• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Japanese Rugby

Thanks buddy, but I think we are being trolled. Last week I could see the game and you couldn't. This week I can't see it but you can! No worries though, with a full schedule of games I'd probably rather watch all the highlights.

Thanks buddy, but I think we are being trolled. Last week I could see the game and you couldn't. This week I can't see it but you can! No worries though, with a full schedule of games I'd probably rather watch all the highlights.
I think a licensing thing, all about the Benjamin$. Make sure you watch the highlights from that Steelers vs Wild Knights game. It was a great one! :)

I think a licensing thing, all about the Benjamin$. Make sure you watch the highlights from that Steelers vs Wild Knights game. It was a great one! :)
Yeah, pretty entertaining. I caught highlights of a Division 3 game where the Regulions got hammered. Even at that level the ball handling skills seem pretty decent. I wouldn't have thought it was a lower division match by looking at it.

Yeah, pretty entertaining. I caught highlights of a Division 3 game where the Regulions got hammered. Even at that level the ball handling skills seem pretty decent. I wouldn't have thought it was a lower division match by looking at it.
This game starts in about 4 hours. It probably won't show in your part of the world, but you can give it a try if you're still awake. I hate licensing agreement$ and wish every sporting event was open to viewers all around the world.

This game starts in about 4 hours. It probably won't show in your part of the world, but you can give it a try if you're still awake. I hate licensing agreement$ and wish every sporting event was open to viewers all around the world.

Thanks, yeah, I can't access that link. I can get a VPN and get around I'm sure, but with so many competitions starting up in the next couple of weeks I think it'll be JRLO highlights for me though. Please let me know if they show an Eagles or Blue Revs match and I'll pull my finger out with a VPN on this tablet.

The Blue Revs off to a flyer against the poor Osaa Hurricanes. So that's both Japanese coached sides potentially looking capable at this level. Their players come on to the pitch running past a dude revving what appears to be a Yamaha MotoGP bike!

The Blue Revs off to a flyer against the poor Osaa Hurricanes. So that's both Japanese coached sides potentially looking capable at this level. Their players come on to the pitch running past a dude revving what appears to be a Yamaha MotoGP bike!
Hi Bruce. I found a website that updates all the rugby scores (JRLO, MLR, Premiership, Super Rugby, URC, SLAR, International, etc.) and other sports too.

www.flashscore.com

*Yulia, this info. is for you too.

Last edited:
Black Rams vs Sungoliath was two of the better teams. This is more the sort of intensity I am hoping for from the league.

Black Rams vs Sungoliath was two of the better teams. This is more the sort of intensity I am hoping for from the league.

I watched that match on The Rugby Network. Good one! I really like JRLO and agree with the Aussie announcer, they play a faster pace 15s game in Japan.

I have to say the standard and intensity (albeit just from highlights) seems a bit better this past fortnight. More of the overseas raised players are appearing so I wonder if Covid was really messing about with team selections and coaching in the early weeks. Even the bottom of the table Osaka Red Hurricanes only conceded 22 points against league leaders Sun Goliath this weekend.

I have to say the standard and intensity (albeit just from highlights) seems a bit better this past fortnight. More of the overseas raised players are appearing so I wonder if Covid was really messing about with team selections and coaching in the early weeks. Even the bottom of the table Osaka Red Hurricanes only conceded 22 points against league leaders Sun Goliath this weekend.
I'm watching the Steelers vs Green Rockets replay on The Rugby Network right now. The Green Rockets had one of the best driving mauls I've seen in a long time, and I love a good maul. There's another JRLO match I'm going to watch later, as well as more of the opening weekend of MLR action.

1644177642416.png

Last edited:
John Mitchell becomes Japanese defence coach. A solid appointment.

Eagles beat the Blue Revs in the battle of my favourites. I see in the Brave Lupis highlights that the Wild Knights appeared to have a DJ at the stadium playing "if you're happy and you know it clap your hands". I'm all for trying to attract a more youthful audience but that may be taking things a bit far. :p

Blue Revs squeak past Green Rockets to keep them in contention of avoiding the relegation playoffs. Seems in instances where a team has been unable to play due to Covid they are marked as a defeat rather than a rescheduled match. That's why Blue Revs are so low down in the standings.

Another nice win from the Eagles, continuing their playoff push. Tamura up to his usual range of grubbers, crosskicks and now 50/22s.

Latest posts