• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

January 2006

L

loratadine

play and amazon both now have it as a 20th january release

fingers crossed
<

i think its bodes well - but im still expectin feb, so im not dissapointed any earlier is a massive bonus.

trev had stated that he had heard it might come out mid-jan... hope this is gonna be right

That would be great - only two months after I ordered it from Amazon the first time! I really can't wait to play the game, it looks great!

The only rugby game I have is EAs Rugby 2004 and that really doesn't do our sport any justice!

Coco

Originally posted by Coco@Dec 17 2005, 04:00 AM
That would be great - only two months after I ordered it from Amazon the first time! I really can't wait to play the game, it looks great!

The only rugby game I have is EAs Rugby 2004 and that really doesn't do our sport any justice!

Coco
Ooooh, there are a lot of bad ones out there, but think you got the worst... bad luck mate

Originally posted by toup+Dec 17 2005, 04:24 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (toup @ Dec 17 2005, 04:24 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Coco
@Dec 17 2005, 04:00 AM

Coco
Ooooh, there are a lot of bad ones out there, but think you got the worst... bad luck mate [/b]
Actually, I think he's saying that he doesn't own any rugby games.

Originally posted by captainamerica+Dec 17 2005, 06:26 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Dec 17 2005, 06:26 AM)</div>
Originally posted by toup@Dec 17 2005, 04:24 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Coco
@Dec 17 2005, 04:00 AM

Coco

Ooooh, there are a lot of bad ones out there, but think you got the worst... bad luck mate
Actually, I think he's saying that he doesn't own any rugby games. [/b]
Now now, denying all existance of Rugby 2004 won't make it go away... I know the combination of rubbish gameplay AND no club socks for the Baa Baas is very painful for you. Anyway, back on topic, I have been told by my local GAME that 20 Jan is looking certain... which makes me worry!

Yeah, Rugby 2004 really gives a bad name to real rugby. Maybe it should have been called EAs Rugby 2004 - The number on the end is actually the number of seconds we spent working on it.

Anyway, one of my friend's has a worse one - plain old Rugby - the one with Martin Johnson on the front.

Coco

Cap, the reason most games probably have a generic pair of socks for the baabaas is because of memory space..or lack of.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Anyway, one of my friend's has a worse one - plain old Rugby - the one with Martin Johnson on the front.[/b]

I think that wasn't such a bad game, compared to R20*4 to be honest.

'Rugby' was bloody briliant when it first came out. The pace was ideal, the end to end camera was sharp, the forwards play with the stamana bars was fantastic and it had Bill McLaren on commentary.

Dunno how anyonce can think of it as 'worse' than 2004.

I'm actually playing Rugby now. Yes, I am really bored.

But it is great in the sense that it is so much easier to play, and do the basics, than 2004 or 05. For example, anyone ever chipped the full-back on the newer versions? Cross-field kicks? At leats it had foundations in 01, but these were completely lost in 2004, as different guys making it. 2001, with bugs, like the advantage rule, smoothed out, and some decent passing mechanics and graphics, along with more elements, would have made an excellent game. So many years have been lost....
<

I actually used to love playing Rugby 2001, I thought it was superbly enjoyable, so long as you played it with a mate. The fury I used to cause by dropping goals from the half way line with Jani De Beer!

The controls for Rugby were just weird when I played it round my mates house. I suppose when it came out it would have been great.

Anyway is it possible for a game to get worse as the series go on - yes me thinks - especially with Tomb Raider.

Coco

Tomb Raider was NEVER good anyway, but I see where your coming from.

Anther bloody film is close to certain aswell, god help us.

Originally posted by Air Ben@Dec 20 2005, 09:57 AM
Tomb Raider was NEVER good anyway, but I see where your coming from.
<
WTF

The very first Tomb Raider on the original PlayStation was one of the most awesome, groundbreaking games i'd EVER played! The rest of them were awful (with the exception of the last revelation) but Tomb Raider 1 was a classic game.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Dec 18 2005, 05:44 PM
I actually used to love playing Rugby 2001, I thought it was superbly enjoyable, so long as you played it with a mate. The fury I used to cause by dropping goals from the half way line with Jani De Beer!
Yeah, I always used to have Tri-Nations with 2 mates, but would always end up whooping them. Used to be quite good watching them both fight it out with each other though!

Good piont about the drop-goals as well, in 2001 you could actually score them from outside the 22, unlike 2004 and 2005 where you can only score inside. Although, the amount of drop-goals I made with Leonard was suprising....

i always liked rugby 2001 - great game im actually going to play on it right now.

Originally posted by loratadine@Dec 19 2005, 11:43 PM
i always liked rugby 2001 - great game im actually going to play on it right now.
Go for it! A bad point about it was that there isn't a skill level, all you can do is change the stats of the players, meaning the Ai wasn't smarter, but just quicker and stronger, or vice versa, in its players stats. This makes winning the WC pretty easy. I suggest you try and win with Wales at 5% against England at 45% in a 10-min match. That is a challenge.

Latest posts