• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

James Cameron's avatar movie slightly based off hinduism?

C

chrisssteeven

Hello,
The word "avatar" literally means reincarnation of Vishnu in Hinduism. He's always depicted as being blue colored in paintings and temples, and all the characters in the avatar movie are blue. Coincidence, or planned?

There is some, although mostly coincidence.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
The look of the Na'viâ€"the humanoids indigenous to Pandoraâ€"was inspired by a dream that Cameron's mother had, long before he started work on Avatar. In her dream, she saw a twelve-foot-tall blue-skinned woman, which he thought was "kind of a cool image". He included similar creatures in his first screenplay (written in 1976 or 1977), which featured a planet with a native population of "gorgeous" tall blue aliens. These later became the basis for the Na'vi.[63] On the specific reason for the choice of blue as their skin color, Cameron said "I just like blue. It's a good color ... plus, there's a connection to the Hindu deities,[65] which I like conceptually."[66][/b]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar_%282009_film%29

not so much avatar as pochohontas

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lucky_number_7 @ Feb 14 2010, 02:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
not so much avatar as pochohontas
[/b]

agreed bro, you found it correctly, this movie looks like Pochohontas very very much alike, almost similar scenarios

But anyway I was greatly impressed by the special effects and wide-open space scenes after watching it in 3D

I was very skeptic while before watching it, while was impressed by the show I saw in Cinema :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts