broussouw and favors big strong loosies. What will White bring to the Boks ? Look what happend to the Lions (SA provincial team) after Jakes Consultation vs to what's happening to them now that Mitchell is in charge.

People forget how they wanted Jake out just before the WC , how they wanted Alistair out as well and then credited the backline play to Eddie Jones. Howcome Jake and Eddie don't have any steady Jobs ? Howcome they not coaching at the moment. Sorry Jake is not teh answer for the Boks and quiet frankly his attitude at the moment is disgusting.

Im sure that was Nick Mallet?
I stand to be corrected, but White's contract 'ran-out'

Correct it was Mallet who got fired for those tickets comments, Jake's contract ended and was not renewed after the WC

Should never happen either. Jake is a snake playing on the public's sympathies. He forget how his team lost 49-0 a year prior to a WC , he forget how he just a few months ago said that he would not pick a fetcher in his team like Broussouw and favors big strong loosies. What will White bring to the Boks ? Look what happend to the Lions (SA provincial team) after Jakes Consultation vs to what's happening to them now that Mitchell is in charge.

People forget how they wanted Jake out just before the WC , how they wanted Alistair out as well and then credited the backline play to Eddie Jones. Howcome Jake and Eddie don't have any steady Jobs ? Howcome they not coaching at the moment. Sorry Jake is not teh answer for the Boks and quiet frankly his attitude at the moment is disgusting.

So you are saying staying with PDV would be more beneficial? Uh huh...

Jake White resigned because of the farce that is SARU. He had not even confirmed his wish to resign, as he was still deciding. Then Oregan Hoskins went and PUBLICLY made the job available. This coupled with certain 'political' interference led to Jake White pretty much being forced out. Read his book. It says a lot about SARU and Mr. Hoskins...

Last edited:
LOL..

You guys are sweet surely you's would make the quarters. All respect to Argentina and Scotland.

Never, EVER, underestimate England's ability to make things hard for themselves.

Anyway where was I?

Oh yeah, Y2J, lay off PDV!!! He's a great coach and the best for South Africa :D

I had almost forgotten that White was involved with the Lions.

It seems as though some people don't know that Dick Muir was employed as the Director of Rugby, but for whatever reason it may be, another, full-time coach was not employed

So you are saying staying with PDV would be more beneficial? Uh huh...

Jake White resigned because of the farce that is SARU. He had not even confirmed his wish to resign, as he was still deciding. Then Oregan Hoskins went and PUBLICLY made the job available. This coupled with certain 'political' interference led to Jake White pretty much being forced out. Read his book. It says a lot about SARU and Mr. Hoskins...

First off no I am not necessary saying PDV should stay even though I do feel its absurd to change a coach this close to a WC , the new coach cannot be held accountable for results and thats a disaster. As for Jake being forced out , yes I read his book but then again , it is HIS book and viewpoint.

It's no secret that SARU had a vendetta against Jake.

Also, a year is more than enough time to turn a team around. We went from being ranked sixth in the world, after an embarrasing WC 2003, as well as the farce that was Streulie and Kamp Staldraad, to winning the Tri Nations less than a year later... There is NO REASON, that this team can't turn things around, and i know that there is a better chance of that happening with Jake White back in the mix than there is with this buffoon PDV.

I'll remind you both what a horrible state England were in going into the 2007 RWC and look where they ended up!

It's no secret that SARU had a vendetta against Jake.

Also, a year is more than enough time to turn a team around. We went from being ranked sixth in the world, after an embarrasing WC 2003, as well as the farce that was Streulie and Kamp Staldraad, to winning the Tri Nations less than a year later... There is NO REASON, that this team can't turn things around, and i know that there is a better chance of that happening with Jake White back in the mix than there is with this buffoon PDV.

well Jake was no better than PDV at the same time the last WC , PDV to his credit managed to beat NZ in NZ twice as well as beating the ABS 3 times in a row. Right now PDV just seems worse cos u thinking with emotion but think back to when Jake was in charge how we felt prior to the WC , if u consider the results like 49-0 as well as our first ever lost to Ireland then u will see Jake is not the answer. The man has not even been actively coaching for the last few years and the only thing close to resembling some sort of coaching that was for the Lions before the S14 and how well did they play ? Now look at how well the Lions are playing under Mitchell afterwards.

If u can answer me how Jake will improve the boks then maybe I will listen but to say Jake is the answer to all our prayers is not correct. The Boks are firstly overplayed/unfit and then secondly ill disciplined. Both can and will be addressed by whoever is coach and they will play better. Making Jake coach now does not make good sense cos if he loses then he will simply say its PDV fault and the structures was not in place , if he goes on to be successful by winning then he will say see , I told u so. Springbok teams has never in recent History been consistent , Mallets team that won 17 in a row could not manage back to back wins in NZ , why expect that now ? Our traditional strength was always our gees and physical strength , we have always relied on our mindset that we will not lose , Smit said the other day we cannot just rely on that , it will win us once offs but not make us consistent , the only time I have ever seen a Bok team consistent a little was last year.

I'll remind you both what a horrible state England were in going into the 2007 RWC and look where they ended up!

Due respect to England and SA the last WC was not reflective of rugby strength , sure we tease the ABS about it constantly but we know the truth is we were gifted that WC. Remember England lost 36-0 against SA in that WC.

Sparty

We were absolutely **** during the RWC 2003, Jake White turned that around and made us tri-nations winners in 2004. We lose out to NZ in 2005 because of bonus points. In 2006 Jake White decided to blood new players (NOT WHAT P DIVVY IS DOING NOW!) and it definitely paid off for the 2007 tri-nations (Look how good Steyn was at 12)

Jake White had one "bad" year

P Divtwat had record losses in 2008 (19 - 0 at Newlands, need I say more?) and barely beat Wales and Scotland in the EOYT. In 2009 we won all 3 our NZ games, BUT it was quite frankly, a **** NZ side that made a lot of mistakes. Do I even need to mention the John Smit tighthead issue? The utter crap EOYT games? You mention Jake White making us lose our first ever game against Ireland, P Div made us lose against the Saracens and the Leicester Tigers.

A second string Leicester Tigers side too.

Jake White managed to find potential new Springboks during 2006 and the EOYT, P Div finally saw how **** Rose is, and he completely ignored promising youngsters (he's doing that still btw)

You can't say "DONT HIRE JAKE HIS ****, JUST LOOK AT 2006"

That's just stupid.

Look at 2004,2005 and 2007. Then look ESPECIALLY hard at 2003.

SA were gifted that WC when the AB's and Aussie were eliminated, I think even some of the players have admited that. The teams that had a realistic chance of winning were NZ, AUS, France and SA and they were the top 4 ranked teams in the world at that time. the Boks made it through the entire world cup without playing any of those favorites. Their Biggest Challenge came from Fiji??? Very strange scenario, the final game was an anti climax.

We lose out to NZ in 2005 because of bonus points.

No you didn't. Here is the 2005 Table

2005-3Ntable.jpg

Without bonus points it would have finished

NZL 12
SAF 12
AUS 0

But with a superior points difference (NZL +25 v SAF +11) New Zealand would have won the tournament anyway.

The next criteria is tries scored (NZL 12 v SAF 7) so they would have won on that count too even if the points had been the same.

Latest posts