• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Jerry Collins Heading North

G

Gavin

Just saw this artical on rugbyheaven.co.nz proving the fact that the long-winded emmigration of New Zealand players may not stop any time soon

Collins Next In Line For Europe

It seems that Mr Collins is really considering a move to the Northern Hemisphere as he was quoted saying *At the moment, I am thinking about it every day* Thankfully I believe Jerry to be a real rugby player and a gentleman as he says, *I am not guided by money but by the desire of an adventure in a city which supports its team* Perhaps we might see Jerry Collins lining up in the Barnstaple XV if he moves, or maybe Saracens might sign him considering they are pondering over signing Wickus van Heerden.

I think one of the side goals is to fish the sea till it's empty. A roundabout way to ensure NH rugby becomes the greatest, via the best lure possible, bags of money.

He's welcome in Ireland, but not in Munster - too many NZ players making their mark there already. Thank you. Ker-ching!

He's welcome in Ireland, but not in Munster - too many NZ players making their mark there already. Thank you. Ker-ching!
[/b]

Haha...not welcomed at munster

I dont believe this, I know someone who hangs with Jerry so i'll ask him next time I see him.

I think if they've got heaps of money good on them they should lure our players to the north it's just New Zealands fault for being such a poor ass country lol.

I dont believe this, I know someone who hangs with Jerry so i'll ask him next time I see him. [/b]

Does your gentleman friend, 'ride', as it were in a sheep-drawn pimp mobile? As for the move, it is plausible given Saracens FAT WADS OF RAAAAAND™ but unlikely.

I can confirm today that Jerry Collins has decided to sign for Gravesend RFC in London Three South. He will pay to play and get paid by doing the sponsored car wash.

In reality i'd like him to go to Tigerrs or Quins, who i support because i did when i was younger.

This is old news. Basically the exact same thing was written in the NZ papers on the day we lost to France in the RWC last year. Nothing has happened since, it's still just talk. If he left, then meh. It would be a blow but I'm so far over players leaving to Europe now I just don't care. Someone else will just step up, as they always do.

It would be difficult. Collins does not come off contract with the NZRU until after the 2009 Tri-Nations, so going north would certainly rule him out of the 2011 RWC.

This is just a crap journo's kite flying exercise.

This is true, at least mauger, mcallister can come back to NZ in time for the 2011!

I think he wants to go north because in the weekend his mind was on other things he played like crap but still got man of the match.

I do not think Jerry Colins will wait until after rwc2011 to make his move to Europe, he will be 31 and he might just be a little bit too old to get a top salary and a long term contract.

European leagues aren't anymore a retirement house for past glories, both national leagues and HC are so competitive and filled with quality players from second tiers at half the price of former ABs glories.

Who would you hire, a 24 years old Argentina nearly as good as Colins twice cheaper, or an ageing Colins?

Even though, there would be an added marketing value , clubs will think twice before proposing a 4 years contract to a 31 years old.

Therefore my guess (just a guess) is that he will make the move at the end of the season and might come back in 2010.

It'd be awesome he if left to play for Launceston like he did after last years World Cup :lol:

Latest posts